What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, no doubt when the tournament begins, because you have short stack, in addition to the kamikazes, for me this is why.
Now, when you have 20 or 30 big blinds your chances increase enough.

What do you think ??

I understand your line of reasoning. Let’s sum up: the beginning, middle and probably the end are the parts hardest, correct? :rolleyes:

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me not sure

Any part of the tournament, when there is no luck.

To me I think most of it is when there are people will stay with any thing and the hands they stay with should of been folded. So there are a lot of donkeys out there.mostly in the free rolls.

R

rosaparks

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hardest part: PATIENCE! Especially when you're card dead !!!!!!!!!!!

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All stages have their difficulty, but the later stages you gave to keep in mind of the ever growing blinds

defleopard

defleopard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first 30 minutes of the tournament , often just to survive in the literal sense . Babble each time differently . Often easy to pass and at least double their stack and sometimes we have to use all the time bank and dump all the cards except AA , KK , AA . And often I begin to lose in the end when it is one-on- one . But still , the hardest part is always the beginning.

radek

radek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its when are only two tables behind and you are short stack. Coming on the snake to get the dream FT.

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part is when the tournament is starting

I understand your line of reasoning. Let’s sum up: the beginning, middle and probably the end are the parts hardest, correct? :rolleyes:

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the hardest part of tournaments its when yoy have 10-15bb and must go all in but don't have a good cards for it

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me the hardest part of tournaments its when yoy have 10-15bb and must go all in but don't have a good cards for it
you dont have to go all-in with bad cards just because you have 10-15 BBs.

With 10-15 BBs, your preflop decisions are shove or fold, but hand selection is still crucial depending on action before you and # of players to act behind you.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first 30 minutes of the tournament , often just to survive in the literal sense . Babble each time differently . Often easy to pass and at least double their stack and sometimes we have to use all the time bank and dump all the cards except AA , KK , AA . And often I begin to lose in the end when it is one-on- one . But still , the hardest part is always the beginning.
You think surving the first 30 min is hard? Is that even considered surving in an MTT?

With the exception of hyper turbos, 30 min is nothing.

Yeah, must be tough folding a bunch of hands in the early stages and still have an 80+ BB stack (in deep stack, reg blind MTTs) after 30 minutes of play.

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mid tournament. I am usually up with what I started with, but with increasing blinds and antes, my brain wants me to play. So then I get an aq or aj or 10 and go all in despite reading the board and only on blind intuition. Hence, I lose. It's easy to realize after the game but during it, I kinda get caught up. Call it restlessness.

H

hkoch7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right in the middle, where the pots are periodically a large portion of each players stack. the risk goes through the roof. Its hard to find the optimal strategy here, and losing posts costs almost all of your stack

Ahuh

Ahuh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all hard for me because I'm so New. But I'm finding the beginning easier to get through now that I am folding more and being more selective with which hands I play. My game plan is to just be patient and not to let others push me around with their big stacks and more experience. Just play my game and see how far I can get and improve on that.

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
final table because there is much nerves going on and you can win huge if you play good

yfaleiro

yfaleiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think the mid-game, like, after couple hours, when you're not getting any cards, just folding, it's hard

yfaleiro

yfaleiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
final table because there is much nerves going on and you can win huge if you play good

I agree. Along with the nerves, usually the gap between 9th prize and 1st is huge, so usually when Im playing a FT, I start to play really tight, just waiting to other players to kill each other (I dont see that as a advantage, but it usually happens to me)

koetjebeu

koetjebeu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the bubble is the difficults part

H

Hero4real

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
late stage before final table. It is so easy to just go all in on average hands

F

FlyingFitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning

At the start is the hardest for me for you are trying to get off the ground with some chips - once you win a few hands and build some chips things start falling into place and I start feeling more comfortable.

ERICBR30

ERICBR30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing sng 180 players .... for me the hardest part of the tournament is the beginning and what I like most is the final table. :)

M

mayron0612

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the final table... i can barely concentrate and i usually tilt lol

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well for me its def bubble play-i think how i play the bubble is stack size dependant-i struggle the most when im below average stack size-the less chips the less options-befor that it was begining part-im sure in a few months it will be some other part of my game

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bubble is easiest part of poker tournament if you have at least approximately 20 BB, so just wait for good positions or good cards go allin, or just delay the time.

In my opinion all three parts of poker tournament: beginning, middle and end game is hard. But the easiest one is beginning because blinds are small just play tight and aggressive and will be ok.

J

jagfan32

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The rebuy levels cause of the crazy play.

D

David Phillips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its holding your cards and trusting your gut in a tornment you have to be at your best