What place do Freerolls fit in your gaming list?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Annette Oberstad started her poker career from freeroll winnings. I, myself, have started rolls at multiple sites from freerolls back in the day. I still like playing in them, especially CC freerolls. There's certainly nothing wrong w/making some free bux. :rock:

Yup, and top pros such as Nathan Williams and Kahle Burns have also been open about their early days with play chips.

People tend to assume a poker culture exists everywhere - it doesn't. For many the path to learning the game was with play chips and I am eternally grateful for the fact I could jump on line and find my feet in poker!

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If possible, I do not miss freerolls, they help to maintain a bankroll, and provide an opportunity to hold tournaments in home clubs with your friends, compete, and train.

M

mamapokera1997

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play all the time when there is no way to make a deposit

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are high on my list. I always play freerolls.

mardi1987

mardi1987

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
So far I have played 1000+ freerolls. I would have more if 888 had not restricted in my state. I made hundreds of dollars from them but sometimes they are hard to play

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What place do freerolls take in your gaming life? Someone constantly earns it? Or does it maintain its bankroll this way? Maybe someone started by playing freerolls, but now they don't play them at all, works at high limits?
If you decide to play freerolls, please take time and patience. It will take a lot of hitting the prizes to make a bankroll. Often you will have to endure moving - newcomer rivals play randomly. In such situations, it is very useful to resort to the indicators of opponents statistics, which are displayed in the had.

B

buckaclown

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play when i can, Rake tournament structure is my favorite.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are first step for 98% of players... and a good number keep playing for life

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play at pokerstars. I try to play freerolls every day. I managed to win a couple of times, which is a good boost to my bankroll.

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What place do freerolls take in your gaming life? Someone constantly earns it? Or does it maintain its bankroll this way? Maybe someone started by playing freerolls, but now they don't play them at all, works at high limits?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi!:)
For me, freerolls are now in 1st place, because I'm a beginner! They help to earn money for the game for abi 1-5.When it turns out to get good prize money ($500-1000) with MTT, then I play in micro limits.Freerolls are a kind of airbag.);)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to mix in freerolls with buyins to fill a session.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls take second place for me. First place is taken by bounty, when there is a pot I play them

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play the cardschat freeroll. Very rarely anything else

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they fall within my mtt buy-in range of $0 - $2.20 mtts, but they're not important for me to play. i'll register and play them if i can or if i want to, but they're not important to me.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To begin with, it's worth understanding why you need poker)) I think for most and for me also it's just to take money, that doesn't belong to anyone :) Free money)) It's very rude, but I think it's true) I didn't quite understand the question, but freerolls are part of the game and only tournaments with their own nuances ;)

Any novice poker player starts the game with freerolls after he loses his first deposit)))

Freerolls allow you to play calmly and absolutely not worry about the money, that you don't pay)) You can log into the game at any time, in any state and play. When you pay, you can't and shouldn't treat the tournament stupidly..

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!
As for me, I like freerolls, I try to play more often, and besides, replenishment of the bankroll without investment.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, you can build a nice bankroll with freerolls. It just takes time because the profits are not that high. But if you enjoy it, nothing speaks against it. You have to be aware, however, that freerolls are played a little differently than buy-in tournaments. In freerolls you mostly meet beginners and people who don't even know what they are doing. They play loose and often they go all in preflop with all possible hands even though they still have enough chips. That's why you can go all in with your power hands AQ +, TT + preflop. If you just raise you will run into a lot of callers. The problem with this is that even if you have aces you don't want to play a multiwaypot. Your chance of winning the pot is then often less than 50%. If you go all in, you will get a lot of players to fold. And one of them usually calls with a worse hand than you anyway. In buy-in tournaments, of course, nobody wants to waste their money, so nobody will go all in preflop with arbitrary hands. Here you also have to play tighter and here you can just raise.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The freerolls are in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on my list hehe, I never stop playing them, it helps me maintain or increase my bankroll while I play a tournament where I have to pay, but I play more freerolls, I don't know if I always win, but something I win and everything always adds up

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are where it's at. You just can't beat to opportunity to play games and make money for free no matter how small the prize. You just never know where it can lead you to once you pick up some pocket change.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are always on my game list

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have built my (admittedly small) bankroll purely on freerolls. I'm pretty happy with that as it means I am getting free entertainment.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I play all the platinum freerolls that I can, they are entertaining and not very long.
the weekends especially

JohnWayne329

JohnWayne329

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These ones that give some money :)

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls have very high place in my game list because I play usually not much but I think if you play freerolls you can't loose some money, it can be only better :)

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Freerolls take up the bulk of my time for me. I do not have the opportunity to replenish my deposits every time. But until I learn to control myself, I will not be able to play tournaments for cash. After winning a small amount of money in a freeroll, during the week I lose all the money in other tournaments.

Freeroll Passwords