Slow or turbo

M

marcusvco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me slow has more to do with skill, since you can think and others will too, but that also means its gonna be a long tournament

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course, slow ones are better, turbos are too dispersive:)

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Tournaments are rather slow. Heads Up sng's only hyper turbo.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Turbo

The time available to dedicate to the game will determine the preference 🤙

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Slow is better for beginners, you have time to think about hands, the BB doesn't raise so fast.
As someone said above, play freerolls and also study, there is material here on Cardschat.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, I like fast tournaments. Slow ones annoy me, that's why I almost never play tournaments, I don't have much patience, I like cash games.:D

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play slow because it inspires me to play well and not risk too much

reska11

reska11

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’ve never liked slow tournaments, they take up a lot of time. So I almost always play fast tournaments.

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Turbo

I prefer the turbo tournaments, because I find the slow ones very active, considering that we only have a 5-minute break every hour, that is, you can't do anything.
I think pokerstars should review this condition for tournaments, for example, having a 20 minute break every 2 hours of play.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that both have their advantages and disadvantages, for a player who makes quick decisions, a turbo tournament is ideal, but for one who likes to analyze the hand and his opponents well, the slow tournament is more convenient. Regards.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Better to start with slow
because you will have more time to analyse the game of your opponenets

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and slow , and turbo and poker )))))

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow but in between turbo to get sharper

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is your suggestion to me as a beginner player, should I play in turbo or slow poker games
I've always liked the turbo because it's fast and full of opponents' mistakes.
What is your advice to me?

If you're really a beginner, don't be fooled. Your mistakes will also be common in turbo. My advice is to play the blinds slow and be patient. Your hand will come.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're really a beginner, don't be fooled. Your mistakes will also be common in turbo. My advice is to play the blinds slow and be patient. Your hand will come.
As I told you, I am already a beginner, I will follow your advice. Thank you for your encouragement.

For me slow has more to do with skill, since you can think and others will too, but that also means its gonna be a long tournament
I totally agree with you, in slow tournaments you have enough time to take advantage of hands. In contrast to the quick tournaments, if you are not lucky in them with good hands, the players will quickly devour you

Last edited by a moderator:
VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think turbo games need to think faster and start earlier, so with less experience it will be more difficult.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your suggestion to me as a beginner player, should I play in turbo or slow poker games
I've always liked the turbo because it's fast and full of opponents' mistakes.
What is your advice to me?

I think it depends on many factors, not only about the game, for example, if you dont have so much time available i think turbo its the best choice. If you are already a good player who wants to make some value i also stick with turbo. I' havent played a lot and have time to play for me the best option at the moment is slow tournaments where you can take more time to make your decisions without being shallow stack so fast.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play couple of turbo tornaments in same time I would choose turbo because there is good chances that I will win it at least 1 of those poker tournaments but if I play only 1 slow tournament it is better that one to play only.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm slow player, but I prefer to play in Turbo or Hyper~

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
I am comfortable with both format , ofc you need to adjust your game to balance out

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like slow, I have more edge.

F

fsquid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow, only reason I mostly play turbos is just lack of time with two growing girls in the house.

Newmy12345

Newmy12345

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion slow is best if you are a beginner, however keep in mind that slow means slow so don't get bored and stick to your best play. Then again you could try both and see which one suits you / you like. Turbo's tend to be more aggressive because of the blind levels that grow faster and you'll probably see more average cards played