R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Without a doubt, chess is complex, but poker is much more so.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Chess is considered an intellectual game, poker is gambling. Two players play chess, two or more players play poker. The choice is yours

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they are 2 completely different things. Chess is a great game to play with friends. I feel the same way about poker, which for me is the best card game in the world.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not. I find poker very easy to learn and practice.

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think not so long time ago chess grandmaster won 1st live poker turnament. Achieved a lot in very short time.not sure but I think she’s been into poker about a year. Don’t remember the name.very good looking young lady Botez

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker, I think it's easier than chess, it has a lot of different moves and I don't know how to play chess, but it's reasonable to have a better interpretation.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say that chess is a skilled game but poker is a skilled game with an element of luck and if luck isn’t on your side no matter well you can play you will be punished

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, you can't see your opponent's position. You can only guess. And in poker, there is a possibility of chance.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Chess is harder than poker, because In Chess you depend only on yourself and the opponent, and in poker you can wait until the opponents beats between them

X

Xcalibur

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker and chess are two absolutely difficult games, but it seems to me that chess is more difficult because you cannot see the opponent's cards and cannot predict his moves

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker has a lot more action for every turn

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
The truth cannot be compared because in poker, apart from skill, luck influences and chess is just skill and when you are already at a high level when making a move you already know the possible plays that the opponent can make and based on that Plan your next move to get the best out of the game.
Also in poker if 2 good players face each other there will almost always be a winner while in chess the chances of a draw or draw are very high.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am a chess player with an international FIDE rating of 2120. There is no equivalent term of 'tilt' in chess. Because, equivalent of bad beats don't exist in chess. There is something called oversight, where a player makes a mistake that isn't expected of his skill level. But, that is not bad beat.

Poker is far more emotionally demanding. Now, I am not stating with conviction that poker is tougher. High level poker is somewhat mechanical, like high level chess. In chess the best players rack their brains only during 5-6 positions in a 60 move game. Similarly, in poker the best players play on an average 20-30% of their hands and rack their brains in 3-4 hands. I am not too sure, as I am a beginner in poker.

In an any case, what is your opinion?
As chess, poker is a game of using the position on our favor. We have position in chess when we play with white pieces. When we play black we must expect or force our opponent to make a mistake because we are a move behind.
In chess, to have position we must fight for the center (d4, d5, e4 and e5) to occupy better space and try to trap our adversary.
In poker we must play in the CO, BTN, and BB x SB so we are last speaking thus having position and advantage that can be used in many forms, one of them is to control the size of the pot.
The fundamentals and basics of poker are very simple:
1) we must play having position
2) we must play against weaker opponents
And yes, poker is a far harder game than chess. In chess we can control our opponents and win GTO speaking, 99% of times if we know the themes such as tactics to sacrifice pieces, etc
Poker we can play GTO and be the best but we are not going to win most of times, even when we can choose our opponents wisely. It is impossible as we see many times, Villain has just two or one outs to the river and it hits and we lose.
Poker involves a serious mental discipline and psychological experience and self control.

Last edited:
ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
In my opinion chess ♟ and poker are Different in that luck 🍀 is a big factor in poker . Chess it’s the player that makes the least mistakes oversight .
When I get knocked out of a tournament because someone hit a two outer on me. I just play some chess to feel better 😽. Because I am playing people on my skill level and winning 🥇 sometimes . if I don’t make any mistakes but skill is a big deal in chess . Poker luck 🍀 plays a part.

D

daibert murillo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me in particular, playing chess is more complicated than playing poker.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Both games require strategic thinking and decision-making skills, but they are different in nature. Poker involves more randomness, uncertainty, and psychological factors, while chess is more structured and deterministic. Both games can be challenging and enjoyable for different reasons.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am a chess player with an international FIDE rating of 2120. There is no equivalent term of 'tilt' in chess. Because, equivalent of bad beats don't exist in chess. There is something called oversight, where a player makes a mistake that isn't expected of his skill level. But, that is not bad beat.

Poker is far more emotionally demanding. Now, I am not stating with conviction that poker is tougher. High level poker is somewhat mechanical, like high level chess. In chess the best players rack their brains only during 5-6 positions in a 60 move game. Similarly, in poker the best players play on an average 20-30% of their hands and rack their brains in 3-4 hands. I am not too sure, as I am a beginner in poker.

In an any case, what is your opinion?
Poker is harder, because demand much more emotional control and lucky. Chess depends on you studying the game at the point your confidence doesnt trigger emotional problem. And chess, i have to say, is always a "heads-up", 1x1, much better.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Of course it does. Poker is, in my opinion, a developed version of chess, in addition to strategy, thinking a few moves ahead, we have additional elements such as luck, or lack thereof, emotions, psychological pressure and gambling.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is harder than chess. This depends on many factors.