Would you fold KK ?

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think that I could manage to fold KK in such a situation. Perhaps this is my weakness.

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if you're not happy about it, in this spot you simply have to call. There's 1 possible hand your opponent could have that crushes you, but every other hand you're way out in front. KK you have to go with pretty much always and if you happen to run into AA you have to just accept defeat and take the cooler. Might not be happy about it but you just have to go with KK preflop pretty much all the time

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're the hero with Kings 3betting to 480 and the action goes as described with stack to pot ratio I can't ever see folding. You get these big hands praying for action like this in these spots. If you're against Aces, so be it, that's what bankroll management is for right? No matter what hand you're against you still have outs and equity. I don't see myself ever folding, Run The Cards.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shoving for 2 reasons.
1. When he folds you win a healthy pot without even running the hand.
2. When he calls you're 80% favourite against any other pair and 20% underdog against AA - then it's 70% in your favor against any other ace like AK AQ AJ etc

Another thing that can help you with your decision is if you have any info on how this guy plays you can make a better assumption on whether or not he has the aces. For example if he 3bets very light it's a pretty easy shove. If he is very conservative then you can call and see a flop. And who knows you might make him fold AA later on in the hand. (If he is that conservative)

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends yes i have before but i was in a free league we play for points alot different then from money

A

Ac156519

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you fold KK?

Would I fold KK? It depends on My position and stack size to my opponent. If I have my opponent covered by 3:1 chip stack and have position on him I will shove on my opponent. On the other hand, if my opponent has me covered and has position on me, I would fold my KK.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would I fold KK? It depends on My position and stack size to my opponent. If I have my opponent covered by 3:1 chip stack and have position on him I will shove on my opponent. On the other hand, if my opponent has me covered and has position on me, I would fold my KK.

While stack size and position are important, I feel like this is an EV negative play in the long run. You're only an underdog to aces—which are dealt only 0.45% of the time. If you're short stacked, it seems like you should be playing more aggressively so your opponents don't bleed you dry.

Also, hey. I see you in tourneys sometimes and you seem to play well. Good luck!:D

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any time I get dealt Kings, I don't want to mess around. Time to shove.

T

tigana071

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NLH 15/30. Dealt to Hero: KK. SB raised to 120. Hero 3bet 480 on HJ(REM. Stack: 2030). SB 4bet 2520. BB calls. Action back to you. WHAT IS YOUR PLAY?
100% I will all in

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA E KK these hands I don't see the need to fold, shove and pray

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on aggression of my opponent, so honestly I would fold cause I had some cases of unlucks with KK in my past.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do it if they are KK or AA I do it without thinking and 90% always comes out well and I win a lot of chips but likewise a bad beat can knock me down hahahaha it is variance I always said it

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On that situation I call ! KK is very strong. If you faced AA too bad. It s very low chance to happen that.
Cheers,
M.D.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i think I would be happy he built the pot so nicely for me and call for sure

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There's only a few spots where I would consider folding such as the person your playing is a mega nit and/or it's the wsop main event bubble or something like that, otherwise you should be happy about getting it in...

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely, it's very difficult ... But if I'm sure the other player has AA ???
Still it's difficult ...
Always talking about playing allin preflop obviously, it could depend a lot on the moment in the tournament and the statistics of the villain-

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if there is an A at the flop yes...
Normaly keep pushing and winning

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, i would never fold them as starting cards. Perhaps if there is an A on the board, i may fold in certain situations.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold a KK, starting because your probability of winning is super high, ending because simply NO, you don't fold a KK lol.

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can definitely go all-in with pocket Kings Pre-flop.

Note : If a tighter player in table goes all-in before you. You might fold pocket Kings because he can have pocket Aces.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will go all-in preflop with KK but I will not call with As on flop

Folding in Poker