Would you fold KK ?

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold I'll say. Maybe at the bubble in a big big tournament.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I almost never fold in a tournament unless it is a satellite and I'm near to certain to get in the money even if I fold the rest of the time.

In cash games it is totally player dependent. I play with some very tight players that have AA here 99% of the time, so sometimes it is an easy fold.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I would almost never fold here, especially if it is a free tourney.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually fold a couple of kings.Hoping another king will come.And you can lose to any pair if it is on hand and this card is on the table.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think he might had aces! Anyway, I would avoid to go all in preflop. Why to put my whole stack in danger? AA, KK, QQ e.t.c. are just couples. There are much stronger hands from a couple or two couples!

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call anything with KK:0) I don't like to, rather throw half until I see a flop with no As, Then I am all in:0)

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same as most people on here I think the all in from Villan is to frighten anyone with a low pair I would say they are holding an Ace and any card probably suited. I would call all in with KK everyone before the flop the odds of being against AA is huge but does happen. If you fold KK everyone someone goes all in against you you end up losing the value this hand gives you about 61% equity against 2 players playing a 12% starting range

Tmoney999

Tmoney999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NLH 15/30. Dealt to Hero: KK. SB raised to 120. Hero 3bet 480 on HJ(REM. Stack: 2030). SB 4bet 2520. BB calls. Action back to you. WHAT IS YOUR PLAY?

Never folding KK here, you got what you wanted preflop. You wanted big action with your KK, now your just second guessing yourself, if SB has AA so be it. It feels as if the small blind has a hand like QQ, maybe AK, I would lean towards QQ trying to isolate with you. The big blind on the other hand could have the AK or JJ possibly 1010. BB has to have a very playable hand with you to act behind him, I would be more afraid of this hand than the SB, which could have any pair 88- QQ, in which you are a crushing favorite. Then there is now the BB to worry about which I believe could have a big ace AK or AQ suited just wanting to see a flop. It can sometimes feel like a bad spot, but you have to put all your chips in and run the board out here. Hope for no aces or someone to spike there set on you, But you got what you want with a preflop monster like KK, an all in moment, it's just to bad you have a hitch hiker in the BB and it's not heads up. What was the result? and what did the opponents end up holding preflop?:confused::confused:

RasterGFX

RasterGFX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NLH 15/30. Dealt to Hero: KK. SB raised to 120. Hero 3bet 480 on HJ(REM. Stack: 2030). SB 4bet 2520. BB calls. Action back to you. WHAT IS YOUR PLAY?

I'm assuming you (Hero) checked 1st, so then I wouldn't have 3bet the SB raise to 120 after which the BB would have called. I would have seen flop with a smooth call. Then see how the SB and BB play the Flop (and if I've improved...)

Yeah.... :)
Good Luck!

Last edited:
Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a treacherous hand, it would depend on how the villain was playing, but against a random villain I would go all in! In the worst case, would have 18% preflop. GL

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

The only way I would fold that is if the tournament was on the bubble, and even then I'd probably just run my time and call at the last second.. crossing my fingers ;)

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I have ever folded KK preflop. Lots of times after but never before.

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold KK the same way as AA - in the very beginning of a big tournament and if i am close to the money in a tournament where itm pay out a ticket.

KK even higher degree but exact same argument

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With KK, I almost always go all-in, but then lose!

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it were the beginning of the tournament I would release an all-in, if the itm already or near the bubble and with a comfortable stack only pay

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The KK play depends on externalities..

1. Is it a cash game, or a tourney? Cash game, with a player I've had a read on, I would shove, if villain is a steady, TAG who isn't insane player.

2. If tourney, how big is your stack, how much behind, after the KK play? If mid tourney, with decent amount behind, that is a KK shove.
3. What is your position? Are you leading, or the last to act? That is important. If leading, shoving KK, many will fold, lessening your win.

Just my thoughts, others have great advice as well.

juliannorei

juliannorei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already fold with AA, KK surely also fold

G

Guernica1974

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With KK, I almost always go all-in, but then lose!

KK - actually really bad strategy going all in preflop in any circumstances! they are in general a money maker if played passive or semi - aggressive but never all-in preflop.

but ok other may disagree

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, option like fold not avilable here. If really not sure, call and push if no aces on the flop, plus always we have the chance for tripse.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Holding KK I will surely raise pre flop.

Having raised if someone re-raises then I will surely shove all in.

Most times KK will hold.

Even if someone pushes all in before me I wall surely call.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK - actually really bad strategy going all in preflop in any circumstances! they are in general a money maker if played passive or semi - aggressive but never all-in preflop.

but ok other may disagree

:D I agree with you! But I can’t reset KK! Very beautiful Kings!:D

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're trying to play with implied odds, you call preflop and see what the flop is. This way if you see an AQ or J flop you can put out a feeler bet to see what they do or check to induce action to see what they do.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless I had a strong read that I was definitely against an AA, I would move in here.

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It really depends on my senses at the moment. If I'm feeling lucky, I go AI with reckless abandon. If my gut tells me to be reserved, I'm ready to check it down or fold.

Poker makes more sense to me when I stop looking at the objective cards in a hand history like this and live in the moment on the table. There are simply so many parameters that influence a decision and this only reveals its mathematical component. For example, we need to know how the opponent's play style is, your stack size, how the game has been playing out leading up to this moment, etc.

I can't see any ideal move in this situation as it is presented because you'll only truly know when you make your move (by considering the above parameters and others OR just going with your gut) and reap the rewards or cry yourself to sleep.

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for posting.

I would like to help you with your format of this question as it was slightly confusing to me.

Blinds are 15/30 in a tournament or cash game? Online? Live?

Hero is in the HJ and limps for 30? KK

SB raises to 120

BB calls 120

Hero 3 bets to 480 total or 480 more thus 510 of hero's stack in the pot?

SB 4 bets to 2520

BB calls 2520? or less? Are you getting 3-1 on your call?

Pot is 5500? 1520 for you to call. 3.5 -1 pot odds.

My answer:

So the question is what range of hands would SB make this play with.

We know for sure all players will do this with AA KK: Some with AK.

Would this villain play QQ JJ AQ this way? What about 1010 99 88 or 98 suited?

Does this villain expect to get called or expecting to get folds?

Have you been taking notes on this villain?
Is villain TAG NIT LAG-Loose wild?

How have you been playing? Are you loose wild? What hands do you think this villain puts you on when you limp 3 bet? Does this villain put you on hands?

Is this an isolation attempt by SB to knock out BB and get it heads up with You who SB perceives as playing too wide a range. IE you limp 3 bet 99 88?

Hope this helps

:):)
as the other person stated he prob doesn't have AA a depends on the tourney you are in and are you willing to go out i would but i am a gambler and am wiling to fe rthe thrill

Folding in Poker