What Helps When You're Running Bad?

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I drink less coffee and try to sleep more and watch some movies too. But also walk or see the sea or listen to music and walk a little to blur a little and come back more intellectual to the tables

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A cup of coffee, a mental break and usually get over it in one game, but if it continues into days, I take a small break.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that a little rest will be beneficial and it is necessary to temporarily change the poker site.

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking a short break

Sometimes what I do is taking a short break from poker. Rethinking how did I end up losing money or not finishing at the Final table. It is quite hard to lose but it can be also be because of the way you play. That is why I am Rethinking everything

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you think that you can win tournament after tournament, you are a fool. This is a natural process, and requires adjusting your game at all stages of the tournament. In rare cases, you will be able to reach the top 1 several times in a row, you will not be able to win constantly, you can only increase the frequency of getting itm.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What helps you get back on track when you’re running bad? Yesterday I almost reached three final tables, but lost one/two/three players away from the final table. Which upset me. What do you do when you run bad?

As for me, the best way to get back on track is to take a shower by listening to favorite songs. It helps to calm down and concentrate again, and your mood improves.

K

kobra80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I lose the buy-in 3 times in a row, I will leave the table

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Go down in stakes if you're no longer properly bankrolled.
2. If you don't enjoy poker anymore, take a break instead of tilting off the rest of your bankroll.

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I lose the buy-in 3 times in a row, I will leave the table

I followed this for a while, but I was pretty under-bankrolled... Once I hit 20 buy-ins in my account I foolishly opted for the auto top-up function. Days I thought I was breaking even turned out to be large losses....

Taking a break if you're feeling frustrated is definitely a must, find something else to take your mind off it. Though if you're only a few places off final table, you should at least be in the money?

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you think you are playing poorly, it is important to remember what Sklansky once wrote, "It's just the firm of Probability, Incorporated doing business as usual."

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In such cases, a break always helps me. After a break, I always become more patient and disciplined, which directly affects my luck and my results.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
have a break and think over the last play

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop playing..... Go out and jog.
Play other sports, take your mind off it.
Then go back to the table and youll see your chips gone..... Hehehe

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Analyzing hands, make Sport, you can also try to make other things. I dont need a break because im a Roboter when i play poker without any emotion xD, For my other freetime i address womens, i go in the gym and to do what with friends, 10 minutes of walking outside with fresh air can change very much.
If poker is your real passion, you didnt hear your second voice who let you down, you have so much self coinfidence that nobody can break you!
Good luck and keep your emotions outside the table(s)! ^^

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it helps to stop a bit in my opinion to take a break and regain the mental strength that is important to be able to play poker 100%

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make a break for a few days responsible gaming will help you

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Review your game, if you did everything you could according to your strategy, luck and bad luck are part of it and will occur in a tournament yes tournament no (but don't do this before making coffee and drinking)

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is time for a break. It is like the Universe is telling me something, so I listen. When I feel rested and ready I get right back at it.

A

Axe1Gold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I runing bad i log off. Do some sport usually I go to run. With sport I can relax to forget when I lost, got a bad call from a i.d.i.o.t.:mad::D:D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Sometimes what I do is taking a short break from poker. Rethinking how did I end up losing money or not finishing at the Final table. It is quite hard to lose but it can be also be because of the way you play. That is why I am Rethinking everything

Quite hard to lose - you sure about that :hmmmm2:

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody recommends to rest, but I am looking for a logical answer when it comes to understand why bad hands win over a good start, predicting something is very difficult because these people, more than being professionals, are recreational players who risk a lot without fear of losing everything.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Everybody recommends to rest, but I am looking for a logical answer when it comes to understand why bad hands win over a good start, predicting something is very difficult because these people, more than being professionals, are recreational players who risk a lot without fear of losing everything.
If you want to know why, then rail the players that win with those hands.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
volume. Put your head down and register more games. Tide will turn your way and things will even out.