Is Poker Harder Than Chess?

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I don't know how to play chess I have no idea.I only play poker.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is a game of COMPLETE information. Poker is a game of INcomplete information. For this reason, I choose poker as being more difficult strategically.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In poker you will see many bad players who don't even know they are bad (in fact many of them actually think they are good... just look around this forum ;) ). In chess, it's pretty much next to impossible to fool yourself into thinking you are good when you're not.

You can suck at poker but still win in the short term... but most likely you will be losing in the longrun (or not winning much at all).
Pretty sure you can't win in chess if you suck.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chess is more difficult but poker I think can be more frustrating

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know how for other players, as soon as I learned to play poker for me it was a difficult game and I was better and more comfortable and easy to play chess, and now poker is not a difficult game for me and I play freely and for me now poker is better and easier for the game in which you can try to win money!

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and Chess both involve strategy but the difference is poker also involves luck.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comparing poker to chess is ridiculous. You can't win a chess game by pressing the all in button. You can't get a miracle queen on the river in chess.

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chess is difficult to play, but poker is not easy. I think these two games can not be compared with each other. If only from the perspective of mathematical calculation. In poker, you can play and win the bluff, and in chess unless there is a bluff.

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting answers here give.
I think chess is more difficult than poker.
Why?? Because all the participants are preparing for the chess tournament. And no one is preparing for the poker tournament. Most poker players think: "There is a bankroll, just grind it." They are not engaged in self-improvement. So poker is easier)))

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that poker is easier. In chess, the number of games played is not enough as a basis for the game, only continuous training and strategy development for each opponent's movement and remembering it.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel like this is the equivalent of asking if Michael Jordan was a great quarterback?

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Comparing this two sports is un equivalent!! But I think they have things in common.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess and poker can not be compared. In chess, everything is logical, in poker there is a huge proportion of chance and luck at a particular moment. If you take one poker tournament, then a weak player can win from a strong one; in chess it is simply unrealistic.

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no such thing like luck in chess but luck is a strong factor in poker
playing poker with a good hand is easy and its hard with bad hand
but in chess, chess is hard; need a brilliant mind...

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you are comparing apples and oranges, These two are totally different games.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have any experience in playing chess, but I think it's very demanding and hard to play, at least by what I saw and played. Poker is a bit easy in my opinion. But it is certain that poker and sah are one of the toughest sports in terms of thinking and knowledge. It is necessary to try both in one and the other.

R

Rolliman111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you win in both, both are easy. if you loose in both, both are hard to Play. but normally you don't Play Chess for Money. So the money can make more mental pressure in poker.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
You cannot compare them, chess is a mind game where you need to make your strategy really good in order to win. In poker you can win a hand without any strategies, just with pure luck :)

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think chess is more difficult game

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if they are comparable.

I do play poker and chess and I don't think you can compare them well. Poker overall is gambling to some extent, chess is not by definition, even though you can bet on a chess game.

At chess, a higher grade player will be way more favorable to win a game. At poker, I don't think it's that's so true. Of course experience and level matter, but the end you are being dealt and the show cards will influence a lot the outcome of the hand.

In chess, other than the players level, the only advantaging/disadvantaging factor is the color you play at the beginning of the game.

V

vwpokernut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play against more people at once with less information, I'd say the highest levels of poker are more difficult

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is 1000% times harder than Chess because it's more random and more complex

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In chess we see the position of the opponent. In poker - no.

I agree that in chess we have complete information about the situation, in poker, we never know what the opponent has in his hands.