What you do with AA?

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider it slow playing when I raise only one BB in no limit poker with AA. I want people to call, but I also want them to pay for the chance they will crack my AA, and to make it harder for them to fold on the flop when I don’t want them to. If there might be a flush draw, once in awhile I will let them have odds to call on the flop, then go all in on the turn. Surprising how many call my all in.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to reveal my secrets in poker. maybe tomorrow we will play at the same table, why should I open all my habits?)))

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
aggressive I don't want them to get into the pot with par of 66 and they beat me

mimietmour

mimietmour

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also fint it hard to play that hand, slowlyyyyyy or BB raise that is the question. I will play that hand differently each time feeling the vibe of the table before. If I play online and an agressive player is ont it I might go all in fast to have him or her follow me... and you how do you play it?

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also lost a lot of money with the rockets. And I remember one thing: Don`t slowplay;
Don`t get too attached to my hand;
The fewer opponents in the hand, the better;
AA is not " immortal."
AA is the starting hand №1. But this is only on preflop. Everything changes in the post-flop, and if you don't get into the set, you will only have one pair.

And I will always ask myself: "Okay, what can my opponent have that beats me?" and thus try to figure out what hand he might have. If I slowplay my aces to the end, I don't think, that the opponent will pay for my push or over-bet on the river with A-high or with any one pair after that?

Because these will be the only hands I will still hit to river. If my opponent calls, I can safely say goodbye to my stack, because there will rarely be anything worse than two pairs.

B

binalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry for my english,
if i play on big table (6-9Players) i bet/rise with AA, min. 3rd blind.
if i play with 2 or 3 Plaeyers i go all in......maybe ))))

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short stacked (>25bb) I'll usually open shove from any position. More than 25bb I open using my standard bet size (usually 3bb). Against limpers I raise (3bb+1bb per limper). The only time I'll limp behind is if there's a maniac still left to bet and I think that it's likely he will either shove all in or that I will be able to trap him when he 3bets. When deciding whether or not to 3bet or 4bet preflop is very situation dependant. The short answer is that if it's likely to be a heads up pot then I'm looking to get as much of my stack in as I can preflop.Which means 3&4bet very often. Pots that are likely to be played multi-way I much prefer to call and see a flop before putting a lot of chips in the pot. In those situations I will very rarely 3&4bet preflop. The reason for this is simple. Against one opponent your aces have about 80% equity (chance of winning) when the aces are up against two opponents the equity drops to about 60% and when there's three or more opponents you become more likely to lose the hand then you are to win it. If or when I can't get it all in preflop I'll often play my hand a bit cautiously. Especially in the multi-way pots Choosing to check and call much of the time unless my hand improves relative to the board. With all that said (and I know it was a lot) one of the most important things if not the most important thing is recognizing when to give up on the hand. It may sound easy but it's the one thing that took me the longest to learn and even now it can be quite difficult to do. Whatever equity the hand had preflop doesn't mean anything once the flop comes and depending on the board texture and the opponents aggression there are many times when you have to throw your aces away

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once I won with AA, today I lost again. How you play with AA? You go all-in, or do you act like you have nothing at all?

The first, and most important, draw of your aces should always be profitable. This hand does not have the right to be the losing in your base, on the contrary, it must be the most winning hand.

But just playing AA plus is not enough. We must always make sure that we win the maximum with aces when we are ahead, and of course, avoid comparisons of our AAs with sets, a flush on the river, etc.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely playing aggressively, it's worth bet 3-4BB regardless of position. And if there's an Allin situation, it's going to be played.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise, but usually not all in. I might go all in in a tournament if I have only a few big blinds left and a good position.

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like AA game

With AA in my hands I like to play very aggressively trying to extract the greatest amount of chips from my opponents

B

binalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA i go all in, always won until now.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I go all in, I win the blinds...when I slow play to build the pot, I end up losing to 8,6 offsuit when my opponent flops 8,6,2. So, with AA, I either win very little or lose a lot.

marcopero14

marcopero14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 BB bet in early position , at BTN or SB just limp usually

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the situation and how many players participate in the hand

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 BB bet in early position , at BTN or SB just limp usually
I agree and I’m a fish.
You only want to take on one person.
But if two come along, not what I wanted but will go with it.
A unconnected board and I shove.
Marco, what’s your thoughts on what I just said?

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc I fold.
All-in only with 72o.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lose more often then not if I go all in or I collect just the blinds, that sucks when you have AA.
So I like to start with a large bet ( 5BB) and hope to get one caller then see from there. Chances are they have a pair also just see how they play. before I commit to all in.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on position, play aggressive or play allin

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise 2-2.5bb. Re-raise if it has been raised in front of me.

Depends on how deep the stacks are when considering shoving all in and where in the tournament we sit.

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try not to get greedy , simply build the pot preflop and play the numbers. If in an interesting phase like bubble or heads up I might vary though to deceive my opponent.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the strongest hand on the preflop, which loses some of its potential on the flop if it doesn't get stronger, and on the turn and river it can become a problem at all, because it is a strong enough hand and it is difficult to reset it.

When I get aces, I play differently depending on the opponents, the stage and type of game and my past actions, the main thing to remember is that building a trap with aces, you can get hooked yourself.:)

marcopero14

marcopero14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree and I’m a fish.
You only want to take on one person.
But if two come along, not what I wanted but will go with it.
A unconnected board and I shove.
Marco, what’s your thoughts on what I just said?

Often a continuous bet after flop but depends of type of players involved on the pot.