J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like freerols, you can learn a lot from them.
There are different types of players, different plays, some crazy ones that you won't find in paid tournaments.
More generally, you can play freerolls and they can be very profitable.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls

Why people complain about freerolls is beyond me, it costs nothing but your time. This is a blessing for people wth little or no money. I take advantage of many freerolls and ocassionally win a little which I am completely satisfied. If you do not like freerolls do not play and ruin it for everyone else. Again this costs nothing but your time so enjoy. Capo1014

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally think that you can actually improve your poker skills with freerolls. It's important to be able to 'read the room' and make adjustments accordingly to be able to maximize your odds of success in this game. I'm not an expert but I'm guessing the smart play is to wait for AA or KK early on---stay alive or maybe double up----while all the carnage and mayhem is going on in the early stages. Then things probably settle into more 'normal' poker when the players start worrying about making the money?

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't agree that freerolls are bad. On the contrary, I would advise you to start with them. How tournaments or freerolls are run depends more on the prize money and the players at your table. I didn’t notice much of a difference in the game when looking at tournaments with $ 2.20-20 $ buy-in and a good freeroll.

passat1600

passat1600

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The freeroll becomes interesting when you get into the prize zone and at the beginning of the freeroll you need to play very neatly, many players go all-in because they hope for luck and want to increase their bankroll at the start or lose knowing that they don’t lose anything. Freerolls taught me to play against all-in ;)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they probably say it because in a freeroll people will play more loose and aggressive than they would in a game that has a buy in .

in my personal opinion freerolls rock and you can still learn decent poker by playing them

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned a lot by playing a lot of freerolls. You learn by making mistakes and you can do that better with free tournaments. It is true that you only learn something when you progress in a freeroll. In the beginning, there are many players who try to score quickly with bad cards and don't mind being knocked out of the tournament. Once these players are out of the tournament and the more serious players remain, you can gain a lot of experience and learn.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played lots of freerols, but now I play few of them. CC games are the best, with some really good players and there we all can learn a lot. And of course we can get some free money.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The level of play in free rolls is generally lower than in normal tournaments, but that is good for anyone trying to make money in them.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say most of the freerolls are just wasting of time. But CC freerolls are exceptions because even being itm has a huge value. Playing it day by day you can make a decent bankroll which you can spend on playing micro limits.

Anyway freerolls are good to learn rules of the games. But playing it all the time and try learn some technicals stuff is in my opinion a bad thing. You can learn many bad things which people are doing, and you can have a bad habits from it. It's always better to play something for real cash and try to learn some stuff, because in freerolls your fold equity is much lower than in normal games. And you can't clearly say that you strategy works. Most of the time it just doesn't.

Anyway I would avoid playing freerolls for 2000+ players where 1st place is like 15$ and just being itm is like 5 cents. It's just senseless to play it.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing freerolls will not be able to learn to play better. with their stupid decisions, opponents will only crush and break your game. Microlimits are similar shit.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like freerolls, but I have watched some videos where people said that freerolls are bad to learn poker concepts. Why do they say that? Do you agree?
Freerolls.png

To a certain degree, I do agree that Freeroll's can give you the wrong idea about playing Poker, and the reason is simple, If they have nothing to lose, then shoving all-in will not cost them anything but the game if they do lose.
Saying that, playing Tournaments can also give you the wrong strategy, when it comes to playing Cash games, they are two totally different game's. and need to be approached differently.
Freeroll's Give you the opportunity to play and win real cash, which can then be used to buy-into other games like bigger tournaments, Sit and Goes, and even Cash Games, but whatever you choose to play, they all have a different strategy, and need to be approached in a different way.
Freeroll's let you do this without it costing you an arm and a leg to practice playing different game formats.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.probably, they respond badly because there are a lot of players who play poker like roulette.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the freeroll. The Cardschat Freerolls i like very much to play. But others where are thousands of players with a small Price pool i completely dont like it is only bingo

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because players on freerolls players stars to play like they playing roulette and start shoving 100bb with 83os or bad hand just because its a freeroll

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it all depends on the freeroll home game freerolls and cardschat freerolls r a great way to learn and play others is just like some one said bingo

LoveAndPoker

LoveAndPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerols, you can make money. And those who speak badly, apparently do not know how to play) But of course there are also wounded freerolls.

I

InsomniacCat

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls.
In freerolls you can improve your game skills and earn some money without any risk.:)

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I Think because they havent got a patient mode, and they boring playing couple of hours for 0,55 $ of win.

Most players would like to win a big money in poker in quite litlle time :d

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
PERSONALLY THE freerolls HAVE TAUGHT ME A LOT, AND I IMPROVED MY GAME THANKS TO THEM, THOSE FROM CARDSCHAT THE BEST GREAT GAME GREAT LEVEL PLAYERS ...:D

windstaressf

windstaressf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls

I like freerols, you can learn a lot from them.

It because in a freeroll people will play more loose and agressive than they wold in a game that has a buy in.

You can play freerolls and they can be very profitable.

windstaressf:jd4:

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to be patient as people play to loose

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try being in the last table off 9k player freeroll and see if good or not!

A

archilazy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because players on freerolls players stars to play like they playing roulette and start shoving 100bb with 83os or bad hand just because its a freeroll
totally agree

Freeroll Passwords