Chips
AK though, never win with pockets less than 77

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm taking AK vs 22 all day long. AK is always going to play better against the expected range of the opponent than 22.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if all table or half of table goes all in for me its more confidence will be with 22, because it's big possibility that many of players have A and it wont come on table and I'm playing against one player it's better AK

AntA_KO_v

AntA_KO_v

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will choose AK in any case, since this is one of my favorite starting hand =) besides, according to my statistics with pocket deuces, I lose 80 percent of the time

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AK

Good evening everyone.
I prefer to play with AK.
AK is a profitable hand, but in poker stars this hand usually causes problems, playing cash game in poker stars, I went all in against a villain who called 96o vs AKs, villain with 30bb, and lost.
I play on other sites and when I get AK, I won a lot more than the poker stars site is Bad Bet all the time.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
AK all the way!! Pocket pair weak against everything!

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I struggle to believe 22 is a better hand than AK. Board has two pair, AK wins. I suspect 22 so much I won't play the hand. No matter what there will be a higher card on the flop. 2s mean you have the low end of a straight. Lowest end on a flush.

There is just so much to dodge to beat AK consistently. You gotta hit on the hand or the board immediately is filled with bluff potential while holding AK that leaves calling 22 with so difficult to do as just a pair of twos after the flop.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AK, I don't want to be dominated by a higher pair. Also probably should mention that I'm biased now, because lost in NL5 cash game yesterday with 22, even set on a flop wasn't enough to win.

C

CaioCesarGoes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ak... aways, i now that vilain is winning for a minimum diference but i have in mind that AK win most of times...

fredastar777

fredastar777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion 22 is better hand than AK if all in goes more than 2 oponents, because its high chance they have a or k i pokets and table possible rivers without a or k on it...

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is a clear choice. Since you re talking about picking what you want to have, AK or 22, that doesnt mean opponent has to have the other cards that you didnt pick. So you re much better with AK. Now lets address what you re really saying but framed it badly, you having an AK againts 22 or 22 against AK. Its almost complete luck. Now there can be some things that can change that. If you re both shorter stacks and everybody else folds that might mean that nobody had an ace or a king in their hand which improves odds of getting them post flop and same with somebody probably having a 2 or lower cards that remove possibility of getting a straight if opponent gets an ace or a king. So i would personally pick AK just because there is a higher chance in instances like getting a different 2 pairs on the board, you re better, getting a flush, you re better, getting a straight and there is still that one ace or a king that makes you almost an instant winner cause the possibility of him getting one out of two 2 in the deck is slim and maybe even one was in somebody elses hand. So either way im picking AK even though its a slight dog against a pocket pair mathematically. I understand that every instances that i mentioned is included in the mathematicall odds of getting a win but would still pick AK.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ducks rule. Always all in with them :D

Meh, i just play them if i get pot with blind and see if i get lucky with set or straight. If not, i just ditch them.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What hand gives you more confidence when it comes to an all in? If you could choose between AK off suit and 22 ... After having been on both sides many but many times, I have seen statistics and the odds laugh in my face several times. What is your choice between these two and why?:)

22 is a slight favorite against AK so in the long term, you should win more money with 22. However, in a single hand, I actually prefer AKo because even though it is a slight underdog, there are many ways that it can improve to beat 22 when you add in the straights 4 card flushes and counterfeit hands that AK can win with.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely AK. Problem with low pairs is AK or AQ plays similar to high pairs too, so while good odds in theory, in practice it's hard to discern whether you're ahead (as low pairs get crushed by pairs above them).

malitoxdk16

malitoxdk16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
more likely to win with AK .... you not only link a high pair but you can also link ladder

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. How many people started the hand?
Nine give me AK.
Two give me 22

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a heads up situation I would always prefer to have 22 if the other player has AK. 22 against AK means you are winning and they are hoping to hit. But preflop with players still to act I would feel much more comfortable with AK. Both hands are pretty close to even on the odds to win preflop though. So it's practically a coin toss.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would take A/K every day of the week - even if I knew the opponent held any pocket pair 77 or below. Seems that hand is about 50/50 for me, maybe 60/40 - but often people get the run out they need and it disappoints. However I can remember winning hands consistently with A/K every day - 22 on the other hand - I can barely remember last time I won a pot with that hand - it was a week from last Sunday - and I hit a set on the flop after calling a 3x preflop raise from LP. facing only two opponents.

The situation has to be correct to even continue with 22 - as mentioned above.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Considering the fact that I will fold 22 more often than AK I'm going to have to say I prefer AK in an all in situation. When you have 22 you know that at best your in a race against two over cards.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally depends on the circumstances. Generally AK rules over 22 in my opinion. Read the table & the room.