What place do Freerolls fit in your gaming list?

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.freerolls are always on top, mate, especially the CC ones and the ones from 888.By playing them, you don´t need to deposit frequently and you can play the real money tournaments you want thanks to your freeroll earnings.After 11 years playing online poker ,I still love them.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
they take a big part of my playing because i`m trying to build my bankroll most of it on them and small buy in tourneys

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a limit on my deposits, so freerolls are a very important part of my gaming because I often find myself without any funds in my poker account.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Freerolls are amazing, winning money just like that.

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing all the freerolls I can find to get a bankroll going. Won a couple but lost all the money after that. Need to get a lot better at bankroll management.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What place do freerolls take in your gaming life? Someone constantly earns it? Or does it maintain its bankroll this way? Maybe someone started by playing freerolls, but now they don't play them at all, works at high limits?
Freerolls are +EV all other poker that has a buy in is - EV for the majority due to rake.
The size of your roll does not change this fact simple as that.
Putting in volume in freerolls is important to me because of this think that is where most players slip up they win a decent roll move on to the buy ins and stop playing freerolls!:eek:
Missing out on all that +EV value dollar here dollar there without risk which adds up over the years probably thinking they are to good for freerolls many players will be back after a downswing when they should have avoided buy ins on days they were tired,tilted or stressed and should have only played freerolls on those days instead.
Think the best long term strategy is to play freerolls fanatically lots of volume regardless of how high the games you are playing the good freerolls anyway on as many sites as possible!

Last edited:
10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are freeroll that I really like to play it even though I have bankroll to play tournaments and cash without problems, I have a very special deal with these free tournaments, because from there I have been able to make bankroll and play with real money, but when there are many players signed up in a freeroll I don't play it, I prefer freeroll with few players, because it is a bit tiring to play too much, unless it is a huge tournament with big prizes, for example last week there was a 888poker freeroll tournament with a guaranteed $100000 guaranteed, it was crazy, almost 18 thousand players registered, but it was worth it for the tremendous prize.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time, reward factors

If I have time to play it out until ITM, it determines a lot. The site-pecific huge # of entries to win a tiny bit, don't play those unless I have 3 hours to kill and feel super lucky.
The Cardschat free-rolls, are the best, its not such a huge time commitment. They are worth playing, despite the degree of difficulty, (top 27=ITM)
The in-between free-rolls, that don't pay like Cardschat, but only have a few hundred entries, I like playing them, you care more because it's shorter, but you're not crushed when you lose, when the min cash is a dime or so.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment freerolls are in the first place for me.

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, i try to play freerolls more often, this is a great way to increase your bankroll

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, freerolls are on the first place, except for them I play at small stakes, I can play in freerolls, because there is no need to invest money there and you play freely, making the right decisions during the game.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Free-rolls are a great way to learn Poker, Yes you get the idiot all-in shoves, early on from players who just don't give a damn, but once they are gone, the game settles down for the more advanced players, and play's like any other poker game.
For some players, even $20 Dollars from the $100 Dollar Cardschat free-roll can be as much as a day's wage, for other's it is just Pocket change, but it is not why I play them, for me it is the pleasure I get from playing "The Cadillac of all poker games".
I have built some small but decent Bankrolls playing Free-rolls, and they then pay for my Low-stake games, When I am in the mood for playing, Last year I set myself a challenge to double my pokerstars Bankroll before Christmas, which I smashed, and since last Christmas I have almost trebled it, but I only play the odd buy-in game, most of the time I just play the Cardschat free-roll games, because I enjoy playing Poker, without it costing me a small fortune.
For me Cardschat has been a Godsend during this Covid Pandemic, and has helped me to stay safe and sane, playing a game I love, purely for fun.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

regata123

regata123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Specifically , I will not answer this question . When there is an opportunity , I play paid tournaments . When this is not possible , I play freerolls .

