Are you nervous at the final table?

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do get nervous when I'm at a final table, but you have to control your fear and play aggressively.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I, unfortunately, for all the time of my game got to the final table several times. And, as I remember, I was not so much nervous as just playing strictly according to the card, watching the possible exits of other players from the tournament.

P

pokereto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

I guess it depends on which final table you're at. If it is an important tournament, I would be safe, otherwise I would feel calm.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, I am not nervous, but I am relieved, because I am at the top of the game and I have reached some of the main goals of the game.:angel:

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
those who don't, even the pros get butterflies at the final table.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it depends on what tourney I'm playing)) If it's freeroll - I'm chill, if something great for my "level" - definetely nervous, just without a proper expirience)

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are nervous about reaching the final table, especially if you have invested a good sum of money in the tournament and want to be paid for it. Always an important part of the player is to try to stay calm in this type of situation and play cool, I think that overcoming nervousness in this type of situation is what differentiates professionals from rookies. regards.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I get very nervous but I also know that it is to kill or die, you have already played and it is already skill and luck:D

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what's at stake really, like if it's a smaller tournament it doesn't really bother me, however if it was a larger one with bigger prize I'd get nervous

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are folks that feel if they don't make a final table then they actually lost whatever toun they're playing and that's the feeling you should develop by gaining more knowledge and experience with whatever game/tourn you're playing. And that's the mindset you should have or at least should be working on obtaining if you want to get good at them.

That feeling only comes when you have a vast knowledge of whatever game you're playing, the experience to ACCURATELY judge your opponents and understand tourn structure and to back it up with enough results as proof that you actually know what you're doing.

This stuff about being nervous at a final table tells me that there's a good chance these folks are playing over their heads either competition wise or for some reason these folks sound like they're surprised to get to a final table as if they don't belong there, lol which is silly.

If folks get that feeling then I would suggest better tourn selection to where you can reach whatever goal you're setting for yourself like cashing a certain percentage, coming in the top 30% of a tourn so many times, making the final table or whatever goal you set and be able to do it a lot and have the confidence backed by results to show you can do it.

Or you're going to be dead money and unless you're just playing for fun then more than likely you shouldn't be playing those tourns because they're over your experience level for some reason.

You should find ways to get over that feeling. One uber simple way would be to play more multi table Sit in Gos at are at your level to increase you odds of getting to a final table so its not such a new experience or feel like a big deal when you play tourns. But again, you should work on making it so getting to the final table is the norm rather than an exception so you won't be nervous any longer.

GL

Last edited:
gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
No, I'm not nervous, quite the contrary. I feel relieved because I have reached the final table.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im always happy when play any FT![emoji120][emoji256][emoji41] nervous when i not reach that..[emoji12]

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am quite nervous yes, if early stages I play my game no fear, correct etc...I am afraid that the excitement takes place at a final table, the pressure can make one play more tight. I know its bad but I know I turn into a chicken lol , this I have to learn to control . Just need experience therefore many many final tables

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a little bit but stay calm to make precise action , sometime really confused ,

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Undoubtedly, the final table requires special concentration, because your entire tournament path and the largest prize pools are at stake. And this is further complicated by the fact that usually you come to the final table already tired.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In live or online everyone is nervous in a final table specially with big pay jumps the difference is how good players manage to set it a side and be able to make good decisions. Rather than getting in trouble and start showing weakness. It's about what you project not what yoy feel...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know....

I can't even remember the last time I made a final table in anything :confused:

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It`s positive nervous, just play for pleasure and don`t look at payouts))
Try to find tells from other players and use them to build good stack.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I make it to the final table I’m way too happy to be nervous.

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering that I rarely get to the final table I am not at all nervous, but happy. the fact that I got there and if I have a good stack is a great motivation for me. of course it must be played fold/ all in that phase of the tournament. and if I manage to catch a good hand it's very good for me, if that's not

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calm as a whale at FT, but nervous at early stages of MTTs. Why would you be nervous if you're already a winner?

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, but sometimes I am happy just to be there. I have never played in a super high stakes tournament.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I get nervous when I'm at a final table, but you have to control your fear and play... I try to do that and make the game work!:D