All In Pre Flop

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the situation. If I have less than 10 BBs left, I can go all in with a more marginal hand because of fold equity. and if the player calls you can still be lucky and draw your card. But with more than 20BB at the start of the tournament the evidence is to play closer.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I get really tired of the whinging about bad players. If you cannot beat a bad player, you are the bad player. There are a dozen different things you can exploit from almost every player, but instead people are always crying about the bad players. Generally it is the bad players who fund us...so please get over it.
Cheers,
ObbleeXY

I hate these players being in the game as it does ruin the enjoyment of the game at times. That being said your right. Complaining is not what we need to do but we need to play and take advantage of the situation Many players will tighten up and wait for aces and not take a calculate risk when the opportunity comes up, Yes there are times I may lose but there are also many time I stack them.

Last edited:
danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. There are times when a push all-in pre-flop may be warranted.For example, low stack, and I am dealt AA, AKs, KK, or QQ. That is one time I will.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that A is considered to be some kind of symbol of power in poker, although in fact it is not supported by anything. And the players, seeing A on their hands, automatically think that another A will fall out for sure, and they will have the nuts on their hands. This is a very erroneous point of view, because in fact, cards like A6 are no better than 7J. They have roughly equal odds preflop. I am not in the category of players who push all in with these cards, and those who do so I think need a better understanding of poker.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm looking to push a small stack I often try to do it with an Ace in my hand. Ace hitting and giving you top pair is so strong against 1 or 2 players and can beat lots of strong hands like TT to KK

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s Low Stakes Poker

In very low streaks many poor players do that. I call it Zynga Poker Syndrome. They care so little for there bet that they play like it’s free. I take notes on such loose players.

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, there are a lot of situations where Ace rag is a push... But just shoving a starting stack with any ace is usually negative EV.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time I see players playing everything Pre Flop, I think they are intentional and not good players, they abuse their luck.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We collect chips from such players. If they were not there, it would have been more difficult to win a tournament or win a decent pot in cash. Anyone, if he wants to, learn to play well, you cannot rely only on luck in poker and know the combinations. So I wish you all more fish at the tables and a good river!:)

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More angry when they win my pocket JJ QQ or KK, just would like to smash something.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand if its a freeroll or a tournament worth a buck or so. doesn't make sense on a real live tournament with a decent buy in and a decent prize pool, unless you are a multi-millionaire that plays poker for fun and joins tournaments and goes all in with what ever he wants when ever he wants with what ever he wants because the buy in money doesn't mean anything to him. but most poker players care about the money. so if you are playing a real live poker tournament with decent buy in and decent prize pool its rare for someone to go all in with rage ace preflop early in the game, it's very possible for players to go all in pre flop with Ace rage late in a tournament when blinds are real high and worth it to steal them and if you are like 3 handed or so, then it can be justifiable in poker game theory.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a lot of players play just for fun, do not consider it as earnings and many more who do not want to learn and make a lot of mistakes, especially at micro-limits, you need to take this into account and adapt to them.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not mind, let them do it always suits me !!!

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can't really enjoy it, I prefer not to take a risk on the pre flop without having a sense of what lies ahead, playing the blinds for me. This is not playing poker, it's like you said, it's bingo, lucky.

I absolutely agree with you. So I just wait patiently for good cards and do not react to provocations by bingo players. :)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand those either. If I go all-in with such a card, then only with a small stack of 5BB or less. There is no time to expect a better card.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IT always depends

Sometimes I don't understand some players who start the game with A2, A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 with these cards already going all-in thinking that A is the only card that will come out on the table and always having the chance that it will happen to really win , players are so excited about A when he takes it in his hand that he doesn't give up, even if his opponent has a royal. I think they should study more poker before starting a table by pushing all in ....

Depends on the situation. Ace X suited against any other ace that has a bigger kicker has a 30% chance to win. When you got 18 bigs or less a shove with aces X suited or not in Lo jack to Button when folded to you i think is always a smart shove. I can see if you get it in with them and you always have the higher kicker and still lose. Thats just part of the game. The Ace is strong only defense is maybe dont call all ins all the time pre and make sure if you do get it in make sure you getting a good price. 2:1 or better you if you think you flipping

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the contrary my friend, I wish that they study even less, because these are the players who bring the profit from poker, so the less they know the better hehehehe

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A.* all-in preflop always happened under freerolls 、short stacks players or Bingo players. To play this way is because of low cost.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
REALLY A STRONG

Depends on the situation. Ace X suited against any other ace that has a bigger kicker has a 30% chance to win. When you got 18 bigs or less a shove with aces X suited or not in Lo jack to Button when folded to you i think is always a smart shove. I can see if you get it in with them and you always have the higher kicker and still lose. Thats just part of the game. The Ace is strong only defense is maybe dont call all ins all the time pre and make sure if you do get it in make sure you getting a good price. 2:1 or better you if you think you flipping
really the A is strong but I mean when the player goes all in preflop at the beginning of a tournament where he doesn't even have a chance to win any prize I prefer to see at least the flop to decide what to do ..

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I don't understand some players who start the game with A2, A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 with these cards already going all-in thinking that A is the only card that will come out on the table and always having the chance that it will happen to really win , players are so excited about A when he takes it in his hand that he doesn't give up, even if his opponent has a royal. I think they should study more poker before starting a table by pushing all in ....

I agree with you, but you have to be careful, having an A in hand is having a top pair in hand.

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They often call Allin with just an AX and win. Also when it is very risky because it is also possible that someone has a pocket pair or hits a good card on the flop.

The person with AX just sees the A and wants to minimize the people in the pot.

R

RomaRoma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved peoples who doing that most times so easy to get their chips

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think part of the reason why you see this so often in the lower stake tournaments is because often times players will call an all in with hands much worse then Ax

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see it a lot at the tables, losing vs those hands is frustrating especially when the stack is similar and the tournament is advanced, losing with KK QQ AK AQ AJ, it is also good that I know about that because one can double and the probability It is very high in our favor, and as they have already mentioned, it usually happens more at low levels, which is where I am moving at the moment:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

WestRuthlessUFC

WestRuthlessUFC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In freerolls and low buy-in tournaments it is happening every minute
But in last month I lose many time, when somebody is all in, I call, and he have A8, I have AK, but flop shows 8 and there is no K or something, and I lose.