mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Glad to see how many people on here are not nervous. Literally, the last 100 meters of a marathon with 9 people still fighting for the top places, with their last bits of hope and strength left, after hours of running and praying and mainly folding.

Nervous? Me? Nah, I don't care about money, you must've had me confused with someone else. No, no, not in for the money, I just spent 4,5,6,7 hours just for the pleasure of folding my trash hands.

I mean, I'm praying every single second that I get a premium hand or that everyone folds to my button or cutoff bluff just to get those extra chips to fight to see another premium hand. I speak with the Gods of Poker throughout the whole final table until I'm out. My wife cheers and swears all the way til the end of it. Doesn't matter if it's a $10-$50k Gtd or a $100 Freeroll. I always enjoy it and go through every possible emotion and play every trick in my book just to get one tiny little place higher on that list.

Nervous? Not only, but also. Trying to hide it, sure. But if I wasn't nervous, then I was definitely somewhere next door, out, looking for the toilet and ended up in the wrong place, at some final table and why not, play some "cards".

Good luck!
Out!

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, without nerves, I think it's much easier and more likely to win the tournament, if you look at it coldly.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No i dont get nervous, i am thrilled to make final table.

I

Ipoh_Coconut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got in final table yesterday. Although just a small buy in $1 , I felt a little bit nervous especially when I was the chip leader. Felt like want to protect the 1st position and end up knocked out at the 5th place.:rolleyes:

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course not, you just have to play, otherwise emotions can betray

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its normal to be nervous/excited, especially when there is a lot of money on the line. However, part of being a good poker player, is hiding emotion. So it's simply a skill that takes practice. The more final tables you are on, the more comfortable it is. Obviously there is a tiny variation in strategy on the final table. But the core poker principles remain the same. Just enjoy the moment, play it like you would any other table. Sometimes for the big games, I just zone in, and pretend i'm playing at the pub. If you are purely money orientated, you won't be a successful poker player regardless.

So just pretend it's play money; Have fun, at the end of the day that's all that matters. If you are nervous because it's a lot of money that could affect your life negatively if you lose. You shouldn't have been playing those kind of stakes in the first place. You shouldn't be playing with more than 10% of your bankroll. And your bankroll should not be more than 10% of your real bank balance. (These numbers are very high, and you shouldn't be exceeding them anyways)

Bottom line, Just have fun, enjoy the ride!

Good Luck :)

K

kaziowichura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no because its mean only these players who is there exactly in tournament so u know exactly what can u expect and how much coins they got also its mean u got already some good price :D

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first few times I was relatively nervous and perhaps played a bit too cautiously, which the other players quickly notice, for example when you fold quickly to a cbet. That's why I try to act independently of the depth of the tournament and since then it works better. Just stay cool and keep applying the knowledge that got you to the final table.
Of course, especially position game plays a very big role there.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

At the final table, I think everyone is nervous. But the size of your stack is very important here. If the stack is deep enough, I usually play very tight, sitting out the short guys. I try not to worry too much, and just play deliberately.

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you are nervous its hard to make good decisions so i stai calm and listen to some good music to chill!

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with RustyRed83. If someone said don't get nervous at the FT, muse be a lie. Even it have a little bit, but it have

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a beginner, the few times I got there on foot I made all the wrong decisions, and I got there with the second most chips, nervousness gets in the way too much

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yeah, since I'm still in the learning process and haven't gotten to the final table very often, I am very nervous when I get there and tend to get too conservative.

But I'm working on overcoming that.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No because its online poker.If it was live then thats something completely different.Also,you dont really play against top notch poker players online often times.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes and no. No because usually at that time you already scored some nice winnings. Yes because you've come so far and don't want to lose your hard-earned chip stack. Mostly I get nervous because only better players get to the final table, and that fact intimidates me, I can even lose my game a little bit.

davidjavi31

davidjavi31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is normal to be nervous at a final table of a tournament, much more so if it is live. However, you must think that if you got there it is because you did things well, so what you can do best is to relax and enjoy that moment.

yango

yango

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is inevitable because in the end what you are looking for is always to play well, for this reason you have moments when you can play with very strong hands that in the end are knocked down by bad hands for this reason you get nervous

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm only nervous at the first table.

starting off I get strange shakes and just fold until I calm down.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no more, even more relaxed game. tense is the bubble

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That depends on how you get there, if you are nine or first, but you have already reached the final table to one of the most difficult goals in poker, so enjoy it because the rest that comes are profits, enjoy and try to play your best poker, good luck on the tables.