How often do you play suited connectors?

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can watch a flop with them cheaply then you can take advantage of it

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Love em! Such a powerful weapon. When position allows I play them.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the most powerful suited connector most people will say oh AK no no no, I would say JT is the best suited connector in the deck. You can only go down cards with AK so QJT while JT you can have AKQ, KQ9 , Q98 or 987 so thats why I think JT suited is the best suited connector. I always play suited connectors in or out of position as long as I paying no more than 3BB

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play when there was not much aggression preflop and if I hit the flop, depending on the odds, I keep it because when you connect it usually win hands from opponents that were better preflop.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I always like to play two connecting cards, more if they are continuous, and there are not some between them

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play em all the time and probably shouldn't but dont care. It depends on how many people might be in the hand helps me deside if ill call or not. I like lower cards too because most only play bigger hands and dont expect you to call with low hands. Good luck.

N

Nele

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing multiway pots with suited connectors, or when i have the position ofc

polar1ze

polar1ze

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can fold aces MUCH easier than I can fold sooted connecs :eek:

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the game situation, if I’m low stacked and players on the table have been fairly tight then it’s worth trying them but otherwise I only tend to play them if I can get a free/cheap look at the flop, you can lose a lot of chips quite quickly if you keep playing suited connectors unless you get lucky and keep hitting on the flop ;)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on Position and chip-stack, and whether anyone has raised pre-flop, it also depends on which suited connectors? I would play a 7/8 of Hearts for example, but rarely play a 6/7 or less, only because when you are playing lower connectors you are usually drawing to the "dummy" end of a straight.
Also many times when you flop a flush, you need to be careful not to run into a bigger flush, I play K/10 suited quite a lot and hitting a flush on the flop will always play well until a 4th card hits and then you are losing to a bare Ace.
Remember "Fools rush in where Heroes fear to tread" I have often had to fold a King high flush knowing that the person who shoves all-in is holding the Ace on a 4 card flush board.
Sure I call if the person has a smaller stack and could be bluffing, but as I stated at the start, it all depends on Position and Stack-size?

When the fun Stops, STOP!

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main problem with conectors is that it is not a ready hand .Trying to play the connectors aggressively, many people overestimate their strength in hold'em, in Omaha the situation with the connectors ,I think, is somewhat different

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently made the switch from tournaments to cash. Have made some greats plays and had some great losses. So far after 30k hands I'm breaking even playing .10/.25 cash.

How often are you playing 65 7/8 9/10 J/10 8/10 J/9? I have been 3 betting oppenents with these hands early and late position preflop to keep them guessing. Not all the time but often.

Any advice? Thankyou!!!

After watching a lot of Daniel Negreanu and seeing how he loves playing connectors, I started doing it more too. But only if my stack is big enough to allow me some risk taking. Otherwise not so much, but I still try if I get a gut feeling depending on the table dynamics. 9 10 is one of my favourite hands to get:)

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play with some connectors only feel lucky with like 78 89 10J couple times I might chance a 23 34 but not on the reg

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do like playing suited connectors! I can’t say I play them often, depends on my position mostly.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably more often than I should, especially the 78, 89, what the opponents most of the time can put in my range. the 910 is a massive looser for me, so I try to play with that less.
Still the 78,89 are my favorite, however sometimes, if it is a multipot the 45,56 can triple my stack really easy.. Especially, works often very good, if no pairs out there, then mostly, enough a pair, as often the opponents block each others' outs... Anyway, that is the point what makes me loose with them, too, if I do not put anybody to monster pair in hand, and I flop a set or 2 pairs with them, meantime, I max have 1 out, as they have fullh or set...

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Suited cards !!!!! and now suited connectors DAMN!!!!!!! I have a hard time throwing suited cards away i would have to say i would play them 75% of the time and suited connecting cards some where around 90% of the time even though i know that hitting the flush is only like 12% and a str8 flush well is less than 8% i would guess!:eek: Now everyone will know my weakness :rolleyes:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

Riccoboni

Riccoboni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play MTT, so I prefer suited connectors in the first blinds or above 100BB. However, if I played cash I would play with them in any position.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them almost all the time, from any position, even facing one raise. Actually, you make more money in the long run than with big pairs

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Suited connectors are very interesting and I play them often. I play them when I think that they will work, according to my study of the game!

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every day probably at least every other hand. I like suited low cards the best because there good to play and i usely play every hand. I play alot more hands than i shud but its called gambling. Good luck.

N

noskilluk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely like suited cards in general so suited connectors is a pretty safe bet to play, but try not to go crazy pre-flop :)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always play the suited connectors.

Pocket pairs are enticing, but suited connectors, I play them, but not stupidly. Much more faith in AK, QK than J10, Q10, J9, and J7, or J8 for example.
Suited consecutive connectors, odds are better, but I seem to have better luck with the two hole connectors.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play quite often especially when I'm in position and especially when I have villain information!