When you reach the final table. What do you think?

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I reach final table I always check lobby to see how much first place is. Then play and pray �� ��
Ommm....

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends if you are in the final position of the table you don't have much to do, QQx kk cooler and you are at the top of your range.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally made final table, be wary of the sneak attack..

When I'm at the final table my thought is:" "I hope my luck holds, and nobody sneak-attacks me with 2 pair or trips." My other thought is, "playing long enough to make the final table is a lot more exhausting than I anticipated, it is super draining, mentally."

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said the final table is all about stack sizes and positions. So the first thing, I always do, is to take note of, where the bigger stacks relative to mine are sitting, and if there are short stacks, who are just about to bust. If 3 players have less than 10BB, and I have 25BB, then this is not the time, I want to collide with a big stack.

I also kind of like to lean back a little for the first hands to pick up some reads on the other players. Of course I am not folding a premium hand, but if I have some very marginal holdning, I might prefer to just let it go and let someone else collide first. After all you can not win the final table in the first 2-3 hands, but you can lose it. So this is not the time, where I will go for a light rejam with A4s against someone, who was just moved from the other table, so that I have no reads on him.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you can play a little looser and more aggressive on the final table because a lot of people are tense, so it's easy to take advantage of. But it's also worth changing the style of play here so they won't know you.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that from the middle stage of the tournament to the final table, you should play tight and aggressively. Also letting go of thoughts to do their thing.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The final table is the pinnacle of many hours of struggle, it's great. I think it's impossible to do this without luck. I think really good thoughts about this only come at a very late stage of any tournament. Thinking about it in advance is not a good idea.. Of course, the strategy of the final table will necessarily differ from the game of the entire tournament. It is wrong to fold a lot of hands and only play all in.. The range should be very wide, as at the start of the tournament. But you should not enter the fight with a very high bid :) Of course, it is impossible to ignore your stack in the tournament, and if it is the smallest or lower than average, you can not play wide and aggressive, you only need to put all in unfortunately...

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very dangerous to play all in on the final table. With each new place, you get more money. You have to play a tight aggressive style. Make the right raises.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've made the final table in a few tournaments. And the most tedious thing is dealing with fatigue. If the prize is not very big, I have risked too much, but more for the desire to finish than for the game. Sleep and fatigue are not good company for the poker player ...:cool::cool:

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others here I first look at the stack sizes and then the payouts. Generally the big money is in the top 3 spots so my goal is to reach the final 3. I try to avoid playing a hand against any monster stacks while I look for a chance to go after a medium stack. I think the medium stacks cause their owners to play with caution because they have a chance to make a pay jump. That makes them a good target for a raise.

While aggression is a must to reach to final 3 you also need to be willing to fold. I have folded QQ when 2 small stacks shoved and a monster stack followed up with a shove. Entering a 4 way pot for all my chips made no sense so I folded. The big stack had AK, flopped a K and took out the small stacks. We all increased our winnings by 2 jumps and I was still in the game.

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the final table, you always have to start from the stack, are there players with much less. Sometimes you should even throw out AA if the jump in prize money is very high for you.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My stack, related to the others, will tell me what to think.

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a lot of tournaments that I play, 1st place pays about 10x more than 9th place. Therefore, I always aim for 1st place.

I also pay attention to see which players have very short stacks and are trying to climb the pay ladder one step at a time. I try to be extra aggressive against those players.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think to myself "this is now a one-table sit and go; play it like that." It's a lot easier to ladder if you play it that way.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I have a big stack then I start playing aggressively and try to make few mistakes in order to get a high place.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am not the chip leader, what happens rarely on FTs, I play tight, yesterday, fall in the same mistake, I just doubled up, so hoped I can represent some strong hands and steal few more blinds, as everybody was under 20BB, I had more than the average stack, the short stack from mid position went allin (with 2BB that can be anything), so I went allin from the button with J9s, of course the BB had KK, and even got a KK10 flop.... these situations are quiet common for me, that is why i prefer to play tight, won less, but have more 2nd and 3rd place.... actually it is something like 30 wins, 80-85 2nd place, and around 80 3rd place.... I think, I would not have more money, if I would play the FTs differently, probably the stats would be different, but in this way less head ache, less swearing because of the 1-3 cards fall in rivers... and those are coming more often than you think...

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I think "finally, what do I do to win it?!"

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
I think then that I did a great job and it's time to win. The final tables are always going very well for me, I don't know why but I usually go to HU. Maybe because the focus reaches 200% when the chance of winning is just a step away.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When I reach the final table I think how to get a first place and try to be calm and patient. Depends from the stack if I am short trying to survive and play only with premium hands, if I have a big stack trying to steal blinds and play with the wide ranges of the hand.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I play my normal game that got me there, but I usually am not too interested in playing a big pot until 2-3 players bust out.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When i reach it in first time is some kind of pleasure of that i make it to the final table and then i start to thinking how to beat the other players and ship the MTT!

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Generally I will be abit more passive than usual and play right aggressive

P

Panda19977

Rock Star