lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I try to wait for better cards or I don't play any more that day. Nothing else helps.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
when I'm doing poorly in poker, after I calm down due to leaving the tournament or something like that, I don't do anything :), I'm just waiting for luck to return or for bad luck to disappear :).... and this happens pretty quickly:)

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend's credit card. That's what would help.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You must be patient, breathe and calm down, that will help you not to make hasty or wrong decisions. Greetings

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A break, because several failures in a row, makes me depressed and I am no longer able to think over my decisions, in a word I go on tilt:confused:

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Plain and simple, 3 Options:

1. Keep calm, patient and keep playing if your long-term numbers show you that you are generally a winning player. Try to lose the least you can during your bad run.

2. If you're generally a losing player, seek information and help. In 2022 there are unlimited resources where you can gather knowledge from, in order to improve your game. Winning poker players are winning for a reason and the reason is that they have managed to get an edge over others.

3. If you don't have the drive and resilience to get better, just stop, do something else, save your money. Go find another profession. Obsess over something else that makes you wake up fresh next morning, impatient to start your day.

Obviously there's unlimited other options that you could choose doing like taking a break, going on holiday, help people around, look after your family, spend quality time with loved ones, clear up your mind in whatever way works for you, read, learn, practice. I only suggested professional choices.

Find your balance.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
get up,walk around, do some yoga in between hands

H

Hedz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just go and do something else for a bit, a movie or TV even gym, but once you feel your limits being reached always walk away

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I try to get out and play after a couple of hours, or the next day, to remove the stress, and the losing streak... :cool:

gumelazo

gumelazo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
start my day walking in the morning to stay focus

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blufing

always bluffs, if the cards don't come, if the game doesn't help. in these cases it's the legitimate game of poker for life when nothing is going well to pretend everything is ok.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check the opponents at the table a lot, and then notice who the bad opponent is to get immediate feedback.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shut down my PC and go to sleep .tomorrow is a new day

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Relax and go for a walk and be in nature, listen to some good music

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take a break from poker until the next day!

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I will take a break, relax, play some video game and try again later. Usually when i am at a bad streak it tends to last (probably my tilt, mindset)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've had good and bad times, I've reached the final table several times, winning, or getting among the nines, I've already stopped entering the final table, sometimes because I'm too eager or hasty, I usually analyze how many players there were in the tournament and how I arrived, whether I was in first or tenth, I always take a break or rest, and come back again.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing at a final table doesn't bother me as much anymore. But if it bothers me to lose in bubbles or hands that I lose winning and luck turns around.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually stop playing for a few minutes or a while I see what I'm doing wrong I try not to make the same mistakes

“Success is the ability to go from defeat to defeat without losing your enthusiasm.”

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally feel that "running bad" it is all in the head, it is very easy to get frustrated, which makes you play worse, hence making the bad run last longer than it should.

Analyse your play, was it really a bad run, cooler situations, or did you just play the hands badly.

Take a break, use the time to study poker instead.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to either play less and work on improving my game, or if I think I am playing well then I try to just play through the pain.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are worried, nervous, you need to drink half a glass of cold water.

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go bust. Personally I lost my motivation, I find it quite unfair at some points when I keep losing pretty much every flips in critical spots. Since these are the freerolls mostly, I don't mind it actually. Let it go.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it will be enough to make a short pause, for example, you can listen to music, but in general, the most important thing is to try not to make mistakes in the game and make the right decisions, then tilt will be practically excluded