What Helps When You're Running Bad?

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

Fear always helps. Fear for health, fear not to be in time somewhere and so on. Fear is a very powerful motivator.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nothing but taking a break. the longer the better

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Accept running bad, like a part of the game, everything is going up and down, so be patient and keep your mind cold.

mj22

mj22

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CY
Chips
When running bad happens, and especially for a good period of time, my interest in playing the game gets less and its not like I totally stop or take a break from playing but I'm just not having fun.
Usually NL hold'em is the most I play and when on a bad run all I do is try new other things (formats, games.. etc). I take this time as a break from holdem to play these new games like Plo or any where maybe my run would be better and recover my bankroll from bad runs.

So, basically my strategy is to change the game I play to keep my bankroll running and a break from the game I'm running bad at.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the best strategy is to play stakes that you can afford to loose all day and dont care about it,(its not 50 buyins bankroll its min 100) its simple. and dont be hury to win alot, all comes in years of patience)

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, this will best calm down a break in the game. The interval for each player is different: from 5 minutes to a year, or even more. When sadness covers, you need to be distracted by some other pleasant things.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand this strategy of avoiding bad emotions. When you feel like crap, you feel like crap, but there's nothing wrong with this besides being unpleasant.
When it takes too long, then yes, you need to distract yourself.
When you want to feel good things you need to also be prepared to feel bad ones.