AK or pocket 2

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely I’ll choose a pair, this is a ready-made hand, hoping for luck is somehow not a hunt

Loky13

Loky13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if you have bigger chances with 22,most of the time a damn A or K would hit the board and you would lose,at least that's how it's always been in my experience.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that this is a coin game in this case
but AK’s hand is more confident for me in such a situation
6 outs against 4

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I choose an AK without a doubt, it is a very low pair 22 too low

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
a pair of deuces is not a good hand to go all-in !!! with a high degree of probability, if your opponent goes all-in, then he has in his hands clearly a pair older than two and this is 20 <80 or 50/50 practically against any two cards !!! With AK, you will no longer have 20 <80 since this is approximately 50/50 against any pair, up to kings !!!

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I prefer AK . If the hand becomes multi player I feel it too easy for somebody to beat 22 . If you can be sure you are heads up then I think it doesn't matter .

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me AK is much better than 22 because AK has 50% to win against such strong hands as QQ JJ TT and 31% against KK.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
iprefer AK because a lot of people call whit an A but with low kicker.

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it just depends on where I am stack wise versus my opponent. If I have them covered then I feel more comfortable with AK because of the security of having potential over cards to a dealt pair or if they paired the board. Villain's stack would have to be much smaller than mine in order to justify a preflop call with deuces. Sure, deuces would be a favorite vs. AKo by a few percentage points but they're pretty even versus AKs and dominated by any other pair. gambling a majority of my stack on coin toss preflop seems like a pretty senseless gamble with deuces. If I'm short stacked then I'm just as comfortable with either.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would give up on all-in with small pocket pairs. I would prefer to go all-in with a pocket card AK.

RasterGFX

RasterGFX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What hand gives you more confidence when it comes to an all in? If you could choose between AK off suit and 22 ... After having been on both sides many but many times, I have seen statistics and the odds laugh in my face several times. What is your choice between these two and why?:)

I personally hate going all-in unless I'm highly confident of the outcome. If I was forced (due to being close to blinding out) I would go all in on either of these 2 hands. I went all-in once in "live tourney" with 66 and beat AK suited (which won me the tourney) so, I know a pair can easily take these kinds of hands (in real or online). So yeah, basically either/or for me and of course then I would cross my fingers. :)

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK the other is a very low one, I think he has a better chance of winning AK

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ak not only will A or K win it but if board double pairs 2s are dead. Anything that hits the board is bigger then a 2. The only way im pushing 22 is if the blinds will put me in next hand. You can only hope to hit a set otherwise they are dead, throw that trash away!!

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
22 is favorite but I prefer to go with AK all in. If the opponent has 22 we have a coin flip and often we dominate ourselves against AQ and AJ.

But if I go all-in with 22 and my opponent calls with 33+, we only have a 20% chance of winning. With a coinflip, however, it is 48%.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer all-in with AK of the same color because it's a hand that offers you a better chance of touching your flop if I have a good stack. I never call all-in with 22 because it is a hand too weak.

facolete

facolete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I preffer AK, but you can easly lose against 22 (mayble a littble bit tilting tho xD)

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer AK.
When you go all in with pocket 2, probably you have the worst hand because all pairs dominate you and other hands has a coin flip so until when you have the best hand your oponent has a godd chance to win.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely AK. You need to consider the range of hands calling your all-in. They consist of pocket pairs and big broadway cards. AK dominates all of the broadway hands except QJ and it's a flip against all pairs up to QQ. It's only way behind AA/KK. On the other hand, 22 is flipping or way behind every calling hand.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is clear that in the tournament, AKs look preferable to pair 22. It all depends on the size of the player stacks and what is the situation at the table. In the cash game of fast poker, AK often loses 22 and therefore no-one with all-in AK goes preflop all-in.)):sheep::alien::eek:

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would prefer an AK card. Pair 22 loses a lot. When I get card 22 I don’t raise or allin.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
22 because making a pair in holdem is hard. I don't go folding pairs.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If cards were on their back, I'd want 22 every time, but if we're talking in a real game scenario, AK.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer AKs because in many flops connect very well, and have many chances to win on the turn or river.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your shoving all in AK also has increased fold equity with blockers that it benefits from. Id rather be calling off with AK rather than 22 personally as well as other have said 22 is always the under pair so AK benefits from crusing hands like AQ AJ and having better equity vs under pairs.