I think you gotta play turbo unless you have alot of patience

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both got it's ups and downs but the top premium games are usually on the moderate to slow side.

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously for me slow tournaments are my favorites, because I have time to play more cards, and then the chances of success increase a little bit. I also appreciate the turbo tournaments of course and I play from them too, considering that the game is louder and more aggressive, which I like. All in all, I think you should experience a balance and be able to play both one and the other, depending on the time you give to the game.:angel:

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you have answered your question - you are a beginner player. For inexperienced players, any experienced player will advise playing only tournaments with a slow blind structure. First of all, you will have more time to make decisions in the hand, as there is usually more extra time in tournaments with a slow blind structure. Secondly, the turbo blind structure is very, very variance and you need a lot more bankroll to play in such tournaments, otherwise you will simply become bankrupt. If a tournament with a slow blind structure has a good bankroll of 200 buyins, then a turbo structure requires at least 3 times that, 600 buyins. Thirdly, the slow structure is much better for learning the basics of poker, without which you cannot win anything in tournaments with any blind structure.
You really make sense, thanks for the advice

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow

I preferred to play slow games when I was first learning the game.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd play Turbo - it is easier to get experience in different stages of the tournament and stack depths and you will get lots of short stack play with antes. Slow tournaments get you more deep stack experience.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

It really doesnt matter to me I will adapt to whatever table I am occupyiing.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
as a beginner i played slow because you have time to set your game and play only the good hands

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like turbo or regular tournaments because I don't have that much time to play, except on weekends that I can play the slow and deep stack tournaments.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I always prefer slow. I like to play more hands without feeling the pressure of the blinds too soon.

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, slow tournaments are better for beginners. Turbo tournaments are already for more experienced players. In slow tournaments you will be able to learn the basics and better understand the fundamental principles of the game.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always prefer regular tournaments. In turbo tournaments, your stack will be short fast, you don't have time to use various strategies and you often have to gamble.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always would choose slow over turbo style. Slow style has more control over hand selection strategy and less luck involved.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that if you have a good technique, you tend to want to play games with longer blinds and deep stacks, it will depend a lot on your style. As you defined yourself as a beginner, I believe that turbos can really have more opportunities for you since there are many situations of all in or fold so there's not much to go wrong:)
Thank you

If you like turbo for speed, etc, that's a choice. But most poker is NLH'em, at regular speed, slow for you. If you play for the action, give Omaha poker a try. There is way more action every hand, compared to holdem.
Omaha, like hold'em, can be ruined by other players who take too long to make their play.
I actually tried playing Omaha and I liked it a lot because you have more chances to win and thank you for your help

Привет
If you have enough time and good patience then I will advise slow - there is time to analyze rivals
Thank you for the advice

I always seem to pick turbo but if there's already more people sitting on a regular table, i'll choose that as well.
I like fast tournaments, but slow tournaments are too late to end. playing many hours while you wait, and in the end a player comes and defeats you with a hand you didn't expect

Last edited by a moderator:
speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like slow courses with high money, but fast courses with small incomes

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your personality lends itself to shorter lengths at the tables then it may be best suited for you to play turbo's. Turbos are typically take less skill then slower tournaments, where the skilled player has more of an edge.
Yes, I agree with you, and thanks for your help

whichever is most suited to you but slow allows you to think a bit more and perfect your game
Yes and thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have to go with turbo poker takes enough time as it is.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Sit & Go turbo's, when I don't have time for a multi table tournament. Takes about 10 to 15 minutes, and its good practice for a final table.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will tell about myself. I prefer games in turbo mode. But I think that because of my restlessness, this game mode is the most disadvantageous. Slow games For me, these are the most boring games. Therefore, if you want to play profitably, then it is probably better to choose slow games, if you play for leisure - choose turbo.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your suggestion to me as a beginner player, should I play in turbo or slow poker games
I've always liked the turbo because it's fast and full of opponents' mistakes.
What is your advice to me?

Depends on how "beginner" you are, if you know properly how to play post flop the both can be nice for you.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like playing normal more than the turbos...

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I suggest you choose the slower mode, so you have more time to act... as you are a beginner, this is a great suggestion.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I find myself enter the ITM phase more often in the regular/slow structured tournaments and I have made more FTs in those compared to the turbos/hypers.

In the fast paced ones we are all forced to expand our ranges otherwise we will remain out of stack therefore the variance comes into the game.

On the other hand the major drawback of the slow structured MTTs is that we can be ITM after let's say 3 whole hours of game and the reward can be just double the buy in. I mean they have both their pros and cons.

In my opinion you can play both as a beginner but I would have an analogy of 80% slow - 20% turbos/hypers or something like that. Just my opinion.

Good Luck! :)

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The slow games are my preference for sure. There is lots of time to wait for decent cards to play instead of having to take riskier moves with a faster paced game. Everyone has their own preference though so try both and see what you enjoy most.