Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?
generally i would fold depending on the buy value and the value of the prize and also by the amount of chips if my stack had enough chips to guarantee a prize i would not fold rather if my stack was in the middle of the players i would go allin for sure to try to double the chips

U

underhand

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if I make a large rise and if someone goes all in without hesitation , then maybe, but I usual never fold and it depends on the type of reads you are getting. but usually No

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times, but in Omaha [emoji14]

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t think that I would fold KK preflop. There are so many player who put all in with nothing. And with pocket Kings you want as much value as possible. Especially preflop because you don’t want to let somebody hit accidentally a three of a kind or two pairs without paying to see the flop. Lot‘s of hands will fold preflop if you trying to get value.

leifen

leifen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Would not fold KK preflop, second best hand and the odds are on my side

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can imagine the situation I would throw away ... but that hasn't happened yet. :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In a cash game I wouldn't fold KK most of the times, at a tournament depends from the stage. If the tournament was at later stages I would go for it, considering the study of the game.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello good evening, if I understood your question well, you're talking about raising with KK pre flop right?
If that's the case, it's more than natural to make this move, if you're talking about getting a 3-bet when you do that, in my opinion the numerous factors to make a decision to call, raise or even fold.
Good luck at the tables!

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in a satellite when I know that I have enough chips left to qualify. Or when there is the possibility of a massive pay jump.

Xambo

Xambo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I did not. Last time I had a place at BB small just before money and the chip leader goes all in with D7. Yes he kicked me out with fullhaus.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the point in doing this in Cash Games? This is a strong hand and should be played for maximum profit!

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go all in with KK. No doubt. In every kind of tournament Hold'em.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think depending how many players are shoving all in, weather i can cover the all in. If 4 or 5 people shove all in then its probably wise to get out and let them kill each other.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friend, I would never fold with a pair of KK, it is the second best possible hand if they are going to win you that is playing :D

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I would never fold KK ever.

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop never folded KK, however raising and post flop, I folded sometimes KK due to the cards.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game I'm never folding KK. In an MTT it's hard to think of a folding scenario. Entering a a pot with 2 or 3 other players who have already shoved would sometimes be a mistake but with KK I like my chances because the others will often have Aces in their hands like AK or AQ. They counterfeit each others' aces and my kings are good. If there was only one other player who had been quite tight I might think of folding if the next pay jump was significant.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never, there are so many players who push very loosely

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the last chair and all-in preflop are played by more than two players, I will fold it because sometimes someone can have AA or QQ, or AQ AK can open A and your king is not playing. I often see when someone plays with QQ the chance of a set is greater than that of the elders

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to imagine Preflop KK Fold. I did on a bubble and loss of connection. Hope many do not fold Kigs being afraid Aces).

Folding in Poker