What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is early stage,until i dont have an medium stack i cant play relaxed.

G

Gump877

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part for me is probably being semi-deep in a tournament with a bunch of 15 to 30 big blind stacks. Seems like this is where I get biggest risk for overplaying a hand or playing it to softly and getting owned by aggressive spaz players that force me to fold or to gamble, unless I have big hand then it becomes one of favorite spots to play.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the start can some times be tricky, but once u double up its easier, and the end is also tough, i mean getting to the final table, and once u have made it, if u r short stacked, its hard, u have no history with most of the players u are short staked u have to shove, but have no idea who to shove in to, so the end i would say its hardest part, to go as deep as u can, top 3 spots count as deep for me :D

P

pachopaez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion is that the more complicated parts of all tournaments is the bubble and the final table, but at the final table you can play quieter since in most final tables will no longer be empty handed.

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play fr or blow value rebuys the first 1/2 hr. Once you get past this you can rely on most players not being silly - or you have a note on them and know their style.

sure the bubble is hard but in most cases players ahead of you (if you are low) can't resist all ins when they think they will get way with it, so you can play tight or, if you have the cards go for it. This is elementary and, apart from using patience, is not really the hard part.

D

Drileris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally for me it's the beginning of the tournament and that first hands you play. You chip up or you lose most chips of your stack. If i get throught it and earn descent stack i usually reach the money

Y

Yagr27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for me it is hard in the middle and pulls to look at post flop with an average hand

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most diffical part of tournament for me-bubble! very difficalt to decide what to do if you get 1010, AK-go allin or may be waiting sometime while the bubble will end because you understand that on your allin some of big stack can call and will kick you with 83s((((

radman

radman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it happens more then once in a game. The first few levels or till ive built a buffer off my starting stack. Around the bubble -esp if im ss-. And the last couple a seats before final table.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think between 30 and 70 minutes is the hardest part. the easy one? final table, no doubt

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The win because I don't know what to do with all this money!!!

Seriously, though, it's the FT. Its the most nerve racking part of a tournament for me.

Speedbruce

Speedbruce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hard part is when you pass the bubble and then Jokerstars makes you loose every hand after that no matter what cards you have. It's really hard because the blinds became huge and the stack that once was confortable became incredible thin.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The hardest part for me is probably being semi-deep in a tournament with a bunch of 15 to 30 big blind stacks.

agreed

I think playing a 20-30bb stack is about the most dificult,.. especially when there's alot of stacks in same range

Can't understand how so many can be suggesting the early levels are the most difficult. Seriously, this is the 2nd easiest stage imo, with the easiest being later levels when we're short enough to be open-shoving or 3-bet shoving over opens (ie. 15-20bb)

D

dudu10grande

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the middle to the end of the tournament, as the blinds begin to tighten and often gets everyone with a good-looking stack, so each hand and each flip will be very decisive for their survival in this final part.

H

Haidar777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the beginning of the tournament easier.more stress in the middle and the end of the tournament

666Garold666

666Garold666

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The beginning of the tournament the hardest and you need to play creatively , we must not forget that in the beginning many people go all-in with the slag in the hands and have a real opportunity to increase their stack that will provide a significant advantage. And further all in your hands ))

Jzvaigzne

Jzvaigzne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When i have a lot of bad hands in a row and chips are coming to nothing

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the most hardest part is late stage tournament before final table,and when catch final i m so relaxing play

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Around the bubble. Nearing the money, Being either too careful or too reckless.

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, no doubt when the tournament begins, because you have short stack, in addition to the kamikazes, for me this is why.
Now, when you have 20 or 30 big blinds your chances increase enough.

What do you think ??

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like on the tournament begins, is when the tournament approaches the ITM, because a hasty play, it cans sacrifice your stacks.