How often do you play suited connectors?

G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play suit conectors in position, sometimes i called 3bet from early position.

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it would be good to play them cheaper

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited Connectors

I play them as often as i can -- if it`s cheap enough. You can lose a lot of money, very quickly, if you don`t take the price of initially playing them into account. Plus, you have to commit to throwing them away if you don`t hit.

Another good time to play them is against opponents who never switch up the range of cards they play, so you know that if you play middle to low connectors and they hit (in the absence of any higher cards, of course), you`re almost certainly ahead.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing suited connecters deep stacked with position when I am first to enter the pot. I don't understand why so many want to play multiway all the time, I guess to build a pot. But if you can get it heads up, your hand is so much better when you hit 2 pair, top pair or a draw. Multiway, these hand are dangerous and you can lose a huge pot.

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to see a flop as often as I can with suited connectors. I love those hands.

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With high suited connectors you can play well with the bank. But if they are average type 98, 76, etc. , then I want to see the flop, then you can make a calculation. Well, if a flop is a two-way street flash drive, then this is a very strong combination and it can bring a lot of chips...

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3 betting suited connectors preflop is bluffing unless you get lucky.

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Suited connectors often play at the initial stage of the tournament, I often move the aces of kings and so on, at the average level I play fewer connectors, and at the last stage I play them even less, because they do not become as strong hands as at the initial stage.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play them any time that I feel I can see a cheap flop . But you can't fall in love with them , they have a tendency to give alot of draws . If you don't flop anything and betting gets aggressive let them go.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think playing hands like J9s need a plan before the flop. It depends on the opponents and position. But you can play any two cards when the plan is good enough. I think it's a very profitable way to play poker for the few ones who really know how to do it. I'm not one of those, so I avoid to play speculative hands out of position.

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends how deep I am. J10s is only a 3 to 2 dawg to AKo. These hands have a lot of raw equity if the stacks are deep enough. They're a great way to help balance your range in certain spots.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play this pair a lot, hoping to get a better hand.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a type of hand that I always like to play, even if they are low connectors.

J

Joselo230

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really play them almost whenever I have them

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 betting suited connectors preflop is bluffing unless you get lucky.

Don't totally agree, you do have more decisions to make but what are you planning to 3 bet with?

You only going to 3 bet JJ-AA, AK? how long do you think it takes people to figure this out?

If I have a good enough hand to call a raise, it is good enough to 3 bet.

No, your not going to 3 bet every time, but against weak players who are always 2x the BB, they will see it a lot.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
almost every day i open with frequencya tres App ex american, intertops, stars at the same time, times bodog, ggpoker, american or when i want to play more i open an app with 4 tables, 5 tables at the same time:icon_sant:cool:

M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are great hands to bust the big pairs like AA and KK but at the same time you need to know the opponents at your table like the tighter players who are only raising with premium hands , I prefer to set up a tight table image for myself by only playing big hands that get shown at showdown once i have given that image of myself i will loosen up and start playing the suited connectors more frequently as my opponents will not put me on these hands , i would much prefer to get to a flop with suited connectors than have a all in pre flop coin flip with AK vs AQ for example.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love suited connectors. I play them whenever I can.

M

MarcosTv10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Muy a menudo igualo la apuesta, todo depende, si veo que elevan exageradamente dicha apuesta me retiro si mis dos cartas estan por debajo de 7

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like suited connectors! By the way, NUTs flush draw ( with ace) is Dangerous for the S.connectors! +EV when you have implied odds!

S

SweetLemonz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play suit connectors generally that are 8/9 or 9/10 and that is only if its a good price in to see the flop, Good to add a bit a varience into your hands.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when I started playing the freerolls I did it all the time, then when I realised how unlikely the odds of making a straight flush were - especially flopping a straight flush - i stopped. In fact the couple of occasions when I've folded pre-flop and found out i'd have gotten it, it hasn't even been with suited connectors! Think on one of the occasions it was 4 community cards that would have helped me

D

DDISPARO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing the flop with a bet if you see some nuts for your straight

joebenigno

joebenigno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like 3b suited connectors in position occasionally. suited one gappers (68cc) are trash imo

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those hands made me most chips in tourneys!