Slow or turbo

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your suggestion to me as a beginner player, should I play in turbo or slow poker games
I've always liked the turbo because it's fast and full of opponents' mistakes.
What is your advice to me?

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I guest slow was better for beginner but sometime its too long to play...

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what you're trying to improve. If your just starting out learning preflop ranges & positioning then maybe turbo as you can crank through a bunch of hands, but you'll still have a hard time post flop. If you're trying to play the ring more then slow will let you focus on your strategies and gameplay more and give you time to think. I use them to focus on different aspects of gameplay

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both types are good but the regular game is more technical and the turbo game is crazier for those who don't know how to play.

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your suggestion to me as a beginner player, should I play in turbo or slow poker games
I think we are all individual and everyone has their own approach to the game. But personally I like the slow game, because you can open more hands and therefore more bluffs. But if of course there is not enough time, then I always choose turbo. Thanks for the good question and good luck!:rolleyes:

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a beginner I would recommend to stat at slow in order to learn something about this game

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Play what you like, in any niche you can achieve a lot, it all depends on you.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
turbo is luck...slow is skill
Yes I agree with you

It depends what you're trying to improve. If your just starting out learning preflop ranges & positioning then maybe turbo as you can crank through a bunch of hands, but you'll still have a hard time post flop. If you're trying to play the ring more then slow will let you focus on your strategies and gameplay more and give you time to think. I use them to focus on different aspects of gameplay
So you recommend slow play, thanks for the help

Both types are good but the regular game is more technical and the turbo game is crazier for those who don't know how to play.
Yes, indeed, I noticed that in the quick game there is no professionalism, the players play all hands

I think we are all individual and everyone has their own approach to the game. But personally I like the slow game, because you can open more hands and therefore more bluffs. But if of course there is not enough time, then I always choose turbo. Thanks for the good question and good luck!:rolleyes:
thank you for the advice

For a beginner I would recommend to stat at slow in order to learn something about this game
Ok thank you for helping

Play what you like, in any niche you can achieve a lot, it all depends on you.
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
go for the turbo, you play a lot more hands in a shorter time.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think slow would be best for you, the blinds don't rise as fast as compared to turbo so you get to look at more hands without worrying. There is less chance of making rash mistakes, I think.

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For slow beginners, for sure. The variance of slow is less aggressive and turbo we have to make definitive decisions all the time, because we are always short stacked.
Turbo is much simpler, but we have to have the perfect game to be able to get along.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lento o turbo

hello . I play mtt the slow ones are good they are just longer in time. Turbos are good too. the ones that are not good are the hyper. they are too fast

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I have been playing poker for over 10 years. I advise you as a beginner to play in freerolls, especially in the freerolls of our community. 90% of our freerolls are slow tournaments and it is in tournaments of this format that you can best improve your skills and gain valuable experience.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that if you have a good technique, you tend to want to play games with longer blinds and deep stacks, it will depend a lot on your style. As you defined yourself as a beginner, I believe that turbos can really have more opportunities for you since there are many situations of all in or fold so there's not much to go wrong:)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slow and variety.

If you like turbo for speed, etc, that's a choice. But most poker is NLH'em, at regular speed, slow for you. If you play for the action, give omaha poker a try. There is way more action every hand, compared to holdem.
Omaha, like hold'em, can be ruined by other players who take too long to make their play.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Привет
If you have enough time and good patience then I will advise slow - there is time to analyze rivals

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you have answered your question - you are a beginner player. For inexperienced players, any experienced player will advise playing only tournaments with a slow blind structure. First of all, you will have more time to make decisions in the hand, as there is usually more extra time in tournaments with a slow blind structure. Secondly, the turbo blind structure is very, very variance and you need a lot more bankroll to play in such tournaments, otherwise you will simply become bankrupt. If a tournament with a slow blind structure has a good bankroll of 200 buyins, then a turbo structure requires at least 3 times that, 600 buyins. Thirdly, the slow structure is much better for learning the basics of poker, without which you cannot win anything in tournaments with any blind structure.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always seem to pick turbo but if there's already more people sitting on a regular table, i'll choose that as well.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If your personality lends itself to shorter lengths at the tables then it may be best suited for you to play turbo's. Turbos are typically take less skill then slower tournaments, where the skilled player has more of an edge.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
whichever is most suited to you but slow allows you to think a bit more and perfect your game

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I will say Slow will be better for a beginner since you get more time to analyze players and strategies, but if you will like a faster game then go turbo! :deal:​