Tournaments with or without rebuy

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play a rebuy tournament knowing I will never rebuy, If I find myself at a really soft table and get unlucky, I will rebuy. Otherwise I just consider everyone else's rebuy as an addition to my future payout!

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments with rebuys are suitable for people with a large bankroll, as their strategy to dial a large stack with marginal hands, so usually they do rebuys before the big stack.

A

Asualum2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play extremely tight at the beginning so I hate rebuy tournaments. I can never play those well enough

S

sharon mckee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournaments with rebuys are harder to win so i would have to say without rebuys,also because player would go all in with anything and i dont like playing against agressive players.

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Live poker, if rebuys are limited, get the chips as soon as possible. With unlimited rebuys for "x" number of levels, the play is going to be fast and loos e and pay attention to stack sizes. After the rebuy/Add On period has ended it becomes a different game. Make sure you are still part of it.

D

deadbroke01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no on rebuys. people tend to play a lot worse

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont prefer tourneys at all, but if i have to choose i'd definitly rather choose freezout. I just like the idea when someone is eliminated he cannot return to the tourney as many times as he wants :p

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like rebuy tournaments, people dally with the game and there're nothing but all-ins.

danyclub80

danyclub80

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all,
I prefer no rebuy tournaments because you could speed up the tournament without the recognition of new players falling .

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost all the reasons listed so far are exactly why I love re-buy tourneys.

Most of the tourneys are re-entry though now which is a big difference. I would much rather have the players playing in the manner as listed before my post to remain at my table.

rensks

rensks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just hate rebuy tournaments, at least in the low buy-in ones, people keep going all in with awful hands and you pissed off go with a really good hand, and as the fairy of poker ain't on your side you're just out.. dont like... just cant play a really nice and intelligent poker...

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone needs to forward a link to this thread to the folks over at Carbon, where all of the tournaments are re-entry tourneys, so they can understand why I refuse to play on their site anymore. Just wish I had a balance worth actually cashing out over there. But since I never made a deposit there, it's all won money, if not a lot of it.

S

Sergei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would just do a rebuy removed in tournaments. 1 Adon and enough. The chances should be equal. Everyone starts with a certain number of chips and the card will fall.

J

jacksonionh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate rebuy tournaments. Always have, I think I always will. It takes away from the whole purpose of a tournament

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like mtt rebuy, players will very all in and demorão more

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at the blinds - if 10-15 minutes, then you have time to lay in wait for the loose cannons with a crap hand and crush them. Some things I've noticed in many of these games;

People forget what a kicker is.
They seem to not worry about a flush/st8 when they have a weak hand.
Any Ace is a good ace, any position, any time.
Any paint cards with anything the same suit is a monster (J3 all in call? After UTG shoved and got 2 callers? Sure! Why not?)
Pot odds? What are pot odds?
They will chase/call a shove with long shots - if the flop gives them 3 cards to a st8/flush, a gutshot, whatever - and they will suck out.

So, just leave the bluffing for much later in the game or against players you know can lay down a crappy hand. Play a solid basic game of poker and you can often amase a big stack without ever having to rebuy.

Even with shorter blind levels, you can do it - I just won the ACR 3 seat GAGE freeroll - 768 players, rebuys available. I didn't rebuy once, and took top top spot. Of course, it was my 85th attempt.........

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only play satellites with re-buys.

B

Benman120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I, personally, don't like R+A tourneys, but sometimes I play them.

how about you? any advices how many rebuys to make (some ppl are doing them till addon), is not it wasting money?

Hate rebuys, guys get loose near last level of rebuys, no risk since they can reload a new stack.

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really mind, but usually i don't rebuy.
Keep in mind, that rebuy tournaments are just like a very big tournament.. what difference does it make if its the same players that rebuy, or new players?

S

Sergei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only play satellites with re-buys.

Well, the point in Chom? Have to learn to play with a starting amount of chips. To think about your actions from the start of the tournament and not only after the end of the re-buys.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know what to say:confused: :confused: :confused:

... maybe just follow what strategy Michael Paler said cuz he wonz a freeroll with it!

BabyJesus64

BabyJesus64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like rebuy tournaments either. People just keeps going all in with awful hands at the early stages andit just is impossible to play a intelligent poker in the beginning of the tournaments.

L

leorulex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rather rebuy because besides if you eventually lose a hand in a bad can try again.Outside you have re-entry as some players do not give much value in chips and is easier to increase your stack by hitting a hand

E

ElgringoLoco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love rebuy tournaments especially live ones where you play a lot and know the regulars. I treat them like a freezeout, play TAG and for the most part just watch people spew you chips. I will usually add-on if it is a quick structure unless I have a huge stack, so that I have fold equity preflop to 4 bets out of position once the antes and blinds start getting out of control.

Of course you are going to get it in best sometimes and lose but that happens all the time no matter the format.