Would you fold AQ?

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ

Would I fold AQ? It depends on many factors. My position at the table, how late in the tournament if playing a tourney, my chip stack, how much was bet prior to me, etc. Say it was near the bubble, and I was low on chips. I might fold to an all in if they had me covered. If I was in the money and I had a big chip stack, I would probably call, but it would also depend who went all in ahead of me. Good luck.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Def wouldn’t fold if suited pre-flop and would risk an all in, especially if it’s hearts lol

N

nutshove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If the "loose cannon" has shown that he's more than likely to be playing any Ax like this, then maybe it wouldn't be so wrong to get yourself in the hand.
UTG+1 raising is always a concern, and if he's played solid and if it seems as if he's been trying to win, then folding here isn't so hard.

I think you'd also have to consider your own table image and whether you've given UTG+1 a reason to call you with worse. If not, then it's probably safer to fold. Just my 2 blinds. If anyone disagrees you can tell me why I'm wrong :p

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends... AQ is a really Strong hand but in my opnion fold With This hand depends of a lot a Things in the table ...

If you go all in the other player can Shove With a AA , AK, KK AND YOU GONNA LOSE !
You should consider your position, in what part of the tournament you are .. etc

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't usually fold AQ much ... but in that particular situation I think I would. Regards.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would wait for a better position and situation , AQ is ahand that troubles me a lot , many times I have lost in situations that i thought I had the upper hand , bjut no , I didnt . Not so powerfull hand as I used to think ;) I have to learn to play it better I guess :)
With AQ I have had bad luck, I hope it changes, but when I have this AQ hand I also lose, more when I go Allin directly with less than 15 blinds.

W

wulfeman007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

please share your ideas about following situation.

you are playing for a ticket and are 8 places away from the money.
your stack puts you in 5th position (7 tickets) but your ranking will determine the value of your ticket.
you are in late position with AQ and the biggest stack at the table.
utg+1 bets, next 2 people fold and a lose canon at you right goes all in. his stack is roughly 2/3 yours.

Would you call or fold AQ?
aq is strong but any pair beats ace high all day long ..ur playing for tickets ..you are ahead and have time .AND just cuse its AQ doesnt mean you gunna win it

aq is strong but any pair beats ace high all day long ..ur playing for tickets ..you are ahead and have time .AND just cuse its AQ doesnt mean you gunna win it
utg+1 bets, next 2 people fold and a lose canon at you right goes all in. his stack is roughly 2/3 yours... also it seems like if you lose then ur the low stack or close to it

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zixuzo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday i was the first to drop at a FT in a .55 mtt at PS. i was maybe the 6th in stack, got a AQs, went all-in then got beat by a 99. so sad, now i wont risk my tournament with a AQ again

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A wise man once said, "never bust with a queen in your hand" :)

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course not. I would not risk it. I would fold. Why risk it? Better to wait. Even 72 can beat your card.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I fold in this situation. AQ is a good hand but in this stage of the tournament the risk is high. AK, AA or KK are better hands and I think that with AQ is convenient fold in this hand. I fold and I wait for a better hand. 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would I fold AQ

Yes I would. Online you gotta fold AQ all the time.

A

aaronz1303

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold, you cant risk it at that moment, he might have something better

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The smart play is to fold. There are so many things that can go wrong that it would be bad to risk a bunch of chips for something that would most likely not be the best hand. That said, if I am feeling my oats, I have a love for these cards. They have won me some awesome hands at the right time. They have also lost me a few, but the wins were much sweeter than the bitterness of the losses.

Basically, if you are running off adrenaline, fold. This is not a smart move. If you think you could isolate the LAG and think he might be playing cards you could beat, well, that is what gets people bracelets, names on trophies, and other great accolades. I have done this against people who were annoying to me. I am not sure my statistics on the issue, but I feel like I am better than even on the tally.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are you playing AQs or playing AQo, since you didn't specify I may assume it's AQo, AQo is not a monster calling hand preflop, but ask yourself what range of hands are you ahead of when holding AQo. That should help you determine the answer to your question of Call or Fold.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hi guys,

your stack puts you in 5th position (7 tickets) but your ranking will determine the value of your ticket.
utg+1 bets, next 2 people fold and a lose canon at you right goes all in. his stack is roughly 2/3 yours.

I would fold AQ without hesitation, not the right situation and not such a strong hand to take risks

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the position you end up in determines the value of the ticket and the player who has made the all in was a loose player, then I think risking and playing all in could be a good move in this case because theres no guarantee that you will end up winning the ticket being in 5th position when only 7 players win a ticket. the big issue here is the utg +1 bet. if that player doesnt get involved in many hands then folding might be a good option otherwise going all in might be the best choice.

Last edited:
monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold aq on the cash tables every day

in a satty just a few seats from the ticket..???....easy...let others do the work.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it's one of the hardest hand to play
if not suited and not in position
tou should fold

Bibigon

Bibigon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All the time with big attention I play that hand.
And aprox. in 70% - I fold it out.
Such a slick one hand, I remember - what said about that hand Norman Chad, he was right - that hand so tricky one !

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't usually withdraw AQ a lot ... but in that particular situation I think I would. Regards.:confused:

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi guys,

Like the wind I would fold so fast, why risk it all on 2 cards I would rather wait and see the outcome and wait for a better opportunity. He could have Pocket 22s and still beat you if your hand does not connect, The hand I hate most besides 7/2 is AK, Big Slick, Why? because I have seen it beat on so many occasions, even after it has connected with top pair or top 2 pair you are still at risk of any pocket pair holding, making a set on the Turn or River, at the end of the day it is still an Ace Rag hand in my mind and should be treated as such.
Sure it is a nice starting hand to call a raise or even a re-raise in position but an all-in from such a big stack, is it worth that much Pre-flop? I would fold and wait for a better opportunity.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

ABDEZZUR

ABDEZZUR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
AQ is a damn hand for me. The most offensive losses are associated with her. In this situation, I would fold.

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what the blinds are and just how loose this guy has been playing. I would only call if I thought he was shoving almost any ace in that spot, as you're dominated by better aces and flipping with pocket pairs.

Folding in Poker