How often do you play suited connectors?

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider suited connectors a drawing hand, so I really only play them in late position where I am late to act. It's much harder to play them profitably in early position.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am ryinmg to raise them more preflop nowadays , cause I see some opportunities to win chips , also some flips can favor the suited connectors , good to bust smaller stacks who shove to your initial bet with a suited connector , I want tolearn to play them more and better :)

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually play 9/10, 10/J, j/Q in late position...never play 4/5 or 2/3, and rarely play 9/10 or J/Q in early position...would play them more often in cash game than in tournament.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play infrequently, unless the same suits are high cards: 10-J, J-Q, Q-K and A-K. If I have a lot more chips than my opponents, I play more often, including low value cards with the same suits.

A

airwalker

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
raise when I'm in position and have a suitable stack

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play them a lot early one. Love hitting a flush on the flop

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For me, suited connectors can be played from any position, depending on which cards and the action before you, and the expected action of the players behind. In general, in early position, I will raise with some of the bigger cards, limp with medium cards, and fold the low end cards.
As more players have acted before me, I get a better idea of whether or not I should give my cards a shot at the flop.
We all have our strategies. Good luck with yours.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play sutied connectors in middle and late position and only when nobody has raised in front of me unless someone does a minraise in front of me. Then I would call because I treat minraise like limping. If I have called with suited connectors then I hope to hit a flush draw, open ended straight draw, two pairs or combo draws. If I flopped a strong draw I always play it passively with more than 2 opponents. Because with 8-11 outs you are not the favorite. With a raise you only have a positive expected value if there is also a chance that all opponents will fold. With more than 2 opponents this is unlikely. If you have a monster draw (more than 12 outs) then I play the draw aggressively. Because you have a positive expected value solely because of the outs. If I'm in late position and nobody has raised in front of me, then I raise preflop with suited connectors. It is a good idea to continue playing aggressively on the flop when you have a draw. With suited connectors you often hit draws on the flop but not finished hands. If you see a chance that all opponents will fold when you raise, then raise. if I didn't hit a draw with suited connectors, I usually fold. Unless I raised preflop, I often c-bet even though I didn't hit a draw. But here, too, I keep an eye on the flop and the number of opponents. I only c-bet when there is a chance that all of my opponents will fold. Anything else would be wasted money.

Last edited:
CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on my position, stack and my analysis of the other players. But, I usually don't play hands like 6/5 7/8 9/10 J / 10 8/10 and J / 9.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.I play the suit from time to time, all according to the circumstances.

W

wonima

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the upper I play often whwn it is not too expensive

Geksan_87

Geksan_87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the stage of the tournament and the size of the stack, in general, I play 30 percent

G

GuiFPOLIS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
suit conectors

I love to play, out of position.
when an opportunity appears, aybe once every 15 times.
in case the bets increase a lot in the first round, i give up (fold).
if I hit something on the flop I call one bet continuation.
my favorite hand is T9s

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: most of the time with numbers, and high connected cards.