All In Pre Flop

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just maths dude. Heads up, AKo crushes A8o.
Don't worry too much about the variance of luck (and resulting losses) when the odds are this much in your favour. This is essentially printing money. You will often lose. But over time, this will balance out in your favour.

Multiway is another matter. Do be careful calling a shove in a multiway pot.

See the comparison between AKo vs A8o in the attached image I grabbed from Card Fight.
(I'd have posted link, but the site isn't secure so I don't really want to direct you there.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY
really AK is in front of many games but I already lose countless times with AK plus AK is a big question I can't see an A type A7 A6 which for me A7 AND A6 are the lowest AX in poker after the other A2 A3 A4 and A5 we have a probability of taking a straight

I admit the principle that there are no bad cards before the flop, I've seen quite a lot of AAs with 2 3 hands. anything can be enough to watch the flip games that I really like.
I like to see the flop with any card as long as I follow the blinds in case someone raises it is not worth risking weak hands to see the flop

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Shawniboy786

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont do it!

Its not worth it. pokerstars gives every 1 good hands for high action. So if u get AQ sum1 has AK u have Ak buddy gonna get trip 2s. Happens every time. I can post my hand history from poker stars. In a span of 40 hands i lost going into the river with over a 90percent chances 3 times in a row. All in preflop. Dont go all in until u see the river. Cuz pokerstars loves to pull ur pants down.

S

Shawniboy786

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Handicapp

true the more I play poker I am surprised with all in because the guys shove everything A2 KKK some all in with 7 and 2 I don’t understand more every time I play these tournaments I am surprised

Its cuz pokerstars aint actually "random" its handicapped towards players thats lost money. Check it out. Ur next bad beat thats seems impossible. Like buddy gets 4 runners to beat u on the river. Look at his stats. Beat u anything he lost more then he won.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having the hands of monsters on your hands, you can certainly go to allin, but in some cases it does not hurt to play through 3 bets and sometimes through a call

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In tournaments, in my opinion if short stack of course premium hand I go all in ,I dont want to trap a fish because I might be pulling a shark :)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

I particularly think that playing allin preflop with a deep stack and low blinds is nonsense and increases the variance.
Obviously it is very common in freeroll tournaments (except those of my dear Cardschat, which have a higher level of poker).
I think it is better to play postflop against bad players, since going allin preflop we only increase the incidence of luck, whatever hand we have.

Thank you for being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always want to play the hand even though I have AA, and I always get more profit playing the hand

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pre flop

i always 3 bet under the gun because when i go all in it gets beat but alot of time the hj goes all in with an ace at which time i call.:)

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many others have already mentioned: you must capitalize on the bad players. I love bad players because they fund my “I’m-stuck-indoors-during-this-pandemic-poker-account”.

Sidebar: It’s also advised to open shove with those hands when you’re short stack, especially when it’s just the battle of the blinds ;)

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have good cards I give all in no matter.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree with going all in preflop unless your chipstack is small. However, if a player goes all in and I have AA or KK then I might consider it.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!

I see it all the time! :deal:

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I don't understand some players who start the game with A2, A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 with these cards already going all-in thinking that A is the only card that will come out on the table and always having the chance that it will happen to really win , players are so excited about A when he takes it in his hand that he doesn't give up, even if his opponent has a royal. I think they should study more poker before starting a table by pushing all in ....

I think that if you follow a strategy and go there preflop it is because your chips are approximately close to 10 blinds, there in my case, it is when I hear with all my chips preflop. Now allin preflop at the beginning of a tournament, you have to know what goes through the head of these poker players.:joyman:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes I don't understand some players who start the game with A2, A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 with these cards already going all-in thinking that A is the only card that will come out on the table and always having the chance that it will happen to really win , players are so excited about A when he takes it in his hand that he doesn't give up, even if his opponent has a royal. I think they should study more poker before starting a table by pushing all in ....

Question for you... Don't you want them to do this? Why would we want them to study and get better at the game? Studying would be good for them.. yes.... but it'd be bad for us (you).
Personally I would love to see them continue playing poorly.

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pre-flop alin only with a very high card for example aa kk qq jj depending on the position a TT

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This strategy is suitable for certain types of tournaments. So all options are acceptable. You just need to use them correctly.:)

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Sometimes Play that card also all in the most when i have more chips and i Play KO mtt :)
Ale zwykle all in przed flopem to zawsze hazard. Na mikro stawkach robi to wiele osób.

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to be careful on the preflop, because even if you follow a well-developed strategy playing against fish on the flop, you can lose everything with AA

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is indeed somewhat crazy but if you're patient you can collect all their chips. I've seen this tactic done several times on the very first hand of the tournament.

:bird:

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK so first hand your dealt is AA and some fish has shoved all in there's no way your going to fold. Then the fish turns over rag rag and hits a run happens all the time.

xurek

xurek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that plays for all win pre-flop, only with 20bb less.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you SLOW PLAY those poket AA you get out drawn......This is totally dependent on the game, when in the game, and how you play the 2 cards.

Players do go all in pre flop it's just "part of the game". Thank you for listening....

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Too many things to consider. If you are playing cash game or tournament, how many chips do you have, how many chips the others have, if you have played aggressively until now , what is your position ,if anybody else made a raise before, how unlucky do you feel , if you are satisfied only by earning the blinds , what cards do you have and maybe few more. Believe me I can write a book about pre flop all in

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A plus low cards

I see this all the time But I also see K j all ins preflop. I see this as a coin toss and I always fold ace and low card instead of calling. I then see they went in with very dangerous hand and win. very frustrating.

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Often weak players do this, I call them fish, they need to be marked and caught in their nets