What do you do with the push every hand guy?

S

screamingmidget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We've all seen this guy in the freerolls and low $ tournaments. He's the one pushing all-in 95% of his hands and somehow is high stack on the table. How do you combat this guy without getting wiped out by his unbelievable dumb luck?

Wait until you have a hand to challenge him - it's that simple.

But how many are still in the game when he does this? If it's heads up, then me personally will do it when I have a face card in tournament play.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important is patient and just play with premium hands against him, sometimes you can lose but most of times you will win.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for QQ+ or AK and call him. Yep, maybe sometimes you lose in these cases but it's just luck, nevermind and join another tourney.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I have also seen this type of players ... and the way to play against them ... is having patience and when you have a strong hand play it aggressively against him ... do not take unnecessary risks to challenge him ...!

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to play against such lucky ones, I have seen such people many times, and they won with any distribution.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your opponent goes all in you pretty much have only two choices: call or fold. So, I would call with the premium hands and fold everything else. In my opinion it is a mistake to lower your all in hand strength requirements when dealing with loose aggressive players, because they are dealt premium hands too, and you never know what you are up against.

A

Anglermeister

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for a strong hand and then call him. AQ+ 1010+.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against such players, try to play with a narrow range of hands and be patient. In general, call with strong hands and do not bluff.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems that against these players need to play the hand is higher than the average hand strength. Then in most cases you will replay them.

usmc2doc

usmc2doc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just roll with it

poker is war

in war you go to combat
didn't suggest to get it in bad,
just don't be worried about aq not being good enough, it probably is
but what do I know? I played AA against an all-in every hand player and it lost

To paraphrase Daniel negreanu; are we really going to base our future decisions on the one time things don’t go our way? Play the right way and see your chips stack. Don’t forget all the times your AA busted these stupid hands. And I agree, if you play right, your AQ is probably good enough in that spot, so roll the dice and live with the outcome.:icon_king

T

THQ01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to lower your stacking off range and hope you hold up (7s + & AT +). All you can do is get your chips in with a favourable advantage and hope you hold.

B

Baxter2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wait for a good cards, and pray :D

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With maniacs you need to play all-in only with a good card. But even in this case, the distribution algorithm decides everything. Such players catch courage in their wave of mud victories. Wait for a break and this maniac will lose the whole stack in a few hands. With such players it is advisable to play the post flop.

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The goal in preflop all in situations is to get it in as far ahead of your opponent's range of hands as possible. What I call with in these situations will change depending on the position of the shover and myself. Shover UTG and I'm UTG+1 premiums only. If no one acts before the shover, no one calls and I am in the BB, I am calling what I find to be reasonable based on how many big blinds are in play.

D

dkbbl8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be patient and limit the hands you're willing to play. I typically stick with playing AA, AK, KK in these situations. More often than not, these types of players won't last long.

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, always a pair in my hand is a great push. I would try to play as slow as possible to get a big enough pot.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will try and wait for a premium hand and hope for the best.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wait for a good hand and play it. Sometimes i also can raise a lot, but it,s all depends on position and game. If you are on the bubble and you are a chip leader, for sure you need to raise and fold, if someone tight will raise you. This is how it works.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore him until you have a top tier hand than mug his ass. Though there's always that luck factor that could backfire but that's the game of poker.

B

Boreyko506

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I wait for a good hand and put up. Since the opponent is widely exposed, we will often win.

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play tight. that overbetting will get him caught sooner or later!

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

An all-in from an early position almost always loses if there are no pocket monsters.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Itself played yesterday and the person went all in with any cards. The cards were rubbish and when a more or less good hand came to me AK I called. The adversary has 10 7 different suits, as a result, he closes the street with the last card. I freak out and the next hand, I go again to the bank .my hand is A 6 he has K 4 . In the end, he gives him a full house immediately on the flop. I honestly don’t know how to describe such luck!

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play really tight. The looser your opponent is the tighter you play

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands