Slow or turbo

M

MilkLegs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I entered a tournament on ACR once back in university. Am almost at the final table now.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT turbo tournaments are my favorite discipline

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow is better for beginners, you have time to think about hands, the BB doesn't raise so fast.
As someone said above, play Freerolls and also study, there is material here on Cardschat.
Indeed I have started to study a bit .and play in the free spins and I totally agree with you. that it is the slow tournaments that help to understand and learn poker. and thank you

Hello, I like fast tournaments. Slow ones annoy me, that's why I almost never play tournaments, I don't have much patience, I like cash games.:D
Hello, you are an old and professional player. You have the money and the ability to play in the cash. As for me, I am new to poker and I am still benefiting from the skills of players like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I prefer normal tournaments, since I can control situations more, without time pressure, but I don't deny that I also play turbo tournaments.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that both have their advantages and disadvantages, for a player who makes quick decisions, a turbo tournament is ideal, but for one who likes to analyze the hand and his opponents well, the slow tournament is more convenient. Regards.
As for me I'm still a new player in the field, I can't play turbo tournaments, unlike slow ones, it's good for me to learn well and to analyze players also

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I prefer normal speed (8-10 or even 15 minute blind) you play better and with no rush.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the tournament, in a 45 player tournament I prefer turbo and in a mtt tournament I prefer slow especially in ko tournaments, because if you take a badbeat it is easier to recover because you have more time

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I just learned to play, I loved the turbo. now I like slow tournaments - there is a chance to break out if you are not lucky at all

mircea_0

mircea_0

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I hate turbo! It seems to me that it is a style of play for nervous people.
Slow games are for players who don't lose their patience easily!

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both, but turbos are more luck than skill. :)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree but it does depend on my mood.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should play what feels best first, but in my case I prefer slower tournaments because there is more chance that someone with knowledge will play better poker lol ;):D

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
As for me I'm still a new player in the field, I can't play turbo tournaments, unlike slow ones, it's good for me to learn well and to analyze players also

If you really want to learn then why you havent joined cardchat league :hmmmm2:

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the time you want to dedicate to the tournament, the time you have available, I think the slow is good, but some people want the turbo, but to me in particular they are filled with many allin and you practically do not have time to play and read your opponent.

S

Stevoodoo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Fast or slow

I think this depends on what time you have available combined with the mood you are in.
Most top sites offer a wide range of different options pretty much 24/7.
Lots of choice for lots of people.
It can be easy for beginners to lose money fast at a fast table, it takes time to adjust to fast play if you're not a regular player.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have no problems playing any tournament but as a preference I prefer fast tournaments

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

each one has it´s way to play it
i prefer turbo
its faster and the fishes always go down fast....lol
rgds

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I for sure prefer slow. It gives me time to think and wait to play decent hands instead of feeling rushed and taking more chances. As a new poker player too, the time to think helps me catch things I may have missed if I was playing rushed - I struggle with seeing straights and sometimes still struggle to see a flush. It'll come with more practice but for me that also means slower tables for now too.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I usually do better in the slow tourneys than the turbo ones.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

each one has it´s way to play it
i prefer turbo
its faster and the fishes always go down fast....lol
rgds
For you as a professional player you have the ability to play turbo and for me I am still learning from players like you. Time does not allow me to play the turbo I will play it when I learn well in slow

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is your suggestion to me as a beginner player, should I play in turbo or slow poker games
I've always liked the turbo because it's fast and full of opponents' mistakes.
What is your advice to me?
For you, i advice to start with SLOW poker games, you need to learn and have time to aply your strategy, you need to grow up with your level, to learn well, all the mistakes that you can try to see if its works, its better making in the beginning.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For you, i advice to start with SLOW poker games, you need to learn and have time to aply your strategy, you need to grow up with your level, to learn well, all the mistakes that you can try to see if its works, its better making in the beginning.
I really only play in slow tournaments .so I can learn the techniques used in poker as you told me. after learning well I will see if I can enter to play in the fast tournaments.