Why players on the Freeroll Tournaments go All In?

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe play for fun.

And maybe use the chart Push Fold

FeltPimp

FeltPimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's the lure of doubling up early on in the tourney. And the fact that it's free.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer is simple. They arent good players. They see any ace, and it's gold, any face card with a 10 kicker, gold. The thing is, they get rewarded by that play early on a lot of time so they think they are good, but you rarely see these players toward the end. A big early stack doesn't really mean much.

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that it is a bit of both...the smaller the risk the less they care

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is no time or no patience,then it happens to happen
freerolls are often called weak and tilted players.I think this is not a solution, so freerolls are unpredictable.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are trying to chip up early or nothing. They have no money invested therefore the risk is not there. Some just gamble because winning a pot with several stacks will result in having a top stack.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is interesting to see some players go All-In in freeroll tournaments too quick.
- Is it because its Free or they are just the beginners?
- or It is the best way to gain quick lead?

Love to see the thoughts of the forum members. Please do share your best approach while playing freeroll tournaments.

Is it because its Free or they are just the beginners? yes

or It is the best way to gain quick lead? as fast they go up they go down

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls bring out the no investment loss who cares players. This is perfect for site tracking historical read software . Online sites programs gravitate towards bad beats IMHO. I try to ply non historical so the AI pgms have to track a long history to get a read on history of hands.

J

jfitzg414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since this is not a specific hand discussion I will not talk about number of limited outs that get filled online. I will suggest that u watch who is winning in the table and not push but limit bet with a hand. Seems to work better for me

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think because it is a free tournament they play without goals if they lose they are not even there because they did not pay anything to participate

MrGrace

MrGrace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally believe its only because they don't pay for the tournament, if it cost you nothing people don't respect it but on the bright side it could be a great opportunity to double up.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They clearly don't respect the game or how it's played...because if you can do that in a freeroll, i don't and can't see you making any profit with your hard earned cash. I despise freerolls because of that! Having the strongest hand pre-flop has no meaning when you're up against 2 or more opponents especially if they have more chips than you do! Can't seem to place higher than 2000 in the league elementary on pokerstars because I'm losing 7 2 off with AA.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My nobleman, I can be criticized, plus one of the worst poker games is to go allin preflop at the beginning and a tournament, we took some time to see this reality. However, there are situations where it is necessary to go pre-flop with the intention of having our opponents fold. When I play with a pair of My goal is to hit a three of a kind, if it does not hit, we will invest a few stacks to go to the showdown. Go allin is to ask to leave the tournament, what makes you fall from a tournament is a pair of AA, what makes you win a tournament is a straight well executed with a good reading of the board, checking if there is no flush board . What makes you win a tournament is to earn chips slowly, investing few stacks and even going allin when you hit your nuts flush. More talk is very easy, I even know what to do in a tournament, I've been able to take some of what I'm saying here, unfortunately a couple of A's are irresistible, and it's very difficult to drop that hand, we always hit it allin and the opponent's opponent hits something with a mediocre hand and we fall from a tournament.
I do agree that we may not go all in the early stages. but the same time if we slow play we are also risking that some crazy players call with anything and make your hand to loose and you may not afford that either.

I believe most of our members experienced this too.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Total disrespect for the game going all-in on any two cards especially at the beginning of the tournament or they have hoards of money to rebuy in.:elefant:

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to agree with most n just say its bingo to them, its free so they feel no pain for being knocked out.

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah they don't care. It certainly appears that there is an inversely proportional relationship between Buyin amount and Looseness. If there's no risk, then there's no fear.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thimk it is because its free and they dont care. I asked the same question to a player a long time ago and thats the response he told me "It is free man, enjoy" haha :D

daco111

daco111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They go all in for the most simple reason: its free.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
These types of players you find in all limits. It's not exclusivity you see this only in free tournaments. Maybe it's just players looking for some fun or, who knows, perhaps, this is strategy if they're a regular players. So it's good to stay always be attentive.

K

kmlnb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the prize is not high the tournament lasts a long time main reasons

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that because it is a tournament with many people, all win is a way to get chips faster

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think a lot of people just don't care because it is free. Plus with the amount of freerolls you can play on different sites/clients there are quite a few freerolls really, so I think some people may just go all in hoping to get a big stack early otherwise it isn't worth their time to play and just move on to the next one.

K

kygamblr09

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well speaking for myself. When i 1st started playing it was the thrill of just going all in and hoping to gt lucky. Then it turned into doing it just to be a bully at the table. Then it turned into just playing so many or so many games at a time that it was really out of boredom. Then it was to not learn the game but just play it. Now i rarely do it because i practice patience and thru the my own teachings of how big a waste of time and lack of knowledge by doing that. Take your time no ned to rush things but i will say if i get AA all my reply goes out the window .lol

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in any not understandable situation, go all in)))

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many just want to have fun, and are not interested in leaving eliminated in first hand.
The strategy to play these tournaments is to have patience and wait for a good hand to win chips, usually when the tournament is in advanced stages the level of poker improved slightly.