What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the begun :) to win some hands and doublet my chips

and doublet again :)

Last edited by a moderator:
M

miley17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's the start...when u get middle game and in the money - it's easy. Hard is to make chips and get to know ur opponents

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
To achieve to be at final table and the final table cause you re against to players with many chips and good ones ...

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The toughest part is the final table for sure. The rest is not very complicated, you just depend on luck and very good reads. On the final table, decitions change because of ICM and lots of players have problems with that matter.

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part for me is the 3-handed, it's really difficult to be an exceptional player in this part of the tournament, which is separating the men from the boys. Heads'up too.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble,because many players with small stack go all-in.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the hardest part of a tourny , at least mentally, is between the BBL and the FT. At this point in the tournament I seem to tighten up , trying to hold on to my chips, instead of just playing my game. lol. I'm comfortable at the Final Tbl , because it's a huge relief and I can loosen up. Good Luck .

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part for me is patience, I am good for a few hours but in those super long tournaments it only takes one mistake for it to end.

Z

zefalosss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, the middle stages.. we see a lot of all ins and bad beats..

G

gmafia456

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the start of the tourny is hardest a lot of all in with nothing. so self control plays a big part for me.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it is definately the end game of mtts , approaching the FT bubble . In general when you make it this deep in a tournament most of the pure fish are gone and you are left with players that are all playing to win not for entertainment . Also the end game of mtts is where all the money is decided , so it adds the extra layer of pressure to each decision that gets the blood flowing :) . Its the hardest and most exciting part of every mtt !

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part for me is the period that happens just before the money,because I really don't like it when I spend a few hours playing poker without earning at least a minimal prize pool percentage.

ResAtDorsia

ResAtDorsia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early stages. They are pretty boring to me. Once i make the money and i have a decent stack size it gets much more interesting in my opinion.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't find hard any part of the tournament. When i fold hand pre-flop i just watch others and enjoy some good music so i don't get bored or distracted. I enjoy every moment of it.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice and powerful question!!!!
As for me, I wrote a huge number of posts about MTT. And I suppose that the hardest part of MTT is beginning. This is very important part, when you need grow your stack to be ease to play next levels, not be underdog. In the other hand, if cards doesn't come to you, it is did not understand you need push middle hands to double up. No. In this case wait strong hands through necessary period.

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest part of the tournament

It is an interesting question. For me the hardest part of the tournament can change. The beginning, like so many others mentioned has so many crazy plays from people trying to double up their chips quickly. That takes a lot of patience to make it through. That middle, on the other hand, can become a little more difficult because of the beginning being so wild. You could be sitting with a relatively short stack in the middle stages because of the patience shown in the early stages. I would say once you get to the final table everything is balanced out so that becomes the easiest part of the tournament. You can make some plays here and there and the people are a little more relaxed and having fun.

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me more hard in tournament it's stage after buble(many players go allin with short stack and you fold good hands ) and 3max on final table (very tired and almost ready to give up , since the difference in prizes is small and you're not ready for another 1 hour+ ride). :fight:

Roman Romanov

Roman Romanov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the hardest part is when I play for 3 hours, and prizes are still to come

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's begin tourney, because is very boring, and bubble

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Early part, but thats why i like bounty tournaments..they are more tentitive and exiting..

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest part is post bubble, blinds increase quickly and real money isn't until final table - which is usually several hundred (if not thousand of players away), nothing worse than playing 10 mtts, cashing in 6 or 7 of them but still ending up in the negative because they were all min cashes.

Look for the bullies, those are you kingmakers, the ones that have a huge chip stack and call off any small stack with JT or higher just to try to chip up and win it. Sure they knock you out plenty but your odds in a shove battle vs them are significantly higher than someone that like you is also doing it for tourney life and probably has strong cards.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tour

the most difficult is the beginning ... But also bar menu is the most difficult part when you are short stack: bubble: D also the final table

shomy21

shomy21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the hardest part is bubble time too. I know I have to be aggressive there, but it is really hard, especially if you don't have a lot of chips.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't find hard any part of the tournament. When i fold hand pre-flop i just watch others and enjoy some good music so i don't get bored or distracted. I enjoy every moment of it.

You say that because maybe you play just for fun and dont need think to resolve problems.

Or, who knows, is a native entrepreneur ;)