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if my bank roll didn't need it, I would still likely play free rolls for fun.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the freerolls, I won't bother much with the main ipoker freerolls for example, but 888, some of them are quite rewarded to min cash, and if I'm honest never try hard in freerolls. its just like Oh I have AJ / KQ I'll throw it in, if u double on 888 your gtd a min cash, at that point u can close it down if u really wanted to, or u could go for a bit better then a min cash, theres some decent uniques out there, an example of 1 is there's a site that do a freeroll that gives away 10 euro in tickets, 1st 2nd and 3rd get 2euro ticket and 4th 5th 6th and 7th get a 1euro ticket, theres no let reg and its a turbo 5mins blinds, so whoever gets in has a decent chance as theres usually only 65-100 players running so you getting a ticket quite often and they run several of them each day, I don't often do them but I know they're there. TBH freerolls for me can sometimes just be an escape, aka I can tilt my stack off in freerolls... and tbh freerolls have the most annoying types of players too, like they call off top pair with a 3 kicker 1 hand then u think F it call this then and they turn over KK, or they just call a load of poo and consistently crack your hands. Used to like finding sites that rewarded raking too like bronze level freeroll etc you know the ones, there was 1 I found a while ago but it switched network and stopped doing it, but there was also a points freeroll too, so u could do x rake and get a decent daily freeroll as well as spend the pts U got for another daily freeroll, with being a decent winning player anyways with all these added bonsues my bankroll playing 50c games I could easily float with £20-£30 and in most cases without freerolls I could float with £30 anyways but everynow and then -£30 downswings was possible, these basically kept me a float many times. but sites change, but these sites are rich they can afford to give us good freerolls, I hate sites that just give freerolls and 1k-3K entries, and rather grinders get the reward for the decent ones at least and then give the odd crappy 1 to the community. say $50 shared between 3-4K players is poo, but $50 shared between 50-200 people is good.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMAO I just realised my grammer and no paragraphs there make for a bad read and someone is gonna gauge their eyes out.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love freerolls for two reasons.

1) By far the main reason is because you can win something but you don't have to pay anything for the chance at it. No, it might not be a lot of money compared to a real money event, that's a fact yes... but why not look at the ROI instead (ROI = Return on Investment). Our ROI in real money tournaments is usually quite low... but if we look at freerolls, guess what we find? Our ROI is INFINITE, because dividing our winnings by zero (our cost) is INFINITY (or, if you want to get technical, it is "undefined").

So from an ROI standpoint, freerolls are 100% unbeatable by any other format. :D

And the second reason that few ever point out is... in real money tournaments, we face completely random opponents almost all of the time. In other words... we have almost no "reads" on our opponents, and so we learn to just play a default strategy with little adjusting to our opponents. Yes we do see "regulars", but this isn't terribly common unless you are lucky (and rich) enough to be playing at the higher stakes.

Again, just like ROI... freerolls are at the complete opposite end of the spectrum (and I'm talking CardsChat freerolls here of course)... what we encounter in freerolls is that we play against the same players, night after night. Almost every player at our tables are "regulars"... and the beauty of this is that freerolls is the place where we can learn to take good notes on how our opponents play, and these notes are actually useful each night if they are seated at our table. By using our notes, freerolls then can teach us how to exploit our opponents tendencies, which is at the very heart of what being a "good poker player" really means... the best poker players "exploit" these opponent's tendencies, they learn how to adjust properly to ensure a winning strategy. In real money tournaments, we rarely get such opportunity to practice these skills, because we rarely face the same players every night and it takes a LOT of tournaments before we have built up good notes and good reads with such a large player base. It does happen eventually but it takes months and years before we have sufficient hand history with random players. In freerolls, we can build up reads in a matter of days or weeks, and thus we can be learning this critical skill of how to adjust to different players much quicker, and we get to practice it each night. Practice makes perfect!!

Hope this helps, my opinions obv! Good luck at the tables.

Last edited:
C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play multiple tables at the same time and my bankroll still doesn't allow me to play multiple buy in tournament at once, so, I usually play freerolls that are happening at the same time. I just don't play those small prize freerolls with thousands players, because I just don't think it worth the time.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment, mostly freerolls, but I do not lose hope that it will be possible to allocate time for training, from freerolls I will accumulate a bankroll and move at least to micro-stakes)

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all ! before, I practically did not pay attention to freerolls, but now I study their charts and structures and play them all the time !!!

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it is difficult to force yourself to study, read books about poker or watch useful videos, it seems that you already know everything and are able to, you are ready for the battle, but there is one problem - that is BANKROL, THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO PLAY IN FREEROLLS AND THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OF ADEQUATES, go online with garbage and often win, they are not afraid to lose their stack, since they did not pay blinds ,,,
and you think to fill your Bankroll, this is all dreams and fantasies,
You need to learn to play and think, make conclusions to raise your level of play - but this is to read books, read notes, and watch poker lessons, and maybe then you will be lucky

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
freerolls are important for me. First there is +EV, second there are so many offered at PS and 888. Especially CC freerolls with a high quality of players. My time is limited and I play poker for fun so why to spend money for a MTT. The money I win at freerolls I loose than at cash games. But I see now an increase in avoiding mistakes and bankroll

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've become a freeroll junkie. You can't make a lot of money with them, but over the past, I have earned enough with them, to be able to use the winning for buy-ins, where I have done well.

At the very least, they are great for practice, once you get passed the "all-in fest" at the beginning of most of them.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have created a healthy bankroll mainly because of CardsChat freerolls , nowadays I still play many freerolls alongside with paid MTTs , I want to have volume because I perform better that way.

Have fun!

Freeroll Passwords