Are you nervous at the final table?

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would have to go with what some of the others have said. That is, being nervous approaching or on the bubble—especially if I am short stacked. Again, because that pay jump goes from 0 to usually more than enough to cover my buy-in. After that point, each pay jump is going to be incremental compared to that initial one.

That said, if I am pretty solid approaching the bubble, my play changes (as it should) but I'm not "nervous".

As for the final table, not really because I don't really get "nervous". But I suppose that depends on what you mean by "nervous". I usually perform well (and certainly better) under pressure in all areas of my life so the final table doesn't really stick out.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had several final tables, the more money there is in the pot, the better it is... but in general, yes, you are nervous

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You usually get butterflies in your stomach when you form the final table but it soon passes and concentration soon returns

“Success is the ability to go from defeat to defeat without losing your enthusiasm.”

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just tell myself to breathe slowly until I’m comfortable

AzazeL0707

AzazeL0707

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Depending on how much cchips i got ��

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was on 109$ final table and it was not that nervous. If a player is tired then it might happen or any tilt can do as well!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. I am very nervous at the start but after a while it just comes as 2nd nature, and once I'm in the money then it's a good day. Just got to play the cards and the situation after that.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a little nervous - but very focused

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant imagine anyone who would not be nervouse on FT.
I am. ;)

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am also a very nervous player and would be very noticable at a live table and am working on ways to stay calm

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, I feel very comfortable in the final table because you have already achieved something and are usually already in the money. I therefore feel much less comfortable before the bubble than at the final table.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I get nervous and I don't know why and things go wrong, I hope to improve that :(

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes i feel nervous, but i think it change when you play more table, and when you are constantly in the FT

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play calmly and patiently at the final table. Getting to the final table is harder. :) But it feels divine.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Nervous? No. Maybe excited but rather focused.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the tournament is expensive, then of course I'm worried

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
On the contrary! I get nervous when it takes a long time to get to the final table because of the intransigence of opponents. As soon as I appear at the final table, there is a huge motivation to beat everyone.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Depends on the buy-in of the tournament. If the buy-in is high for me, of course I'm worried.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The first thing you should do is pick the weak link at the table.It's worth paying attention right away-this is the size of the stacks,so the opponent with the shortest stack immediately becomes a target for all players.Although,of course,it's disgusting to look at trash hands,but this is life:someone is born a princess, and someone dies,not born, and as far as excitement is concerned,excitement is inevitable in major tournaments.

K

karylpretty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had some final table experiences and I don't feel nervous at all. I just enjoy the game and focus more on notes and ladders

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nervous? Naaaah

I'm not nervous at all at the final table, no matter how many chips I have. If I'm a big stack I'm very quiet and I like to referee the fight between the little ones. I can take advantage of many opportunities to strengthen my position at the table, including with min-raises often winning. And when I'm poorer and I don't have as many chips I play Push probably any hand with certain cards that I consider at a certain point in a certain position. The fact that we have already reached the final table is a laudable thing, a bonus for everyone. :p So let's put our nerves and stress aside and try to win the tournament.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't nervous especially at the Final table...:rolleyes: by one simple cause,
because I'm at the Final table already! :cool::angel::) And this Event is a big success already
for me personality! :deal::):D

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If the prizes are big, I do get nervous, but if it is a freeroll I take it more calmly

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am more chilled there as the other players don’t go out of line that mich unobtrusive final table