caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

I would rather be the aggesor than the calller. In the situation you are describing, I might fold.
He could easily have a low pair, suited conectors or even AK or 2 face cards. You have to decide if he is a loose canon and want the huge amount of chips he is offrering, or wether you want to risk your tourney life on a coin flip.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would rather be the aggressor than the caller. In the situation you are describing, I might fold.
He could easily have a low pair, suited connectors or even AK or 2 face cards. You have to decide if he is a loose canon and want the huge amount of chips he is offering, or whether you want to risk your tourney life on a coin flip.

Your first sentence was all I needed to see to agree with you. I'd rather be shoving AQ here, not calling. Plus, UTG+1 led pre-flop, so is this all-in behind you a 3-bet shove? Or did UTG limp+1 limp pre?

I think it's a call. If the villain is playing wide you're ahead most of the time. It1s probably worth the risk to get a better ticket.

So even with the UTG+1 open, you pick this spot to put chips in? Well, you definitely are taking a much higher variance position than I would.

If the dude has been playing loose, I'd shove back and take my chances especially since the places determine the value of the ticket. Chances are, you're definitely ahead!

But there's a third player to factor in here - the UTG+1 open. We cannot discount their being in this hand.

If a loose cannon is too loose I would definitely call his all-in, given you have so much equity with AQ. Especially when suited.

See what I said above.

In a double raise situation yes I fold, what can I beat? AJ

Great thinking here!!! I mean, that shove behind you, are they REALLY doing that with AJ, as you said? (asking all of you out there). Or AT?

You're at best racing against him/her and at worst dominated. To make matters (potentially) worse, there's still UTG+1 that has to act behind you, so if you're committing chips here, you're definitely taking a VERY gambly spot.

With the stack that OP mentioned, I'm waiting for a better spot to be the one applying pressure, rather than having to react to the pressure.

rictor99

rictor99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In these situations I usually don't fold and then regret it, LOL.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold if people are all going all in...Usually someone has pocket aces and I would lose.

Beatlebug

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I would fold AQ here, as you are behind any pocket pair

4MileKing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold also. Ive been in those situations and a small pocket pr would win

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes if it’s big bet preflop hand

A

AlegzanderM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Strange hand

U May miss the flop with this cards! With this cards u must Make a big rise, or u risk to lose

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on the betsize and the position of my oppenents...and than on the flop cards...I think preflop it is more difficult to fold it... ;)

F

Fox12319

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a hard decision. Normally i would not fold AQ preflop as i think i am front against these two players.
The chance that you loose against a lower hand is always there and you can't avoid bad beats. You have one the strongest hands preflop - so i would probably call.

You can find a coin flip situation, but that's Poker. You can loose against pocket pairs, but his range is bigger - so i also can be AJ and you are in front.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would throw it away. There is a very high chance the ticket is there, it is completely irrelevant whether your chips are the seventh most or the first most.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, this is not the best pair, so without thinking I let it pass, if the stakes are not high I play.

W

WHAKAORIORI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course preflop - call any all in pre flop if like 30% of stack or something

Folding in Poker