poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love turbo because I don't have enough patience and even when I'm the chip leader I manage to lose a lot of chips in the long run, I agree I need to work on myself but the turbo is for me more for luck hopes than skill

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Poker is one of life's mysteries
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi

For me I prefer slow poker, which doesn't mean I don't play turbo, plus I play hyper poker too, especially on some days when I don't have the time.
I see that I focus more and get better results in slow poker games

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For beginners it’s better it gives you more time to think because the stacks don’t go up as fast

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how "beginner" you are, if you know properly how to play post flop the both can be nice for you.

i like playing normal more than the turbos...

For me I prefer slow poker, which doesn't mean I don't play turbo, plus I play hyper poker too, especially on some days when I don't have the time.
I see that I focus more and get better results in slow poker games
Thank you all for your posts and interest

I will tell about myself. I prefer games in turbo mode. But I think that because of my restlessness, this game mode is the most disadvantageous. Slow games For me, these are the most boring games. Therefore, if you want to play profitably, then it is probably better to choose slow games, if you play for leisure - choose turbo.

After reading the members' posts, I concluded that slow poker is better than turbo for good results, and on the other hand we also find more time for decision making and reaction unlike turbo poker.
Ty and GL

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AfroJon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo or not

Personally, I have never liked a turbo game. The blinds go up way to fast and one can find themselves very short-stacked before they have even seen a playable hand. It forces you to play marginal hands that would normally be folded. Unfortunately, it seems that the majority of online games are turbo, so most of the time I have no choice but to play them if I feel like playing.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I am so used to turbo poker that I find the regular one very slow and tend to revert back to turbo on regular which doesn't work.

I find myself losing patience. Getting bored. And playing terribly.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the developer know how slow you must play to earn this or that money. For example it doesn't exist biggest tournament with hyperturbo speed or it doesn't exist tournaments with a prize pool of 100 dollar and should take 2 days. But for me is turbo until normal time the best way to think and realize my goals

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the slow tournaments. In turbo, one is forced to make rash decisions.

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rather play turbo games, with all the technology you have on a computer shouldn't take long and get the game boring to reach to a decision. Sometimes as well I fell players deliberately slow the game down for a better mtt position, anyways my opinion, turbo it gets more interesting

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
platinum level

platinum level
not much of a turbo because we don't have a good gameplay
but I really like to take a bad hand against a good hand and play and rely on luck and not experience

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really doesn't matter to me, I'm comfortable with whatever table I occupy.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just play both it's all interesting and if you want to feel the horror then play pot omaha cash game on smallest blinds.1 2 cents or 2 5 cents.
Good luck!

86Andi86

86Andi86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both have their own beauty. it doesn't matter to me

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like slow tournaments more, there are more chances to show my skills in the game

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in slow tournaments you depend less of luck, but playing more than 8 hours is not for me... i have a life...

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now i preffer turbo and hyper tournaments! you dont need spend so much time to be itms in these types[emoji352][emoji573]

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My playing style fits longer between blinds, prefer at least 12-minute blinds.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I started, I played in slow and turbo tournaments. But in general, in my opinion, everyone should start with freerolls so as not to risk your own money.

K

Kicsike10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends what you're trying to improve. If your just starting out learning preflop ranges & positioning then maybe turbo as you can crank through a bunch of hands, but you'll still have a hard time post flop. If you're trying to play the ring more then slow will let you focus on your strategies and gameplay more and give you time to think. I use them to focus on different aspects of gam

K

Kicsike10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously for me slow tournaments are my favorites, because I have time to play more cards, and then the chances of success increase a little bit. I also appreciate the turbo tournaments of course and I play from them too, considering that the game is louder and more aggressive, which I like. All in all, I think you should experience a balance and be able to play both one and the other, depending on the time you give to the gam

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
What is your suggestion to me as a beginner player, should I play in turbo or slow poker games
I've always liked the turbo because it's fast and full of opponents' mistakes.
What is your advice to me?
Slow games are like reeaaally slow, they make you want to quit the game and take up a more exciting activity, like crocheting. I can understand this game pace at Live Poker, but online it's pretty silly.
In Turbo you play way more hands/hours and imo the quality of play doesn't suffer from this. You practice more in a shorter time.

ak907907ak

ak907907ak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always preferred Turbo. unless I am in a really big game then doesn't really matter. But yes Turbo for sure.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Regular tournaments with 10 min per blinds are best for me. Tourneys with 5 or 3 min are to fast and much more depending on luck.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
All should be regular speed. Turbos don't allow for good poker skills.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest you choose the slower mode, so you have more time to act... as you are a beginner, this is a great suggestion.
I really agree with you, thanks for your help

Regular tournaments with 10 min per blinds are best for me. Tourneys with 5 or 3 min are to fast and much more depending on luck.
I also like the long minute tournaments between levels .because it gives you more luck to play good hands. As for fast tournaments, most of the time you have to play all hands so they don't eat you

Last edited by a moderator: