Why people talk badly about freerolls

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there, I think because a lot of players when play freerolls do not consider it seriously and play it as fun, that's why it is very hard to play with them because they are not serious and can't lose funds.

freerolls not a bad way of learning poker as long as u take it seriously. what the others do you cant influence.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
People have a bad opinion of freerolls because there is a very weak field and there are many players who play any hand and go all-in without hesitation hoping for luck, that is what ruins that kind of tournaments!

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I disagree with the opinion regarding freerolls. When playing a freeroll, players can overestimate their strength and it is easier to part with their stack. Good players can play and freerolls responsibly. For example, these are expensive 888 poker freerolls.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People have a bad opinion of freerolls because there is a very weak field and there are many players who play any hand and go all-in without hesitation hoping for luck, that is what ruins that kind of tournaments!
Totally agree with you, many people just go all-in each hand at the start, only from the mid game time they start playing without all-ins.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree with your entire post.
Except one - your 500 freerolls is pitiful. :D:D:D I played in approximately 5600 when I first started out. You have a long way to go before you can be judged by your tiny amount of freerolls. :D:D:D

Ohhh man, that is right hahaha. I do not put in the right volume. Difficult to manage it with work.

I hate to say it but... I am still a Weekend Warrior! lol lol lol :eek:

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ohhh man, that is right hahaha. I do not put in the right volume. Difficult to manage it with work.

I hate to say it but... I am still a Weekend Warrior! lol lol lol :eek:

Totally understandable friend. I jumped in the deep end of the pool face first when I started out. I work full time as well - but when I was first starting playing poker - I felt that all this volume for me was OJT (on the job training) and their wasn't a better place to do that than freerolls - as we both agreed.

At that time too - ACR was running on-demand freerolls every 20 or 30 minutes? They were only 10 dollar entire prize pool freerolls, and you did not make anything unless you hit the final table. Out of a field of 800-1200 - it was pretty much a gauntlet of hell. But I grinded my ass off in those events.

And - I could not get enough TRAINING!! I was playing morning, noon, and night - whenever I could to get in that volume.

To be honest - volume is one of those KEY elements - I believe - we all need to improve our games. People don't mention it enough - mass volume - as much as anyone can stand - gives that person so much - experience dealing with spots. Certain things become ALMOST second nature when you have ran into the same situation 500 time, compared to running into the same situation 10 times. :)

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Participation in the freerolls is free, and you can win money or a ticket with a prize pool to a more expensive tournament. They are held on a regular basis in all rooms. I think this is a great opportunity for a beginner to accumulate his bankroll or just enjoy the first win of money. So, why not try your hand if you are a novice player?

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls, but I have watched some videos where people said that freerolls are bad to learn poker concepts. Why do they say that? Do you agree?
Freerolls.png

I'll give you my opinion, too.

There is no definite answer, only according to the situation.
For example, if there are 5 thousand people in a freeroll and this tournament is hyper. Then what will you learn playing such poker, when they almost always put all chips in every deal.

Or the other side of freerolls, namely small participants and relatively good prize pool.

An example would be freerolls from this forum. (good example)

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the fact that there are people who play in freeroll and risk more because it is free but freeroll for me is a serious game and we should be very careful with it when you are 77.:rolleyes::):rolleyes::):cool::);):)

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls - the best for your starting bank roll

T

Tidu84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can win freerolls, you don't need to learn anything more, beacause it's extremely hard game in Poker.

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is a great beginning. However, in freerolls we see lot of players that bluff a lot andthat are very unexperient.

E

EvanX26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im not a big fan of freerolls because they are rarely much about poker just about wild luck but if you want to buld a bank roll for nothing then - well they are free so nothing to loose - just don't immagine the play will be the same even for micro stakes

A

alsorory

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls more difficult because you play with more people than normal

and many professional players are playing with you, so your chances are less to win

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls, but I have watched some videos where people said that freerolls are bad to learn poker concepts. Why do they say that? Do you agree?
Freerolls.png
Inadequate play of opponents People love it when they get something for free, and participation in a poker tournament is no exception. Because of this, thousands, and sometimes tens of thousands of people are registered in such events. They will go all-in against you on any two cards, there are no strategies and tactics here. Do not look for logic in the actions of your opponents, it simply does not exist.Any poker tactics, strategies or tricks in free tournaments are simply pointless. It is hard to practice adequate play here, as there is a solid pikhanin. In these tournaments, you can get used to playing too tight or over-aggressive, which will negatively affect your play at the cash tables. The misconception is that you can learn poker by playing freerolls. You can only do this if you come across directly with what it is like to play poker for real money.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

expect everything from the players of the free tournaments

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you try to build a bankroll from freerolls then you have to play against a lot of donks who goes all in with any cards. But if you have patience, you can earn money from nothing.

kamicaze

kamicaze

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

I'm practicing in freerolls, I see the improvement and I appreciate the posts from people who have already passed this stage.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Because there are more dirty spirit people in the world than clean.

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

I think that is why in those kinds of tournaments the variance is more often seen to hurt good hands. And many take advantage of that and do not mind playing bad hands knowing that it is free.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker

Because there's many kamikaze players maybe:))

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People feel entitled to win vs. bad play, but the odds are still the odds. This can make one bitter, and criticize the format.

If you go in with the right mindset, nothing wrong with them.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People say that because in freerolls people don't think and play absolutely without any pressure. Freerolls CardsChat are exceptions.

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The $50 freerolls on ACR are totally different from the CC freerolls.
Anytime you give people something for free, it will get distort reality IMHO.

Freeroll Passwords