Would you fold AQ?

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually see the flop when I have AQ, only small 256 or 796 cards come out on the flop, so sometimes it's easy to fold.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes but depends on many thing.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a loose cannon is too loose I would definitely call his all-in, given you have so much equity with AQ. Especially when suited.

C

Charbilkh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rather not to

I hate it when i have to fold AQ

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is a good hand. You can see the flop if you don't raise. And so if someone makes a vabank then sometimes you have to quit, but this also depends on what game you play.

robertboz

robertboz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I, the one with AQo, never folded before the flop, but now it also depends on the position and the tournament of the players you have at the table and so on ...

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold many times AQo, for example in pre flop multiway ( some do bet, and another villan do 3bet, and this stuff)

W

wallyworld127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plz give more info

all of these responses did not even read your post thoroughly and also you didn't quite give enough info. Now I'm going to assume when you say lose cannon you mean an extremely lose player you are 90% sure your crushing here. In which case with the rest of the info about the tourney (ex: your position cashing gives more eq..) I would say yeah its a desent call here not horrible. but that is assuming utg+1 has less than 40bb and you dont have more than 90bb (making his shove 60bb) but even then idk not horrible. I do need mroe info though that isnt enough. Now if this was a standard satellite where everyone gets the same tickey then you might want to say ehh not worth if your thinking utg might call even 30percetn of the time.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You may be (and most likely are ahead) in the lead with AQ but that means very little. AQ is a drawing hand and is inferior to many other starting hands. I can easily fold AQ now. Especially in their situation, where the situation is a satellite and the difference between 1st and 7th is nothing. Sometimes it’s better to make bad lay down and avoid a bad beat. It’s just not worth the risk at this stage. No matter what the loose cannon holds he likely has live cards . He may even be ahead. Even 22 is better in this situation. I have no problem folding but will certainly be unhappy about it.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

I wish I had folded my AQ suited last night, when instead I called an all in from a known donk, who paired up and won the hand.
Same happened to me, I even paired the Q. Beat me with AK. I guess we should have mucked the AQ.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A Q is also a high hand , you shouldn t fold , but that is 50/50 . If you have lucky , winning by this hand is amazing .

R

RUNRRUNRTO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You’re only about 25% to win with AQ in this situation Plus you’re in a great situation fo a ticket. No need to take unnecessary risk here. Sounds like you’ve been playing a solid game thus far. Pick more favourable situations & keep chipping away.

N

Nel1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on how the play and the position come, but AQ is a strong hand to call

stampide

stampide

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes! Why not? It depends from situations!

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that scenario you can easily muck. If you have the ticket in your pocket why risk it??

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold. unless you are holding an AA or KK pair. AQ does not give you any guarantee of winning. We are waiting further, why lose your stack.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.depending on the situation.in the tournament, I would not risk everything,I would lose.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Believe it or not, I lose ninety percent of the time with this hand when I enter the pot from early position. The bottom line is, fold this hand if you don't have to call with it.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a double raise situation yes I fold, what can I beat? AJ

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there has been anyone hand that has put me out of more games,its been AQ.I keep saying im going to fold it,and i keep playing it.Soon i hope i get it in my head to fold.It for sure has never worked out for me.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

please share your ideas about following situation.

you are playing for a ticket and are 8 places away from the money.
your stack puts you in 5th position (7 tickets) but your ranking will determine the value of your ticket.
you are in late position with AQ and the biggest stack at the table.
utg+1 bets, next 2 people fold and a lose canon at you right goes all in. his stack is roughly 2/3 yours.

Would you call or fold AQ?

I'd probably fold....too many hands can beat you...no time to go out so close to the money.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold. I would want something better than AQ when calling off 3/4 of my chips. At best you are 60/40. Could be 50/50 or even crushed. If the big stack called the math gets worse.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a good hand to go all-in pre-flop, but calling against two aggressors, not so much. Better to expect a better situation.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is quite a good hand, if the stack is short, it's a sin not to bet allin. If I raise and my opponent puts a wabank, I will make a pass if the stacks are deep enough. Of course, it is better to watch the flop with such a hand, but it is always worth supporting the fish with AQ, depending on the stack of course. I like this hand
but you also need to be able to correctly enter the distribution with her.;)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if close, one-off's aren't automatic..

If you're close to the bubble, it's easy to lose discipline, "I've made it this far.. I'm due to win..", that thinking is easy to apply to AQ, KJ, Q10. Those starting cards look so appealing, close to the bubble, "one more good win, and I'm in...".
Those one-off premium hands are fool's gold; often turn into whiff and piff. Have to stay disciplined, even when you "feel it" and the cards look like they "have" to turn into something more.

Folding in Poker