Why players on the Freeroll Tournaments go All In?

B

BetterNot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess its a combination of a few things the fact that you have nothing to loose, the fact that a lot of people just play these quick so just go all in and if they win they have a nice starting stack and else nothing happened, and the fact that you know other players are also very loose which give you a better odd to call

A

Andrey Zubkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This saves time. Take a risk at first to get a big stack. Participation is free - there is nothing to lose.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when your stack is less than 10 big blinds to play everything you just need.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As I understand it only get better slowly at higher stakes, so no it's not because it's free.
In freerolls part will be because it free and because they're beginners.
Maybe more about waisting time, get a decent stack fast, or go and do something else.
That's why some people only register after few rounds (if possible).

inflmara

inflmara

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many just want to have fun, and are not interested in leaving eliminated in first hand.
The strategy to play these tournaments is to have patience and wait for a good hand to win chips, usually when the tournament is in advanced stages the level of poker improved slightly.

I have been to the final table of a free roll and the play is just as terrible nothing like a paid tournament, had a guy fold 60% of hands head up against me.

Late in a freeroll tournament people just push all in or fold, sometimes they paid to see and flop and fold if they don't hit anything so if you just bet the flop you will build a huge stack.
Playing a freeroll is nothing like real poker most people pick up bad habits like being a nit and only waiting for premium hands.

iriska

iriska

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the initial stage it is a lottery, so why not take a chance?

L

lantz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do go all in on sometimes when I think its right but I can still be wrong had a pair of kings preflop guy ahead called all in I called got beat with his 10 2 caught a full house just bad break normally would just get enough to narrow the field of players to 1 or 2