balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I hate 22 and I love AK . All-in only with AK , 22 I try to see a cheap flop with to hit a set.

R

recoveryagent

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK for me if i lose then i know i had a good all in hand 22 can get sucked out on by anything above it.

FullStrength

FullStrength

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I couldn't tell you the amount of times I fold pocket 2's through 5's when in late position even and it's only the BB call. As soon as you see the flop and don't hit a set, you must fold to any bet.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rather go all in with AK because they are the highest cards, makes me feel more secure. Now with the deuces I preferer to play those secretly and quietly, hoping to hit the trips. Most of the time no one expects the trip low cards. :O)

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a premium hand. Then she is the best choice!

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
After reading through the thread, I think the majority here agrees on AK..

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely, I hate 2-2, the only pocket pair I don't like lol...I def prefer AK especially AKs, no contest there.

S

snaiper82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, an interesting question ! it happens that the pocket wins from AK in most cases I think that on AK you can win from a smaller kicker AJ I leave the advantage to pairs 22 because the finished pair can also increase but I prefer to watch the flop

Last edited:
F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ak would be my choice. You got about 1 in 8 chance of hitting that third 2 on the flip.

B

Brafield

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ak - 22 is nearly unplayable against more than 1.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely choose AK because this hand is like an AK-47 rifle - it shoots a lot but it is not known whether it will hit :D

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ak definetly a better hand but you still have to pick your spots acording to the table you are playing in.dont like to bet it heavy if im in a what i call a bingo game. no hand is safe if lots of players call you.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Especially from an early position I would rather AK. With 22 with a whole table left to act too much chance of being called by an over-pair which the AK is in good stead against. You may even be dominating a caller. Whereas the 22 your in extremely bad shape against an over pair and against any two overs just marginally ahead.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hand gives you more confidence when it comes to an all in? If you could choose between AK off suit and 22 ... After having been on both sides many but many times, I have seen statistics and the odds laugh in my face several times. What is your choice between these two and why?:)
ak no doubt you have 6 chances . with 22 you have 2 chances at catching another 2 plus if two pair come on board. your 22 is worthless

Last edited:
Refinado Tom

Refinado Tom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the circumstances, the level of blinds, whether it is a push or just a call, and the feeling of one at that time
:icon_geek

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the circumstances, the level of blinds, whether it is a push or just a call, and the feeling of one at that time
:icon_geek
i agree. sometimes you gotta play a gut feeling and whether you can limp in for the flop, then get the heck out of dodge.

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is very relative and how to choose to win or hope to hit with a very strong hand, I prefer to leave it to chance and play according to the hand that comes

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like everything in poker it depends on the situation, personally I'd rather avoid flips.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pcoket pairs

pocket pairs are very strong and have advantage preflop however the low pocket pairs are risky to go all in with especially if you dont know if your only against one player

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course aces are the favorite but I like pocket 5s too. Any of em really.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
still AK, unless I'm feeling reaaaaaaaaaaal lucky =D

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play AK, I don't like to play low pairs.

Hoyt88Slayer

Hoyt88Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both ok

It’s nice to get to see a flop with any low pair, that being said it’s nice to push ak preflop to get those little pairs outta there.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKs vs 22 is a coin flip but I would choose AKs it has a lot of playability postflop and I could make pocket 2 fold especially when I'm in position.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always a difficult decision and in the end, if I have AK, it always turns out that I am guided by emotions. I would hardly ever go all-in with 22