Why people talk badly about freerolls

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As there is no investment on the part of the player, they play more carelessly and take more risks than they would in a tournament where they had to pay an entrance fee.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Because they are totally different from the real money tournaments. You can find there many bingo players and a large field.But you have to be patient when playing them if you want to get some money and with those earnings you can play real money games.In my case, I do like them!

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to say this.

I like passing time with freerolls and wish everyone would chat more during them. I mean I see folks timing out to let people bomb out. Why not trash talk a bit while you wait on these slow playing mo fos. :D

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are often an unrealistic view of how proper poker is actually played. As has been said, one tends to take more risks, especially off the start, if there is no investment. Again, once you make the money or at least close to the bubble, the level of play is significantly better (and tighter). There is still lots to learn, but early freerolls may leave you with some bad habits.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wanted to say this.

I like passing time with freerolls and wish everyone would chat more during them. I mean I see folks timing out to let people bomb out. Why not trash talk a bit while you wait on these slow playing mo fos.

No doubt..lol. if you see me (HUNGmungus) talk as much smack as you want to me, I would talk back :D. Idt they have chat on the tables for cc..idk
Good luck

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of people find it difficult to cash in them due to all the maniac play going on, causing them to dislike them and feel it is a waste of their time.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Perhaps these players who find it a "waste of time" need more incentive? Is there a side action thread for the freerolls, here? I think the players that do find a way to cash in freerolls (at least the CC trnys) realize that it's easy $ when folx are willing to go all in w/just Ax. Thanx. :icon_thum

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with SPANKIS, the free tournaments in the beginning less careful with the bets, as it arrives in pren = miação players tend to become more connected to their plays

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
On the contrary, I see free tournaments as an opportunity for beginners and gain experience at the same time

K

kioge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because the free tournament does not cost money, most players will not take it seriously. But it does provide novice players with accumulated experience at no cost and practice the strategies learned. When you accumulate some funds, you can slowly upgrade to micro Level of competition.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I disagree, poker freerolls from the site are an example of which you can say only good things. Everyone started with something, even the champions. Therefore, to a greater extent it depends on the person. As for me, freerolls on the hyper field give patience, some understanding of the psychology of behavior of different actions of the people and the opportunity to win.

B

BOBMUSSI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the contrary too, I see free tournaments as an opportunity for beginners and gain experience at the same time, and a good opportunity to build a bankroll to start in the pay tournaments!! GL.GL

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like freerolls, but I have watched some videos where people said that freerolls are bad to learn poker concepts. Why do they say that? Do you agree?
Freerolls.png

No they are the first gateway into learning basic Poker concept's, Sure you could jump in with both feet and deposit a couple of thousand Dollars to try and learn the best Poker has to offer, but if you want to learn the basic's start with the free-rolls or play money chips.
There are the idiot players at every level of the game and if you can survive them in free-rolls, eventually you get to play with more serious player's towards the end in large tournaments, and if you finish in the money, it may not be life changing but it is a start in the right direction.
Free-roll's allow you to win Free Money which can be used to buy-in to micro stake games, and then you can slowly progress into bigger and bigger buy-in game's, ever heard of the Turtle and Hare race, Poker is just like that, it is a Marathon not a Sprint race.
I started playing Holdem over 20 years ago and played the same way as I played 5 Card Draw which I have played with some success, for over 40 years, The games are as different as Chalk and Cheese, and it took me a while to understand where I was going wrong, but after a few weeks of studying top Professional players in videos, I changed my playing style and then started to make money from Free-rolls.
I still play them, not to become rich, but the simple truth is I enjoy playing Poker, winning or losing is not that important to me, What is important is I take pleasure in playing the game because I find it FUN!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, freerolls teach you to observe, to think. If you want to learn. And if your goal is just to shove any card at random, suddenly you will be lucky, then it's better to play the fool))

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally, I like them, because it is free, but it can make me upset because of the wild plays, and huge fields. Anything under 1K reg is okay.

Why they talk badly? Because they can't even beat that one....

LMB

LMB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All members

Hi, I'm Pharaoh Ramses 2 and I think that speaking ill of freerool doesn't make sense since it is the most useful option for a player who starts in poker, also; If they are dissatisfied with this type of registration, they should not participate directly.:ciao::icon_fara

Freeroll Passwords