What do you do with the push every hand guy?

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats poker for ya!

In the end, he gives him a full house immediately on the flop.

Hey Alexkaria,

Aye that sucks! Nothing you can do the push every hand guy runs good, but against them guys I would play even tighter than A6 but I assume you were slightly tilted after losing with AK. The way I work these guys is if you are sitting in a 9 man table then there are 7 other guys who have a chance to take em out too, so keep playing premium only until either he is out or you get that monster hand to take him down.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like mentioned before, I think waiting for you to have very strong hands or a monster is the best you can do. But even then, there's still a chance that the weaker hand wins in all-in situation. What you can take for granted - this kind of player will never sit at the final table yet becoming winner of the tournament. I got once kicked out by such a guy, he had mediocre hands (38 offsuit) , I got QQ - boom, crazy guy kicks me out with trips. 2 mins later, I wanted to check how this guy was doing - he was kicked out himself, probably by his next shove attempt.

Thats poker :)

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to learn all the actions and actions of a rival, and then draw conclusions!:ahhhhh:

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be patient

2 ways to combat him
#1 be patient and let him double you up with your premium hands
#2 get it in with him with a not so premium hand, all you need to be is the dominating hand in most cases
#1 is the best thing to do, be patient

and wait for your favorit hand... or be a little risky...;)

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

Always watching my opponent and learning from mistakes and successes. Keeping focus and studies before and after a match.

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for a big hand and double up, but try to get your hand in heads up. Going all-in every hand is contagious. You don't want to end up going against another drawing hand and lower your percentage.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 ways to combat him
#1 be patient and let him double you up with your premium hands
#2 get it in with him with a not so premium hand, all you need to be is the dominating hand in most cases
#1 is the best thing to do, be patient

I used to do it like that :)

V

Vzlafree

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I just sat at the table and I don't have a good hand, I let it pass or I retire. If I have a good hand, I feel the opponent's strength. Now if I already have time at the table I should already know if they cheat me or not.:cool:

W

Wer1ss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just waiting for good cards and then kick him out

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
wait for a premium hand and hope to hold the hand

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call...but not every hand! Yep with these sorts you have to be a bit patient and then pick a decent a hand to call hopefully take their stack or wait and someone else will, they never last long, but try to avoid giving them an easy double up.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
against a player who goes all-in on each hand. it is advisable to pay it at the 5th time. but it is easier said than done especially when you have a weak hand at that time.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait

I wait for two good down cards and call his shove. It doesn't mean I will win but I should at least be ahead before the flop.

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a freeroll then your most likely shit out of luck and in those games there everywhere mostly Russians and Brazilians for some reason but if it's a cash table leave the table and enter a new one if you don't you'll be so frustrated and tilt

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually these guys don't shove all the time, but around 50% or so... I wait for one or two others to call the guy, just so I see what type of hands he shoves with. Then I simply wait for a hand that beats his statistically and call his shove. Most times an easy double up.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He who pushes!!

We've all seen this guy in the freerolls and low $ tournaments. He's the one pushing all-in 95% of his hands and somehow is high stack on the table. How do you combat this guy without getting wiped out by his unbelievable dumb luck?
just go with it that person will bust soon enough. It happens to me every time and I still have not learned my lesson.:D

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be very patient, let him play and if you really have patience you will see how that way of bet leads him or her to bankruptcy. If you are very lucky and know how to wait for the right moment, it is most likely that you are the one who keeps those chips, normally these types of players are impulsive and once they lose their first hand they start betting incorrectly and lose, at least, that is my experience against this type of player. The key: Patience. ;)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We've all seen this guy in the freerolls and low $ tournaments. He's the one pushing all-in 95% of his hands and somehow is high stack on the table. How do you combat this guy without getting wiped out by his unbelievable dumb luck?

Dear friend, play your best game.
Be patient and don't play their crazy game.
From the middle to the end of the tournament, most of these players will have already fallen.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no specific hand I will push everytime with. If I have a lot of action preflop with AA then of course I'm always willing to push but everytime I plan on pushing it is more situational than what hand I have.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this kind of players are easy to beat it depends on how big ur stack is vs his then it should be easy. give him 2 or 3 pre rise then folds and get him in a trap next time by call his rise eventually he will fold with losing 60% or more of his stack lost or even better he goes all in

G

gilbravo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for a big hand and double up, but try to get your hand in heads up. Going all-in every hand is contagious. You don't want to end up going against another drawing hand and lower your percentage.
Mas tem muitas maos grandes que são pegadinhas

G

gilbravo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
pegadinhas

É lucrativo ir all in em todos os pares

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like that 'push on every hand guy' because it takes all the enjoyment out of the game and it does seem like he tends to have a nice side stack on the table. However I don't mind playing against him because I just wait for my hand and then I thank him for the double up because sooner or later he will get busted.

M

Madragalahad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the game, the situation and your long-term aims for the whole tourney. I want to win tourneys and reach lots of final tables; I don't want to grind for hours and just scrape past the bubble. So I'm looking for a situation where this guy's got 2 or 3 callers and I've got a hand that has good odds in a four or five way coinflip, like middling suited connectors. While one hand early on won't win you the tournament, and may definitely see you knocked out, if you're a good player, an early chip lead will often take you a long way! Remember that other players will have been getting annoyed by this guy, and may be calling his shove with comparatively weak hands. It may be surprising to some how often this strategy works. With a hand like 87s in a five-way pot, you won't often be worse than 20%. If you're up against AA, KK, AK and whatever random sh** this numpty is playing it'll be about 22%; if you're up against AK,AQ,AJ plus random you'll be favourite at over 33%.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands