Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

HarzZocker1988

HarzZocker1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
�� Never folding Kings prefop in a cash game.��

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pair of Kings

pair of kings, I would fold if a player before me went all-in

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
life goes on, opportunities don't always come

I would never leave a pair of these in my hands:jd4:

N

Notsoyoungrich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If it’s a critical juncture in a tournament and you’re going to get knocked out then yes. It all depends on the situation. But that’s just my opinion. Too easy to get beat out by pocket aces or trips

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have folded KK several times preflop and was actually very proud of myself as I would have run into Aces. I've also come across aces countless times, but sometimes if I get a 4 or 5 bet, I consider it. Of course, there are tournament situations as well, but retiring is an extreme situation and deserves your full attention before doing so.

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot on each game situation, at the table. I believe that I don't have a pre-defined answer about this.
The big question is never to fall in love with a hand. Knowing how to analyze all the information.

HarzZocker1988

HarzZocker1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would usually consider folding in high buy-in.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop there is no way I would fold the second best hand possible. And there are a lot more hands, even speculative that I would only fold to an all in. However, to multiple all ins I wouldn't even fold those.

What about on the Bubble of a Satellite tournament where you are assured of winning a seat, but someone at the table has you covered and shoves pre-flop?

In satellite i folded even aa

I once folded Queens AND Kings on the Bubble of a Satellite when I had a stack comfortable enough to win the seat. Very smart to fold even Aces pre-flop in that situation, so well done to you.

Not only will I not fold KK, but I will also play with 10 10, there was a case in a tournament, I personally saw how the player folded pocket 10 10 and then very much, regretted it, as the river dropped a ten and then from this hand he was eliminated , but could have entered the final table and won at least $ 300, there was a major 10K tournament for the first place.

What about on a Satellite Bubble in the scenario I mentioned above?

I almost folded pocket kings preflop yesterday in the BetOnline platinum freeroll.

Of course we were on the bubble, 16 players left and 15 get paid. If someone who had a bigger stack than me shoved, I would have folded preflop because there were many players who had smaller stacks than me and I didn't want to make such a huge error.

Thankfully, none of the big stacks shoved, and I was able to call the shove of a very short-stacked player who pushed all in from the button, I was in the small blind and snap called. He had J7o, there was a jack on the flop and the turn was a 7, so I lost the hand. LOL.

That happens sometimes, which sucks, but you made the correct play there because they're pretty much shoving their entire range. I would have done the same.

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folded one time in cash game against so tight player on his 4bet
I am sure he had AA

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I can't do that. Lost AA many times

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The only time I folded a KK was when I was bursting the bubble and I still regret it, because if I had I would have swelled my chips.
After this happened, I will never and never give up on a KK

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's early in the game and ofc depending which type of tournament I play yes easy

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never give up, always persevere.
King pair is a 10.

Ssssssnakes

Ssssssnakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With every more player in the pot, the value of KK is reduced. I guess with 4 players preflop allin, a hand with KK will win with perhaps 30% chance.

Bottom line: Sure.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
never did it
but if i'm the bubble man and someone raises and there is a reraise, then i might fold

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
'm afraid when I have nothing, but experience is the key to business.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there would be some circumstances when I say sure

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket kings. The second strongest starting hand in no-limit Hold'em, which can still be dropped on a preflop, at least in theory. Perhaps the most difficult thing when drawing pocket kings is to let go of this hand when uncontrolled circumstances are not good for you. "Don't marry your hand" is a classic poker saying that is still relevant today.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no i would never fold kings preflop, thats a top hand ,nto good to let go

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
perhaps i can not ever fold pair of kings before the preflop because it's the seconde best hand you can get before the preflop.

Folding in Poker