What place do Freerolls fit in your gaming list?

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What place do freerolls take in your gaming life? Someone constantly earns it? Or does it maintain its bankroll this way? Maybe someone started by playing freerolls, but now they don't play them at all, works at high limits?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on the free roll.

If you join Cards Chat (as opposed to most open free rolls) you will find a fairly small field at Silver Level and then an even tighter field at Platinum level. When playing at Platinum Level on pokerstars you will find several players with badges on their avatar denoting they have played anywhere from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of real hands on PS.

Which means they still see value in the free rolls available.

Regarding Cards Chat, numerous members have used free rolls to establish bankrolls across several sites. My personal belief is the free rolls are great testing grounds.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I have time I try to play all the possible freerolls, all the cardschat are a luxury, eternally grateful to cardschat:):) ,, at 888 poker I play their freerolls a lot because it is a place where it is very easy to achieve a fast bankroll and it helps me since everything I lose it in sports betting:p:p:D:D:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have everything together)).
I started with freerolls, probably everyone started with them, I support the bankroll with freerolls.
When there is a bankroll, I play card account freerolls on weekends for $ 300, while for me these are the best freerolls.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very little. I am not allowed to play freerolls on sites, that are regulated in my country, such as PokerStars, 888 Poker and partypoker. This is because, our government beleive, that any kind of incentives might make people gamble more, which the government consider to be bad. And to be fair the only reason, why sites offer freerolls, is to make people come to the site more often and then also play other games. So they do have some kind of point ;)

I could play freerolls on unregulated sites like ACR or Betonline, but I am generally not interested in those. They tend to either run late at night in my timezone or be for completely insignificant money. I have played the CC freeroll on ACR once and managed to score a small cash :)

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
still playing freerolls platinum/silver on CardsChat only and some freerolls on Pokerstars when I see value on those

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

I play up to $ 5 tournaments, but I still play freerolls

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What place do freerolls take in your gaming life?

freeroll games are a twilight zone where the usual poker laws do not apply.It's not worth wasting your nerve on them...although some people manage to build a bankroll on freerolls

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Very little. I am not allowed to play freerolls on sites, that are regulated in my country, such as PokerStars, 888 Poker and PartyPoker. This is because, our government beleive, that any kind of incentives might make people gamble more, which the government consider to be bad. And to be fair the only reason, why sites offer freerolls, is to make people come to the site more often and then also play other games. So they do have some kind of point ;)

I could play freerolls on unregulated sites like ACR or Betonline, but I am generally not interested in those. They tend to either run late at night in my timezone or be for completely insignificant money. I have played the CC freeroll on ACR once and managed to score a small cash :)

That's unfortunate fundiver199.

I can see how grinding at every freeroll available is not that appetizing but the weekend CC big tourneys are exciting and some heavy hitters drop in to play (as I noted above).

I can sort of understand the governments restrictive approach but at the same time think for some who learnt online then joined CC to build a bankroll via freerolls its actually quite a sensible environment. You need patience and discipline to build bankrolls in this manner!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can sort of understand the governments restrictive approach but at the same time think for some who learnt online then joined CC to build a bankroll via freerolls its actually quite a sensible environment. You need patience and discipline to build bankrolls in this manner!

I certainly dont think, its great either, especially since it also include any other kind of promotions or rewards like rake-back, challenges and so on. It basically mean, I pay the same rake as other people, but without getting anything back, as they do. So thanks a lot government for quite literally nothing :D

As for sites like ACR or Betonline the main reason, I dont play CC freerolls there, is my timezone. On ACR they start at 2 am or 11 pm in the weekends, and since they last at least 3 hours, thats way to late for me. The CC freerolls on sites like PokerStars or 888 are scheduled much better for european players starting typically at 7 pm or 8 pm. So it just suck for me, that I am not allowed to play them :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most of them started with a freeroll among those who are now high-stakes pros.

It’s pretty rough if someone thinks “I’m going to be a pokerstar now” and starts the thousands of dollars a day grind and all this without zero knowledge and practice, effectively.

Freerolls are great opportunities to practice and learn the basics of the game.

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love free rolls but the thing I come across is limited screen space for games. So a freeroll with small prize pool gets shuffled to the bottom of the list

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are the best, making money from nothing.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What place do freerolls take in your gaming life? Someone constantly earns it? Or does it maintain its bankroll this way? Maybe someone started by playing freerolls, but now they don't play them at all, works at high limits?

When you reach a certain size of bankroll and start playing higher cost, I think u can abandon freerolls, bus just if you manage to keep at least the bankroll you reach.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can find some good CC freerolls on Pokerstars , but you have to get Platinum in CC

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So far I have only silver status. I hope to get platinum soon. That would be great

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not going to lie and say I didn't join Cardschat for the opportunity to get access to the wonderful freerolls here. Freerolls are a great place to practice and hone your skills, and if you can build a bankroll by doing it, more power to you.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes I think it is a habit of many players even if they have made deposits or won something in the freeroll and aida yes they still play freerolls

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really enjoy playing freerolls. It is convenient because you do not need money for this and it is not at all scary to lose. Moreover, you can replenish your pocket with money. True, this money is not much, but it is possible to collect a good amount on the sly.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far not at all, but I'm hoping to start playing some. :):)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Annette Oberstad started her poker career from freeroll winnings. I, myself, have started rolls at multiple sites from freerolls back in the day. I still like playing in them, especially CC freerolls. There's certainly nothing wrong w/making some free bux. :rock:

Freeroll Passwords