Why players on the Freeroll Tournaments go All In?

24rules187

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy answer to that question, the last word, “freeroll” they’re not losing anything if they lose, there’s no loss only gain, if you lose, you lose 0$, if you win, you’re up early in chips

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think because its free and his are begginers who dont understand poker play... hi just gambling

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's easy to gamble when you don't have anything to lose. Besides they take a long time with only a small reward at the end so people are willing to take risks early and often.

F

fievr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is interesting to see some players go All-In in freeroll tournaments too quick.
- Is it because its Free or they are just the beginners?
- or It is the best way to gain quick lead?

Love to see the thoughts of the forum members. Please do share your best approach while playing freeroll tournaments.

I believe that there is not enough motivation

L

Larry moyer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is interesting to see some players go All-In in freeroll tournaments too quick.

Love to see the thoughts of the forum members. Please do share your best approach while playing freeroll tournaments.
ABSOLUTELY players aren't risking their own money so I've seen about old free for alls. Once you've made it halfway through the tourney you are it less. Not sure what the solution is but obviously going all in with 2 8 of suit when qka comes down on the flip is ridiculous. Problem is luck jumps in an they grey 3 of a kind and they think the fabulous poker players.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!Reasons to go All in many.I understand the situation when a good hand came.And I do not understand when someone does all in just like That,they just break all the game.

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply they are not result oriented. They don't care, it's freerole, let's spin it :)
Fields are huge, it lasts too long for small cash, so it's just "i'll shove it, if i built some stack by luck - nice, if not - who cares".

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don’t have a big budget free rolls are nice, but they get spoiled by the Allen idiots. Thousands n thousands of people play. You just have to play through it
I do agree with the time comment. A great example is the ten dollar free roll, if you come near the money your going to be there four hours???

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy seeing the plays

I dont enjoy the playmoney at all, its not considered practiced playing, its more of a lotto where it comes in as a sport or gamble, its all a gamble but I like to play the hands, It gets annoying when you want to sit an just play an bullys come in, I found coming in late registering you have more enjoyable playing,

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of players just sit out and wait I see it all the time

dougiefres1

dougiefres1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ya it a real freak show if they double up its fine if they loose they dont care cause payoutts are small

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think mostly it's because of structure of the tournament, bigerr part of freerolls are turbo or super turbo. But there are second reason- too meny donk-players)

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why stay in almost worthless freeroll if you don't double up quick??

H

Honest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a variety of reasons.

Could be strategic.
Could be they don't know the game well yet.
Could be they only have interest in playing if they double up early and quick.

The list goes on..

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
trying to gamble or they don't have time to play or impatient

Z

Zikasamaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Moust people enter these tournament because its free,and a lot of bad players play like donks and try to pick up a big stack and start to fold calling to enter in price......

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More often than not you will see the average stack lets say close to 3.000, and the biggest stack is like 15.000. How he managed to do that? Either by winning a multishoving pot, or by a double after double lucky shoves.

I look for these players... they usually give those chips away at the same rate they got them

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're new, it's free and they don't want to have to think. Once you go all in its just like if you're short stacked at a tournament. There's no real thought. Do I have a strong hand for my position, yes, shove. No, fold. Not many people will put that much into the game when you're not making much per hour. Once you get deeper into the field you'll find that a lot of that gets weeded out because they get called and sent to the rail. I learned to not change my game in these situations unless you have JJ+ then I just shove

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of the above are defendable reasons, pot oddas??

You have given a lot of the rational behind freebie frequent allins

The one factor that amazes me on the very first hand of a freebie is when the person on the button goes all-in($1500, for example), and all the others fold, all-in wins the blinds.
Sometimes, netting as little as $45. What kind of pot odds are those? 45/1500= .03

You pointed out allin as quick way to get a stack. It is, if you can get the rest of the table to follow your allin, make it a big pot. Otherwise, it is ultimate risk for marginal reward

T

tuxzedo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
noobies

I would have to say its the eagerness / inexperience to the online game. Real players will go all in when the time is right. Yet that being said, I have been beat with big slick suited to an offset 2-7...

T

Tu Ng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I am a noob. I need to depend on luck and start with a huge stack.

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is one specific answer however the fact that it is free, allows them to do it without losing anything other than time spent playing.

I think that some do it because its easier than actually trying to play the hand. Also some do it with a monster hand trying to get a weak hand to call, which happens a lot imo.

My views on it is that it can boost you up with a big stack, but if you aren't careful you won't stick around long enough to make the money.

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They shove early to either get stacked or knocked out. This way they look at is as I have chips to play with or I have wasted no time in this free roll.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is no money in play, u dont mind to go all in.