All In Pre Flop

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Unfortunately,I can see that kind of players everytime I play a freeroll(not CC ones)Just be patient mate unless you are eager to play bingo as well.:)

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in micro stakes MTT's this is very common where folks have no issues firing off 2, 3, 4... bullets. You either double up the first few hands or buy in and try again.
Ha, I also thought that the microlimits only so, but I was selected several times through satellites to major tournaments and there is the same. Do not think that if you rise above the microlimits you will not encounter this again, this is a misconception.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens a lot early hands in micro games, people don't care, and freeroll obviously. But I also see it in low buy-on or ticket toruneys where there are 1000's of players. I think people think "This is going to be a long investment of time, so I want to make sure I've got the chips to last" So they try to double up early.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I think that's one of the most rookie mistakes. When beginners hold an ace they think it is a good hand. But that is not the case if your kicker are bad and the cards are not even suited. The truth is that you are often dominated with an ace and a low kicker, especially longhand. I only play AT +. Except I'm in late position and no one has raised before me. Then I play A2s - A9s and hope for the flush or try to steal the pot when all the players in front of me have folded. Another beginner's mistake is that they don't pay attention to their position at all. Whether UTG or BU is completely the same to them. They always play the same hands. I think I could write books about rookie mistakes in poker.

D

Damnbruce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rookies

Always playing the same hand in the same position the same way is a good way for a good player to pick you apart over time.

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
such a strategy is not, in my opinion, absolutely winning, it all depends on opponents, the situation and other factors.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it a bad game or just tilt no more

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all do it for diffrent reasons like to scare players or to bluff to try to steal the pot or cuz its a monster.Its probably not a good thing to get use to doing alot. Every now and then cool but your skills of the game wont be getting better if you never play. Good luck.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree but a lot of people get married to an ace or king and are afraid to fold them. Unless they are suited I fold them

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in pre flop

Sometimes you omly have one move. Rip it and ask questions later.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is friendly poker, full of different tactics!
I'm glad you started to see how your opponents are, keep studying and so they will become fish.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play slowly at the start and wait for the fish to be weeded out! As the game moves on it is 90% of the time the good smart player left! I say this all the time fish will give your chips back if you wait long enough! I'd say 2% of DONKS and FISH make it to the money! !% or less win!

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i agree that many players overestimates the value of the ace especially if the kicker isnt high, however the good thing of having an ace is that it is less likely for the other players to have a pair of aces, or even an ace so in late position with a short stack ( less than 15 or 10 bb) going all in with hands like a5-a2 suited can be profitable considering that even if they are unlucky enough to be called with pocket kings these hands will have 33% of chances of winning the hand, so taking a risk with these hands might be profitable in the long run in some situations.

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The higher the stakes the less this seems to be a issue.

xurek

xurek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15BB AA-JJ
10BB Ax- Kxs- AA-22.

30bb better to play the game

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ha, I also thought that the microlimits only so, but I was selected several times through satellites to major tournaments and there is the same. Do not think that if you rise above the microlimits you will not encounter this again, this is a misconception.

True True!!!

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Here we go again, rubbishing players who have a questionable strategy.
Why? Dude, its fantastic. If you are holding AA you can crush them. If you aren't, no worries, let them kill each other off, and you can take the chips from them.

LET ME REPEAT: DUDE, IT'S FANTASTIC.

A fish with lots of chips is the meal you should be seeking. Stop discouraging fish from making stupid plays. Stop telling them they're fish for doing stupid things. Just sit back and take the chips from them.

Anyone who moans about crappy play is in the wrong game. In fact, anyone who complains in poker full stop is probably in the wrong game.

When a fish gets lucky, it reinforces their poor play, and the result is they will lose even more often. Let the music play, man. Congratulate them on their ballsy moves.

For my part. I will not play the first three hands in an Open CC tourney with anything other than AA or KK (unless I'm in the blinds and nobody has shoved.) Too risky as someone always shoves in the first hand, and often does in hands 2 and three. I will sometimes even fold AKo from UTG in the first hand, if I'm feeling like I'm ready to sit down and compete for FT.

As far as I'm concerned, a bingo player with all the chips is really just someone holding my chips for for a bit.

As I continue to build my player database, I'll be able to adjust this somewhat as I'll be able to tell who at the table does this and who doesn't.

In the end...early shove is just a strategy. For example, I played the EPT Sochi freeroll yesterday which had 1,000 starting chips but a rebuy (for 11 cents) was 5,000 chips and the add-on was 50,000.
A first hand shove means basically that you will have 5,000 chips to play with on your second hand. Either by winning the shove, or by spending 11 cents. Either way, you are up on the majority of the opponents after two hands. Since it was a hyper turbo with small starting stacks, push-fold is common in early game.

My point is that not liking a strategy doesn't make it a bad strategy. If they benefit from it...it's good. Your job, instead of judging strategy, is to adjust your play accordingly so their behaviour can be exploited.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
sick all-ins preflop

Hi Community,

there are many comments on this topic but in my opinion it's a clear situation in Poker tournaments. The early Stage is starting and people want to play and have action on a table, for example in a a big freeroll with 500 or more players: in the first 15-45 min. you will have a lot of all ins because there are always maniacs and players you want to double up and try to shock other villains on table with sick raises or all-ins with weak hands. My advise is try to fold more hands than in your usual A-Play because if you are in the situation that you have 2 or more maniacs on your table you always try to play in a agressive way with coin flips and 3-betting and so on, you will loose in over 50% against these players. It is a good way to make notices and take your time, because in many cases two maniacs on your table is enough, usually they kick them out theirselves.
Try to push middle pairs, when you hit the board, push their bets with min.raise and dominate them postflop!
Play with value bets and be aware of straight draws and flush draws because they will try to bluff you again!

>cheeers and gl @table!

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Follow the maths

In freerolls and low buy-in tournaments it is happening every minute
But in last month I lose many time, when somebody is all in, I call, and he have A8, I have AK, but flop shows 8 and there is no K or something, and I lose.

It's just maths dude. Heads up, AKo crushes A8o.
Don't worry too much about the variance of luck (and resulting losses) when the odds are this much in your favour. This is essentially printing money. You will often lose. But over time, this will balance out in your favour.

Multiway is another matter. Do be careful calling a shove in a multiway pot.

See the comparison between AKo vs A8o in the attached image I grabbed from Card Fight.
(I'd have posted link, but the site isn't secure so I don't really want to direct you there.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

Attachments

• AKoVsA8o.JPG
    AKoVsA8o.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the blind, I very rarely nerg all in before the flop, it seems to me that you would not be patient with this type of poker if you go all in before the flop.

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop it is better on AA or KK and with others it is not necessary. the risk is even greater that the flop will hit

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the more game I surprise myself

I think part of the reason why you see this so often in the lower stake tournaments is because often times players will call an all in with hands much worse then Ax
true the more I play poker I am surprised with all in because the guys shove everything A2 KKK some all in with 7 and 2 I don’t understand more every time I play these tournaments I am surprised

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admit the principle that there are no bad cards before the flop, I've seen quite a lot of AAs with 2 3 hands. anything can be enough to watch the flip games that I really like.