Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would almost never fold kings pre flop with the exception of on the money bubble

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only on the money bubble and it is going to be a multi way pot and I could be eliminated

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I have never folded this hand since the AA encounter is very small and the worst hands will pay for all we lost, so this game is profitable!

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already ran, when I was on the bubble and with a smaller stack than the villain. But as a rule you have to go all-in.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on the situation I find myself in. For example, if I have a respectable stack, we are about to break the bubble and my opponent goes all in with the probability of leaving me eliminated, I think that I would not think twice to fold, otherwise, I have a small stack, they are about to eliminate me and my opponent goes all in, I don't think twice about calling. Regards.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KK

Nah I will definitely have to eat those and believe me I have, just can't fold them. But If I have a decent stack and getting close to the money, I think about it for about a second.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, I have never folded this hand as the AA matchup is so small and the worst hands will pay everything we lost, so this game is profitable!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't fold in cash games, I fold in the late stages of tournaments...

Draculator

Draculator

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
never. not even in tournaments.
only if an ace came in flop

pandafreeroll

pandafreeroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only concur with everybody saying: no, unless, it's a 3-4-bet pot right ahead of the bubble. But I would sometimes fold KK at a final table against a very tight player that has me covered if the alternative is shoving and there are at least several significantly shorter stacks around that are likely to get busted before I do and get me a ladder up

G

Genep66

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold pocket kings. Not sure why anyone would.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No never… i dont know the odds bit for me its been high!😆

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
close to itm ofc i do, depends on my stack size ofc

P

PrinceOfPersiaa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its not exactly a black or white type of answer. Yes, I have folded Kings before both in cash and tournaments before. Was it a good fold overall in long period of time? ABSOLUTELY NOT! but was I correct for folding Kings? also yes!
The crazy thing about poker is, there is never a right or wrong or black and white answer for every situation.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a cash game, I'm never folding KK preflop (I did it once because I was convinced a complete nit must have AA. Someone else called, and they both had QQ...)

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won't fold it, 2nd better hand, mean that there are just 6 other combos that beat me. The only time I'd fold them is when villain is sooo tight, that it's obvious an AA. If he has something like 10% vpip and 1 to 5 pfr, well I'll fold to an all in. You will get a lot of AK QQ JJ even TT in those ranges, that it's valuable to go for it.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
satellite to the super tournament - before me 2 chips go to the bubble in the Olin - of course pass!

Prince Mantis

Prince Mantis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I fold KK. When we face 4th raise preflop it is always AA. In my opinion if player has stats someting like 20/1/1 and he shoves to my 3bet i fold KK for these type of players do not press 4bet button often.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to say no. It is just too strong a hand.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pre flop there is no way I`m folding Kings, there is only one hand that could beat you that is AA, if the opponent has AA is GG but pre flop is hard to just fold it...

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble is the only reason for me to fold KK's, and I've done it few times.
Otherwise I see no reason to fold it preflop, that would be just bad gaming imo. :)

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ive done it twice. Both times the guy showed aces.. but it was still hard even tho i knew he had AA

Folding in Poker