Is Poker Harder Than Chess?

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A player can win at poker with luck,in chess you can't win with luck.:):):)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is it harder? I think both are much closer to each other than not. The thing is Poker is a ever changing game and chess is not. You can become a master in chess but as Mike Sexton used to say " No Limit holdem, It takes a minute to learn and a lifetime to master"

Personally I think Chess is a much harder game to learn and master but, poker is not a game you can master.

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I consider that both games have no comparison anywhere; In chess there are no deceptions and if there is a great strategy that must advance with a certain tactic or several tactics ... Poker has many variants in the sense that you face different rivals throughout a tournament, the most unknown, where 70% is determined by the cards or determined by luck; In chess everyone starts with the same chips, the same strength, in poker and it is determined by the use of strength or weakness you have

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats a different type of game, u cant compare it

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is poker harder than chess

Chess is harder than poker. Because you gotta be genius to be the best player.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unlike chess, there is luck in poker, but because of this, the game is not simple in what its outline is!

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker in theory you can learn (you learn plus the luck invlolved), chess on other hand its harder to learn if u are not smart.
I dont say pokery is easy to master but compared to chess its way easier.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it is like comparing Messi and Roger Federer, Apples and Oranges dude.

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to say.. But chess is like 100 times harder. To be a GM in chess is like 240 IQ.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you just stated the obvious differences proofing they are not the same nor can they be compared. What is harder to be a Bird or a Dog. I like the question, but the two can not be compared.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a chess player with an international FIDE rating of 2120. There is no equivalent term of 'tilt' in chess. Because, equivalent of bad beats don't exist in chess. There is something called oversight, where a player makes a mistake that isn't expected of his skill level. But, that is not bad beat.

Poker is far more emotionally demanding. Now, I am not stating with conviction that poker is tougher. High level poker is somewhat mechanical, like high level chess. In chess the best players rack their brains only during 5-6 positions in a 60 move game. Similarly, in poker the best players play on an average 20-30% of their hands and rack their brains in 3-4 hands. I am not too sure, as I am a beginner in poker.

In an any case, what is your opinion?

Do you play on chess.com?

I am rated 2010 bullet 1850 rapid. Never played OTB in a FIDE rated game

My opinion is reaching the top ranks in chess takes a lot more from the player.

LemonAmnezia

LemonAmnezia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that poker is a lot harder than chess because you cannot learn everything because its still a luck game and if you have KK against AA you do everything right getting it in but you still lose 90% of the time.

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is hard to compare the 2 as luck is involved in poker, but as far as learning strategies I would say they are both fairly even with chess maybe slightly tougher but Only just:D

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is harder because of the luck part

chaviiiis

chaviiiis

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
chess is harder than poker...
lucky is not involved in chess .... Altho this 2 are sports... in my opinion as also chess player I find more difficult and more mentally exhausting while playing chess rather than poker :)

P

peter bos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you can play chess well, your results prove it. You can be a good poker player without your results proving it. This is because the luck factor counts in poker. Chess is not about luck, but purely about your strategic skills

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Both games are really dificult to dominate

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My opinion poker is harder.... but i'm never play so many tournaments of chess..... lol

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coincidence! Im studying chess on chess.com! Is very hard and im a newbie yet...i Just have 750 points in 10 minutes - 30 minutes. I won 5 games today...im thinking in read a book but i dont know what book to buy. I Guess poker have a lot of stress, thats the Reason for be hard continue making positive results but chess is a patience question!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, a lot depends on luck. This is not the case in chess.

C

cubas1975

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
hello

Hello, the poker are have someone of Luck, but the twoo games is games of stratetigy

K

Kejk67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Different mindset

They are 2 different games with 2 different mindset I think both need patience n strategy in different ways so one for its own
Gamble vs strategy

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In chess, even if you can't predict your opponent's movements, the pieces are all in view for both, the same does not happen in Poker, which in my opinion makes it harder to make each decision.

darkhan160171

darkhan160171

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no random factor in chess. Therefore, poker is more difficult.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chess is definitely harder. It takes a lot of brainpower to think many moves ahead. Thank goodness because poker is slow enough as it is !!