Chips
ak for sure, it seems that the over cards hit more than they should

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I win more with AK more than 22, although playing 22 slow and getting people to donate works better than it does with AK. 22 is the better hand but I have more overall chances with AK inluding being 1 card closer to a straight. So yeah AK all day long.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
I prefer AK off before 2-2, even knowing that 2-2 is a favorite. Why ? I don't know, but in allin or fold situations I always prefer AK off. I still have a hard time considering a low pair as a strong hand.
Greetings.

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK feels so much better before the cards are flipped over but, odds aside, I always feel so much better with the made hand and hoping against cards coming then hoping for them.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK would be the better option to jam. I would also say they're about equal and both have there spots to jam correctly.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ak is always a favorite because it's a monster. Deuces are not bad either because it's a pair of course. They both can get you in trouble as much as pocket kings can.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I would have to choose between AK and 22, I would choose AK more likely to win, but it also influences the context you are in, it will depend a lot on that, luck and thanks.

Ecolando

Ecolando

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely AK. Preflop it wins 64.4% against a random hand. 2 2 is only 49.6% against a random.

T

Tystick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop you would say pocket 22 but I wouldn't go all in ever with that pair..unpick ak almost ever time!

K

kalelisback

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hand gives you more confidence when it comes to an all in? If you could choose between AK off suit and 22 ... After having been on both sides many but many times, I have seen statistics and the odds laugh in my face several times. What is your choice between these two and why?:)

I'm glad I came across this , i was about to pose the same question, glad I check before getting bashed for creating multiple threads by veteran CC member :)

AK is preflop anyday over 22 for me pre-flop for me. 22 is just the saddest looking hole cards for me for some reason :)

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol... 22...
Really? All-In?
OK... When you have 6 BB left in a tourney and the small blind plays a min raise...
If you think about taking 22 rather than AK then you are playing bingo not poker.
BEcause what kind of hand would have shoved before you or will call your shove?
With 22 you are a very slight favorite against 2overcards...
But against suited connectors you are already the slight underdog.
And you are in very bad shape against any pocket pair...

22 is a slight favorite against AK so in the long term, you should win more money with 22. However, in a single hand, I actually prefer AKo because even though it is a slight underdog, there are many ways that it can improve to beat 22 when you add in the straights 4 card flushes and counterfeit hands that AK can win with.

Have you considered that these ways to improve have already been added into the calculation that showed that 22 is the slight favorite? Why do you prefer losing 2% in the long run over winning 2% ?

Last edited:
M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I prefer AK . If the hand becomes multi player I feel it too easy for somebody to beat 22 . If you can be sure you are heads up then I think it doesn't matter .

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AKo for sure preflop .. and all in
I am terrible at playing small pairs

C

Chachaboy1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love 22 to sneak in cheap and see flop. I would prefer 22 100% Pocket 2s can see flop cheap and can stack AK more easily than AK Can stack 22.
Flop is A 2 8. AK is most always gonna give away their chips. If 22 see flop. A48 come and 22 can fold with respect and next hand can always play.

C

Chachaboy1975

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol... 22...
Really? All-In?
OK... When you have 6 BB left in a tourney and the small blind plays a min raise...
If you think about taking 22 rather than AK then you are playing bingo not poker.
BEcause what kind of hand would have shoved before you or will call your shove?
With 22 you are a very slight favorite against 2overcards...
But against suited connectors you are already the slight underdog.
And you are in very bad shape against any pocket pair...

Have you considered that these ways to improve have already been added into the calculation that showed that 22 is the slight favorite? Why do you prefer losing 2% in the long run over winning 2% ?

Haha truth be told

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I would agree with most of you guys. Even though 22 starts favorite against AK, it doesn't stand a big chance, and the worse is when AK doesn't even hit, just a paired board and you are counterfeited.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What hand gives you more confidence when it comes to an all in? If you could choose between AK off suit and 22 ... After having been on both sides many but many times, I have seen statistics and the odds laugh in my face several times. What is your choice between these two and why?:)

AK

even tho headsup AK is an underdog vs 22, when you look at the range of hands you will usually be all in again AK crushes way more of them (AQ, AJ, KQ) than 22 does

22 is dominated by all the pairs and a dog against the big suited connectors as well!

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you were on the button with no other callers and you knew 100% he did not have a pair AND not suited? Have to go with the odds, 22.