Why people talk badly about freerolls

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the word "free" has some impact on freeroll tournaments. Free means you are not losing anything. You don't feel attached to the game as your money is not involved. And maybe that is the reason you play with hands that are not appropriate for the play. That maybe the reason people talk badly about freerolls.
Now consider another scenario. You are trying to build up a bank roll from these freerolls. I am sure you would be playing wisely which makes sense.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know why people speak badly about freerolls. I like freerolls.

J

jorik2006

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally, I have a bad opinion about those freerolls where anyone can participate. they go all-in without thinking. and of course, the prize money there is very, very plump. in such cases, you can not fill the initial bankroll.
but I play freerolls with limited access with pleasure

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In freerolls, anything can happen, and you don't give it importance as it costs you nothing.

Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
People have a bad opinion of freerolls because there is a very weak field and there are a lot of players who play any hands and go all in without hesitation hoping for luck. It spoils the game.

I personally love freerolls, only because I often cannot afford anything else (sadly). I usually play on wsop and the players are excellent--freeroll or not. WSOP is an excellent poker school, any ego one might have gets anhilated very fast LOL

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you realise what they are and that (in general terms) anyone could be playing them then they are fine. You have to adjust your play to suit the game.

Chigga3

Chigga3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you realise what they are and that (in general terms) anyone could be playing them then they are fine. You have to adjust your play to suit the game.

To be honest, the less money being staked the more loose people are willing to play, which can lead to a lot of “bingo” like situations when it comes to freerolls, I understand people see there is no risk factor to them losing money, so they call or raise on more hands than they normally would.

I guarantee if they are playing for a their money, people are less likely to do these silly all in raises and silly bets. Although you do still get the odd either inexperienced or just impatient players that go all in with any hand.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are many supposed reasons why people say they don't like freerols. but then the question arises why they play that anyway. is it maybe because you won’t win anything there? well it is not easy to win in freerols sometimes but mostly it is simply because you are too impatient and because you have nothing to lose because it is free you risk more than in normal tournaments

K

Kenorgcom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People talk badly about freerolls, maybe because of the free, or the payouts. I like them for both, so who cares.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls, but I have watched some videos where people said that freerolls are bad to learn poker concepts. Why do they say that? Do you agree?
Freerolls.png

You can learn, but no doubt otherworlds are the tournaments that have an entry fee.

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Because the mentality of some people is 'who gives a damn, it is a free tournament that doesn't cost anything'... and therefore they play differently than they normally would....

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its not that the freeroll are bad but the player did not take that serious and you play 4 hours too win 4$......when you play tournament who you have to pay its not the same game......

C

cotydys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They're good practice regardless of how others play, you need to play your game to get better. It is unfortunate that some become all in or nothing events but I havent come across that too often.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls are best place to travel on big adventure which will swallow you till the end of the time)))

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also feel you need skill to win freerolls. Its still poker and patience is required. Atack at the right moments.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very good, especially platinum-level people are friendly and it's interesting to play them, there are also good prizes here thanks cardchat

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you just have to take freerolls for what they are. A no risk, low reward game that some take seriously, and others don't

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that freerolls are a great way to learn the game without having to risk anything. Even better when there is a significant cash payout. However, the game is often a mix of people who don't try, do silly things or simply don't care.. But these are totally beatable players. You just have to do what you can to navigate through this "minefield"...

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls but then again I like to Donk Eh Donk to. LOL. I have a theory that if you play the last table the same as the first you can be very successful. By the time you get to the final table everyone is so tight that a little slap and tickle can get you a nice win or to.

C

carter2143

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
只要能進入免費賽前15%,遊戲中的玩家和付費玩家一樣優秀。

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's simple because players play anyway because it's freeroll, sometimes players aren't even bad, but they play anyway because they don't invest anything

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like freerolls, but I have watched some videos where people said that freerolls are bad to learn poker concepts. Why do they say that? Do you agree?
Freerolls.png

My experience is freerolls are a good introduction to the lowest microstakes, and if you can run deep in a freeroll where people are trying (e.g. CC games) you'll probably do alright in a $1-$3 buy-in MTTs. Anything above that buy-in and you're going to have to develop new skills and learn more than the basics, which becomes tough if you get into bad habits early (i.e. flatting/not raising enough, calling all-ins too light, opening hands you should never be playing, etc...).

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are different freerolls. In closed freerolls where there are few people and good prize money and also not a fast structure, I think you can successfully train to play.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Freerolls are useful for me.I play them every day.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls.png
Hi there, I think because a lot of players when play freerolls do not consider it seriously and play it as fun, that's why it is very hard to play with them because they are not serious and can't lose funds.

Freeroll Passwords